By a hair's breadth.

The wolves howl again (Editing)

What? Why are they here? I looked out of the window, I prayed Ljoe would be there. He wasn't. Zelo looked my way and smirked. I clearly am not liking this. 'All right class, be nice to these 6 handsome men. I have to leave for today because of an important matter, a new teacher will be teaching this lesson. Be nice and wait for him.' She left. Obviously no one will behave when there is no teacher. I guess I was wrong. The whole class was silent. BAP scattered around the room. Zelo walked up to Hyerin's seat. 'Move' he said,
'Nae?' Hyerin said,
'I said move. I'm sitting here from now on.' without question, Hyerin left to go to the next seat. Like that, the rest of the members kicked people out of their seats to sit their themselves. What a mean bunch. I have the itch to tell Ljoe all of this right now. 'Well, have you made up your mind now?' Zelo asked me still looking straight ahead.
'Somewhat...' I didn't know how to reply, all I needed to do right now is confirm they are all witches.
'What do you mean somewhat? If you keep on holding up like this, we won't sit and wait' he warned me, i nodded with a fake smile. What do I do? Where is Ljoe when i need him. I rested my head on the table throughout the whole lesson.

The bell rang. 'Nana? Are you going to stay here?' Hyerin called out. I still had my head on the table,
'Mm. I want to rest a bit'
'Oh, ok. I'll see you later then' I lifted my hand and waved goodbye at her.
'You seem tired' I immediately jumped up at the sound of some male. Oh, It was J-hope. He ruined my rest.
'I'm not tired. I just want to sort out my thoughts right now' i explained. He casually took the seat in the font of me,
'Have you got something that's bothering you?' he seemed curious but what can I do? This matter is serious. 'Could I possibly help you with it?' he asked.
'I appreciate the concern but it's nothing.' I reassured him. Why does he keep bugging me? Jeez, let me get some rest. The door of the classroom slided open. 'Where were you? I was looking for you!' Wait, i've got it. That is...Jeon jungkook. Yes, I knew i had a good memory. J-hope laughed. What's funny? 'What are you doing in here?' Jungkook just doesn't shut up doesn't he? 'I was just taking a rest' J-hope said. Since when is talking to me resting? I looked towards Jungkook. He looked at me in a weird way. If looks could make people so curious, I would've been the cat who died from curiousity. Just what the hell is wrong with this school? The door closed as Jungkook left.


I walked past the gate and sighed. 'You have quite the connections, don't you Baek Nana?' I got startled all of a sudden. Since when did i have this much people talking to me? Inevitably, BAP were standing outside the gates waiting for the none other 'Baek Nana'. 'What do you want now?' I questioned.
'You've got guts, my friend' Jongup spoke,
'Friend? Why would I be friends with the likes of you?' What does he see me as?
'Fiesty, nice. You won't be pulled that foul mouth into a smile anytime soon if you keep up with this. Don't think we will let you go just because you are a girl' Daehyun smirked.
'Get away from me or I won't sit still' I warned.
'I'm curious as to what you will do' Yongguk teased and Bap laughed. What am I, a laughing stock?
While they laughed their heads off, i took the oppurtunity to speed walk out of their sight. I walked faster with every step, I honestly didn't know where I was heading. I stopped for a while to catch my breath and rested my hands on my knees. I looked back to see them following me. , I legged it again and ran as fast as i could. I occasionally took glimpses back to see if they were still there, and they were.

I stopped when I finally didn't recognize the area. There were a lot of trees, It smelt like wood. The smell was refreshing. I had a feeling they were still following me so i climbed up a tree to get out of their sight. I sat on a high branch hoping I wouldn't fall. I couldn't attack because of my secret, I couldn't possibly let my carelessness make a mistake. I have to be careful in the human world.
I was up in the tree for what seemed like hours. Finally they had gone, why were they chasing me to start with? I tried to climb down but I found it difficult. All of a sudden I turned upside down and fell on the ground. The distance from the branch I was on to the ground was probably more than 10 ft. It hurt, the fall did.


Jungkook P.O.V
 

I heard a loud bang in the woods. I couldn't make out what it was so I kept walking. I would've walked further, but i couldn't ignore the gold chained locket and the name badge which was on the ground along with the leaves, sticks and stones. I picked up the name badge...Baek Nana? I opened the locket, it was a picture of woman and a young boy.

Before I could make an opinion of the locket my head started hurting. I pushed my temples hard and shut my eyes. Unconciously, the locket and badge dropped out of my hand. And then it started. A flashback.

