Embracing the void.

The wolves howl again (Editing)

'Does it fit?' Hyerin's voice hit my ear. Standing in the room staring at the sweetheart aqua blue cocktail dress, I shouted back 'Not yet!' I heard Hyerin's footsteps grow louder,
'Well, what are you doing? We have to...' I heard a giggle in her voice, 'Jungkook is picking you up in a few minutes!' I clenched my fists nervously.

After a while of complaining, I wore the dress, which fit beautifully. 'Don't worry, i'll be right behind you.' Hyerin said as I walked out of her door. 'What do you mean you'll be right behind me? You're taking a freaking taxi there when i'm getting picked up.' I turned around to finish my tantrum 'And why would I worry?'
'Ok, ok. You win, I lose. But you'll do well! Don't be nervous in front of him and if he asks you to do dance, do it!' I pouted at her and she smiled. As we finished our conversation, Hyerin nudged me to look at the guy standing in a black dress suit. She fangirled over his clothes. Not gonna lie, it looked good on him. 'I'll go then!' Hyerin shouted. 'Take good care of her.' I heard her whisper to Jungkook. I furrowed my eyebrows and held my arm in embarrassment.

Jungkook walked towards me and smiled. 'You look beautiful' My heart fluttered like little butterflies...'...is what you expect me to say, right?' brat. He laughed.

We arrived at the party. It was a large hall. With Golden chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and cream painted walls. Jungkook gestured his arm out for me to hold. I stood for a second not knowing what to do. He waited for my hand but I completely ignored him and walked inside. 'What was that for?' He caught up to me. I blanked him again.
'Hyerin!' I ran to her holding up the ends of my dress.
'Yah! Why did you just leave Jungkook like that?' I looked back at him but he wasn't there.
'His social network runs miles long. I'm sure he'll find someone to accompany him.' She slapped my shoulder,
'It's different for you, idiot.' I furrowed my eyebrows not understanding her words.'Hey! Mirae is walking towards us.'
'You sure have a good brain for multitasking. First it's Jungkook or BTS and now it's Mirae.' I taunted.
'Well look who we have here. I didn't think you'd come.' She smiled at me. It was intimidating. As if her smile held a bad meaning behind it. 'Well, it would be sensible considering the 'open invitation' part of your party.' I sarcastically spoke. Hyerin nudged me and gestured a don't-mess-with-her look. 'What is this. Are you getting rude with me?' She laughed.
'Did I say something to offend you? I sincerely apologize, then.' I tried to sound sincere to cover up my 'I don't give two s about your feelings' mood. She laughed at me once again. What is her problem?

All of sudden, I felt light-headed. I squinted my eyes a little bit. 'Excuse me.' I said as I headed towards the ladies toilet. I rested both arms on the sink and let the water flow through the tap i opened. I looked up at myself and felt a sharp pain in my head. .

Flashback
'Nana, listen to me. You have to go! Mommy and Daddy will be with you soon. You need to go first.' My mother carressed my hair as the endless tears flowing through my eyes started to calm down. 'I'm not leaving.'
'Nana! please. You need to hurry, the king will be here shortly.' We heard a bang on the door and watched some troops walk in surrounding the King to his protection. He walked towards me, knelt down and touched my head. My head started hurting and I saw a colourful aura surrounding me. There I was, falling on the ground as my conciousness was tested to the max. My eyes closed. Once I had re-opened them, I was on Earth.
End of flashback.

I relived the dizziness and I fell to the ground on the toilet. I layed on the ground with my eyes half opened. Everything slowed down. My hands formed a ball and I closed my eyes to embrace the empitness. My parents. Mum, dad. What happened?


Hyerin P.O.V

I looked around searching for Baek Nana. I couldn't find her. I knew that she wouldn't be talking to someone because Jungkook was occupied and there wasn't anyone else she knew that well. I rushed to the toilet with some hope and saw her lying there on the floor. 'Nana!' I knelt down next to her and nudged her shoulder to get her normal. I bit my lip and ran out to look for Jungkook, maybe he would be able to help.
I tapped his shoulder and nearly screamed 'It's Nana! I don't know what's wrong with her but she is just lying on the floor.' His smile turned to an anxious expression and held my shoulders 'Where is she?'
'I- in the ladies toilet.' He immediately ran over and as did I.


Jungkook P.O.V

I entered the toilet in a rush and saw her body lying lifeless on the ground. I lowered to her level and screamed her name 'Baek Nana!' I held her head in my arms aiding her body. 'Nana! Baek Nana! Come to your senses!'
'Shall I call the hospital?' Hyerin asked. I looked back at her and thought for a second.
'No. Not the hospital. Just go, I'll take care of her.' I said taking into account her being a vampire. She exited the toilet and I picked her up bridal style. I walked out into the party hall with all eyes on me, I speed walked towards the information desk outside the hall. The hall was in a hotel so I asked the lady for a room and took Nana there.

I layed her down on the bed, took my blazer off and closed the door. I dragged a chair next to the bed and held her hand. 'Nana, It's okay. You're safe. I'm here.' I tried to reassure her everything was okay. I had a strong feeling she was vexed about something and given her personality she wouldn't tell me even if i asked. I sat with her for a few minutes.

