Closer than you think.

The wolves howl again (Editing)

Jungkook P.O.V

There was a girl, the boy held her hand. They walked along the bridge, everything apart from the boy and girl blurred out. They were young children. She smiled and so did the boy. Happiness floated around the atmosphere. Unexpectedly, the bridge shook, the boy held the girl closer. It started breaking, the brigde. They ran as fast as they could but it was no use, the breaks caught up to them. The girl fell and the boy tried to pull her up but she was just hanging off the bridge with only the boy's hand keeping her from falling. 'Let go, there's no use in holding on.' She screamed as tears clouded her eyes. 'No! I will never let go!' the boy shouted back. She smiled but the grip got looser and looser. Eventually...she fell. The boy screamed.

I screamed. What? It was a dream? I felt the sweat on my forehead. 'Are you awake?' I heard a male shout out to me. What the hell, where am i? 'Breakfast is on the table so go help yourself.' He said again as he walked into the room. I looked down at my clothes, they were untouched. I looked around, it was someone's bedroom: a guy's room. 'Where am I?'
'You collapsed last night so Nana and I brought you here.' Nana and I? What? so this guy is her brother? Wait, I recognize him. He is that guy! The guy I questioned Nana about. 'You live together?' He smiled,
'Yes, we do.' I brushed my hair back with my fingers. Damn him.
'So, where's Nana?' I asked,
'She's gone to school.'
'This early?'
'She said she had something to do.' Ahh, that something must be apologizing to the teachers.
I got out of bed to wash up and get ready for school. Taking a spoon of rice I bid my goodbye to the guy 'Well, then thank you for the breakfast.' I headed out. So this is where she lives...with a man. What does he do anyway? Can't he buy his own house?


Nana P.O.V

'I sincerely apologize for not attending the lessons yesterday' I bowed with my head down.
'It's alright, if you were sick but please make sure you inform the school next time.' I still can't believe I used Jungkook's excuse. But what was he going to say?

I walked along the hallway to my class, 'Where were you yesterday, Nana?' Hyerin asked,
'Oh, that. I was sick so I went home.'
'Ahh, okay. By the way, the hotties are looking for you. Why are you so popular with my boys?' Hyerin pouted,
'My boys?' I laughed,
'Yah!'
'You can't exactly have a lot of boys to yourself.'
'Fine, i'll let you have one.'
'It's fine. You keep them. I don't want any.' I lifted my hands in surrender. 'But who did you say were looking for me?'
'BAP.' Not again.
'Okay. Let's go to class.'

I endured class but I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday. My parents. What if they are still out there looking for me? I felt the urge to return to return to Pyrodius but I knew i couldn't. I didn't know how to. If I didn't know how I got here, how could I return.

'I'm guessing you didn't get the message from your friend?' Zelo stood in front of my desk,
'What now?' I looked up at him, 'You were looking for me, so what did you want?'
'Nothing in particular, just to sit and talk around, you know. Since we're friends, anyway.' Zelo smirked,
'Since when were we friends? I don't exactly remember you asking me to befriend you?'
'Well, let's just assume this is the beginning to our friendship.' I smiled sarcastically. 'So are you free this evening?'
'Why?' I asked,
'Well, it's not a big deal or anything but I just thought you would be interested in learning something about your past.'
My past? How does he know anything about my past? 'Thanks, but I kind of don't have amnesia, I remember everything.' I lied,
'Would you like to tell me where your parents are then?' He smirked, he clearly knows that I have no recollection of my memories. I didn't speak. If he really knows where they are and I say the wrong thing. I would be making a fool out of myself.
'Where? and at what time?'
'At least you won't die of curiousity' Zelo teased. 'Meet me at the cafe you work in at 5pm.'
'Yah! What did he say? Did he ask you out?' Hyerin exploded with questions,
'No! Why would he?' I scrunched up my nose feeling disgusted at that question,
'Then why was he looking for you?'
'He uh...he wanted my...uh...notes! Yes, notes. He wanted my notes for some classes.' I lied. It would get messy if she got involved, sorry Hyerin.
'Oh' She settled down in her seat.


'Byunghun? Where are you?' I called out as I entered the house.
'You back?'
'Oh, there you are!' I found him finally. 'I need to go somewhere. I'll be back in a while.'
'Wait, where are you going?'
'The witches, they know about my past. I want to know' I confessed. He picked up his shoes and started wearing them.
'I'm going with you, It's too dangerous.' I sighed,
'Okay, fine but don't mess anything up. This is my only oppurtunity to find out what happened.'He nodded.

I looked through the glass window of the cafe. I spotted Zelo and made my way over to him with Ljoe. 'You brought a friend?'
'Long time no see.' Ljoe waved at him. Zelo kept a poker face.
'What would you like to get?'
'One machiato for me.' Ljoe raised his hand. Zelo and I turned our heads towards Ljoe and made a who-asked-you face.
'Just some juice for me.' The lady took our orders and handed the drinks.

'What do you know about my parents?' I asked, I wanted to know, even if it meant talking to an enemy, I needed to know.
'They are locked up.' He said firmly,
'Locked up? Where?' I panicked in my head, I didn't remember my past yet I felt the tremble in my voice when I spoke.
'Up in Achelois Nemesis Nebula. They are locked up in the Scelestus Asylum.'
'What? Why? What did they do?' I bombed him with questions
'That's all for now.'
'Wait, no! You said you'll tell me about my past!' I shouted,
'Calm down Nana! For all you know, this sinister guy could be lying.' Ljoe held my shoulders to put me in place. I don't understand. Why would they be locked up in such a prison? They are not even animals! What crime did they commit?
'If this is lying, I don't know what the truth is.' Zelo threw a photograph across to me. I picked it up. It was a photo of a man and a woman...my parents? I opened my locket. It was the same! The woman in my locket and the photo! The people in the photo had chains around their necks, wrists and ankles. I felt the anger boiling up in my system. How dare they lock up my parents. 'Which planet are they in?'
'I said that's enough for today.' Zelo argued, 'Do you think that the only thing in your past is your parents?'
'What else is there, then?'
'There's so much you don't know, Nana. As much as I want to tell you...I will not.'
'Why not?' I furrowed my eyebrows
'You might end up making a mistake.'
'And why do you care? Wait, I thought you were my enemy, so why are you telling me all of this?'
'To lure you into a trap.' Facepalm! Does he want to reveal his plans for killing me in the future too...jeez.
'Um...' I stared at his face in confusion,
'But also because I think you deserve to know what happened to your parents.' In some kind of way, I felt as if he was being lenient towards me, and sensitive at the same time. It was like he knew what it felt to not know you had family. I would use my psychometry but I couldn't because casually just touching his hand would be weird and suspicious.
'In return of giving you that piece of delightful information, I would like to ask you a question.' I raised an eyebrow.
'The boy in your locket...do you know him?' I opened my locket instinctively. I shook my head.
'I don't have any memories of anyone before I came to Earth.' Zelo squinted his eyes as if he knew something. I knew I couldn't ask, he wouldn't tell me.

'What if I told you he's closer than you think he is?'




Author's note:

I know this chapter is short but I promise the tension is building up.

Please keep reading, It's going to get more interesting.

BTW the quick update was because of one of my amazing fans ^.*