Flashback
'Please stay with me' a young child begged, she was young and was tugging on a boy's shirt,
'I don't know if we can keep on meeting like this' The boy looked confused.
'No one will ever find out. Trust me, please' She begged until tears formed in her eyes. She closed her eyes to let the tears flow out. The boy knelt down to meet her eye level and wiped her tears gently. 'I will be back. I promise' He promised.
End of flashback

I fell to the ground on my back. My mind couldn't process what I saw. Who were they? that young girl and the young boy. I picked up the badge and locket again. The boy in the locket...the boy in the flashback. Are they one person?


Nana P.O.V

'Are you sure you are okay? Don't you need to get a check up in the hospital?' Ljoe asked again, he kept on following me around everywhere. I stopped at my wardrobe, 'I think you are forgetting something again.'
'What?' he asked,
'I can't go to the hospital, this is the human world. Plus I'm not badly injured, it's just a scratch.' he looked at my knee which was bleeding 'A scratch...Interesting. Just drink some blood. That'll heal the wound' I nodded.


Walking down the hallway is so fun, especially when you end up bumping into someone who doesn't seem to use their eyes much. 'Yah, pick up your eyes!' I screamed. Sadly, I was only digging my grave when I said that because the super intelligent Baek Nana couldn't say anything nice to someone who was crazy popular e.g. Jeon Jungkook. Of course Nana is not a fan of someone like Jeon Jungkook but she is not fond of getting her veins cut out by the Jungkookions (My way of saying Jungkook minions/lovers). 'Sorry, what?' He laughed in ridicule,
'Nothing, I said I'll be careful next time while walking since I clearly don't seem to know how to use my eyes' I protected myself. He gave me the Are-you-right-in-the-head look. I tried walking past him but he pulled me back my holding onto my arm, 'What do you want?' Jungkook lifted his hand which had a name badge in it. 'wow a name badge! Have you never seen one before?' I just had to pull out my sarcasm didn't I? 'This is what a name badge is' I said pointed at my name badge...which seemed to be non-existant. 'Wait, where is it gone?' I tried feeling my blazer to look for it.
'Are you perhaps looking for this?' Jungkook held up my name badge with a smirk on his face,
'Give me that! Why do you have it?' I put it back on my blazer.
'Don't you have manners? Don't you need to say something?' He questioned,
'Where did you get it?' I ignored his question,
'You didn't answer me'
'Neither did you so we're even.' I tried to end that arguement by breaking even but he was desperate to get his 'thank you'.
'But, why are you using informal speech with me?' I asked, i was glad I picked up on that. And to think that he would have manners. Tut tut Mr ArrogantAss. 'Do I need to formal with indecent and rude es like you?' I laughed in shock and fanned myself, 'Look at this, just look at this attitude. Who the the hell are you calling a ? Do I look like your future wife to you?'
'What?' he clearly didn't get that cuss.
'What I meant was that I know your future wife will be a but don't mistake me for her.' You go Baek Nana! I'm loving the spirit in you! I snarled at him and pushed passed him. Clearly he was processing my level of rudeness in his brain. Need help with cussing? Call Baek Nana!



'I mean, how could I even wait that long? Does he think I will wait for him to call me or something?' Hyerin seemed to be talking to herself because I wasn't in on listening. 'He seems like a nice person. Just call him, he shouldn't wait that long.' I mindlessly replied, she looked confused...did I say something wrong? 'It's the other way around though? I'm the victim here, Nana!' I scratched my head in confusion. I was totally out of it. I stood up and walked my way to the toilets. That sure didn't go well though. I tripped over a foot who belonged to Jeon Jungkook. 'Yah! Pick up your eyes!' He laughed at me. How dare you use my lines on me? I blew my hair out of my face. I literally became a laughing stock since everyone started laughing. I stood up, if I were human, my body would be heating up in embarassment and anger. 2 in 1. I wanted to punch him but even my punch is so precious.

The three girls I met a few days ago who are Jungkookions walked over to me. Jungkook ignored the situation and returned to his food. Ignorant maniac. 'Oh, It looks like someone needs a hand.' one of the girls held out her hand to pick me up. I held onto her hand to get her up, she let me up halfway and let go to let me fall again, 'Oops' she slyly covered . , don't think i'll let you go next time. Jungkook looked straight ahead but i could hear his scoff. What the hell does he think he is laughing at?


I looked up at the ceiling, the ceramic lights shone in my eyes. I covered them with my right hand. I was drowning in my thoughts. How long do I have to wait until I go back to Pyrodius? Why do I have to stay here? I felt my neck for my locket. It wasn't there. I immediately sat up on my bed, where it is gone? I only realized right now. Ah, it must've fell out of my neck when I fell in the woods.

