The Outline

The Unfinished Canvas.

Dong Hae held Ha Na all night as she told him what had happened that night 3 years ago. Dong Hae patiently listened to her  and held her tighter each time her breath broke.

"Also, there is something else I need to tell you. But, I need you to promise to not do anything stupid, please?" Ha Na asked with tired eyes.

"Araso" He held out his pinky and Ha Na intertwined hers to his.

She lifted her shirt to reveal the bruise on her stomach and ribs which had started to gradient from purple to yellow, she pointed to it and then to the mark in between her eyes. "Both of these happened together, a few nights ago. He found me on the bench out front of the complex and did this to me after I told him I was going to tell on him." Ha Na said. Dong Hae popped up looking more serious than she had ever seen.

"Wait, I wasn't finished, he also told me that if I told anyone he would hurt my you and anyone else I cared about.. So you can't do anything or tell anyone! I will not let you or Ri Jin get hurt because of me!"

Dong Hae looked into her eyes still reeling from what he had just heard but reassured her that he would keep his promise. He gently cupped his hands around her face and placed the gentlest of kissed on the mark between her eyes. As she looked up a slight smile crossed her face as she felt some relief from getting the weight off of her chest. He released her face and she sat on the bed.

I wonder if he likes me too? Or maybe he kissed my face out of concern and friendship? She asked herself while watching Dong Hae scramble through her closet.

"Wha.." She tried to say as Dong Hae stopped her. "You are coming to my place, it's not safe here for you." He then took her hand and she gladly followed.