She opened her eyes, looked over to me and slowly sat up. 'Nana, if there is something worrying you, tell me. That's what i'm here for.'
'You can't help me. It's all in the past, anyway.' She finally spoke. I sat on the bed with her and pulled her into a hug.
'It's alright. Everything is going to be fine.' She wasn't hugging back, neither did she say a word. I continued to hold her until she pulled out of it and stood up to fix herself in the bathroom. I sat and waited for her to come out the bathroom. I couldn't think of what would be bothering her. That's when I remembered she said it was 'all in the past'.


Nana P.O.V

I don't know what happened to me for a moment there. My pain eased when he held me...wait, what am I thinking? Nevermind. I splashed cold water on my face making sure to not ruin my makeup. With a deep breath I exited the bathroom and stopped to say 'thank you' to Jungkook. But instead, since those words were too foreign to me, I ended up saying 'Did you pay for the hotel room? Shall I pay?' He looked at me ridiculously,
'Is that all you can think of right now? I paid already.' I know, i'm lame. But I honestly just wanted to thank him.
'I'll leave first, then.' before I could leave, Jungkook stopped me, holding onto my wrist.
'If you need someone to talk to, I'll be here for you.' I froze and he left the room. I know that is so cliche to humans, that phrase, i mean. However, there was so much going on in my head. But can I really talk to him? Will he listen?

I walked my way to the party hall with struggle since I didn't know where to go. I encountered J-hope on the way who showed me where to go. 'Are you alright?'
'Nae?' I asked, he stopped, and so did I.
'You collapsed. Jungkook was very worried.' He was? That guy was worried?
'I'm fine.'
'Hey, um, if it's alright to ask, why do B.A.P hate you so much?' J-hope asked. Why does he want to know? I forced my brain to come up with an excuse. 'Oh, um...I owe them a debt and I have yet to repay them.' Will he buy that?
'You know, if you need any help. Just call me.' He handed me his number...what do I need that?
'Thanks.' I humbly accepted it.

Ring! Ring! 'Crap' I whispered as I pulled out my phone from my purse. 'Hello?'
'Baek Nana...' A familiar voice grunted. My eyes widened as I recognized his voice.
'Byunghun? Are you okay? You're at home, right? Wait for me. I'll be there soon!' I shut the phone and looked back at J-hope.
'Sorry, I have to go.' I told him.
'I'll see you around, right?' I paused and found the right words to say,
'Probably.'



'I'm here!' I ran to Ljoe's bed and looked at him who was sitting up in the bed. I held his hand. 'What happened?'
'Those guys...' He refixed his position letting out a sound of pain and continued 'they broke in looking for something.' I looked around turning my head, 'What do they need from us?'
'I don't know, but whatever they were looking for wasn't in the house at the time so they did nothing but mess the house up and drug me.' He held onto my shoulders. 'Listen to me, Nana. B.A.P are incredibly dangerous right now. They made a new formula for vampires. You need to stay away from them.' I nodded,
'I know.'
'For the next few days I want you to stay at home.' I furrowed my eyebrows.
'No. I can't.'
'Nana, please. Listen to me!' I stood up.
'Why? Are you hiding something from me again? I won't let them hurt you so leave it all up to me. Please!' Ljoe held onto my hand and I kept clenched my fists. 'Nana. I'm not hiding anything from you. Seeing how they are always chasing you and seeing how they broke in and took nothing probably means they want something from you.'
'Yeah, our blood. We have already established that.' He shook his head
'No. They want something more. They don't work for anyone yet they worked for the queen. There's a mission they need to do yet in order to get lured they need a reward for the mission which is probably our blood. The real mission has only just begun. If things don't work out, they might even kill you.'
'They won't.'
'How can you garantuee that?'
'Zelo told me about my past.'
'He used that as an excuse to get you emotionally unstable.'
'I can handle them.'
'One against six. What's your advantage?'
'I'm a vampire.'
'They cast spells.'
'I have psychometry. If I can use that to find what their mission is. I can stop them.'
'And how do you plan on doing that?' He's right. How can I use pscyhometry on them? It's risky.
'I'll need your help, Byunghun.' He crawled out of bed.
'Woman, are you blind or what? I just woke up from a deadly drug that was injected into me by witches who are actively hunting us down.' He raised his tone. He had a point, but honestly...I felt the sooner we did this, the easier our lives would get.
'One week. I'll make a plan in one week and come back to you. If you want to help, then you are free to do so. If not, be my guest to back out of it.' I proposed. He quietly decided. 'One week. And it better be worth my time.' He commanded. I nodded.


For those of the readers who have been reading all the way I have a little message!

It might confuse you but I changed a part of the story. It's not major. Instead of having EXO, I decided it would be easier and more appropriate to just have BTS in the story. I replaced Kai's part to be J-hope's parts. There's no change in the story so you can keep reading as usual.

Please continue to support and comment on my story. I realize there are a lot of typos so please point it out if necessary.