I immediately put on my shoes to run to the woods. I couldn't lose the thing that could give me a clue to going back to Pyrodius. 'Where are you going?' Ljoe shouted,
'I'll be back' I didn't have time to answer him.
'Baek Nana' Sorry ljoe, i'll explain when I get home.

I tried to reproduce my footsteps from the day I ran in here. I kept losing my track. The woods were collosal, I didn't know where I was going. Finally, I found a tree that looked like the one I climbed. I touched it. The memories of falling from the tree came to me. It was this tree.


Jungkook P.O.V

I had a strong feeling she was going to come back to look for her locket. Why the is this place so big? I had the locket tightly clenched in my hand, I was prepared to give it back to her. But obviously, not for free. I found it.

There she was! My sixth sense was right. She was there. I watched her walk to the tree. Strangely, she touched the tree and closed her eyes. After a minute or to he immediately opened her eyes and started searching around the tree. Now was the time. I walked up to her. 'We meet again.' I greeted.


Nana P.O.V

Why him again? 'Go away. I'm not in the mood for your little games' I seriously was not in the mood,
'But are you looking for something?' He totally ignored me,
'Huh? Oh, I'm not looking for anything' why the heck did i lie? He could've helped me find it.
'I believe this is yours' I looked at him, he was holding up a locket. My locket. I snatched it from it and opened it to confirm it was mine. 'Where did you get this? And how do you know this is mine?' I tried to piece up the puzzles. He returned my name badge to me as well. He had both my badge and my locket and It must've fell here so he picked it up from...the woods? How did he know I dropped it though? 'Wait, how did you know where I dropped this?' He shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his face. 'Wipe that disgusting smirk off your face' I told him.
'Why do you have a problem with it?' he took a step closer and I backed up.
'Distance. Keep your distance from me. I nearly forgot about this but don't you need to apologize for earlier in the cafeteria?'
'Why do I need to apologize, I was just returning a favour called Karma.' I rolled my eyes.
'But what are you doing here?' I asked,
'I could ask you the same question' Are you testing my patience right now?
'I came here to look for my locket'
'And I came to return it.'
'But you could've returned it at school.' He was silent.
'I don't want silly rumours to spread. Especially not with you.' Nice. You use an insult to cover up the real reason. How can rumours spread over a mere locket? 'How did you know I would come?'
'Don't you think you ask too many questions?' I shook my head, 'You don't actually think I'm giving the locket to you for free, do you?'
'What?' Is he playing with me again?
'I have a condition for returning the locket'
'And what are those conditions?'
'You need to answer two of my questions. Truthfully' What makes you think i'll lie anyway.
'It depends on what the questions are.' He was clear on his conditions and I was clear on whether I would follow them or not.
'Number one. Why were those guys chasing you?'
'What the hell? How do you know I was being chased?'
'That doesn't answer my question.' What the hell do I tell him? It's at times like these where people lie to survive,
'I pissed them off so they threatened me.' He had a poker face. Did he buy that? I couldn't tell by the look in his eyes. It was blank. 'Number two. That guy you are always with, your friend. How do you know him?' Ljoe?
'Lee Byunghun?...He is...my cousin. That's right, he is my cousin' You did it again Nana, you lied.
'Are you telling me the truth?' He took a step closer again,
'Y-yes. You said to be truthful'
'Why did you stutter while answering me the second question?' He took another step closer. I backed off further. I could feel my back hit the tree. 'It took me a while to figure out who you were talking about. I know quite a lot of people.'
He took another step closer. How intimidating. 'Don't lie. Why are you lying?'
'Who told y-you I was l-lying?' I was stuttering because I knew he caught me red-handed. But how? He leaned his arm just above my head on the tree and used the other hand to lean on tree next to my arm to stop me from escaping. 'Baek Nana. Are you hiding something?' . I got caught.


Jungkook P.O.V

She kept on lying. I just knew she was lying. My sixth sense wouldn't trick me. I got the feeling she was hiding something. But why? Why would she hide the true answers to those questions? Why were they chasing her? How does she know Lee Byunghun? Who is she?

'I'm not hiding anything. Why do you think I'm lying?' she lied again.


Nana P.O.V

'I'm back!' I kicked my shoes off in anger. I had mixed emotions. I don't know if he caught on because he clearly didn't buy any of that. 'Where have you been?' ljoe asked,
'I lost my locket. I went to get that.'
'What took you so long?'
'It took me a while to find it.' I threw myself on the sofa. 'Hey, how do you tell if a person is lying?'
'What? well, their body language, the way they talk and things like that. Right? but why are you asking?'
'Really? ok then' I ignored the last part of his reply and headed to my bed.

I promise you Jungkook, I will never let you find out my secret.