Palette Knife

The Unfinished Canvas.

iHa Na's eyes opened ever so slowly to see the sun peaking out of the barley opened window across the room. She hadn't remembered falling asleep or her coming into this house. Is this Dong Hae's house? She thought turning to see the other side of the bed empty. Where was he? She sat up in a swift motion and let her eyes adjust to the bright view in the room, stopping to take in every aspect of his life that was laying around. She hadn't had a chance to tour his new house since he got back, now was the perfect time!

She slipped the covers off and lifted herself slowly off the bed, she gripped her stomach in pain. Her hard sobs and heavy breathing had made the area that was bruised on her stomach and ribs hurt much more than they had before but, she pressed on. She peaked up onto the shelf across from the bed, there sat mini action figures from Dong Haes favorite comic. She gazed around to wall shelving beside the open window, but it was too bright to see from across the room. She walked a little closer only to see her face next to Dong Haes. It was a  picture they had taken on their first day of High School, before the incident.

She looked at the smile she had on her face that day and felt as if anything that had happened before the incident was a dream, she seemed so happy back then but felt as if she ccouldn't recall it as easily. Now all she seemed to feel was pain.

*Creek* She turned to see Dong Hae walking towards her. He wrapped his arms around her chest and looked at the picture in front that Ha Na had looked upon too. She looked at Dong Hae in the picture to see what she hadn't before, he was looking at her and smiling. He was looking with love. A smile crossed her face without her even thinking and Dong Hae smiled too. She was sure now that he liked her and maybe he knew she liked him too.