We must never be exposed.

The wolves howl again (Editing)

Note: Present thoughts of characters in this colour


Sometimes I wish I didn't have to go to school. Of course, back in Pyrodius (the planet where I and all my fella vampires live), school life is essential. However, the subjects taught differ greatly. I may not remember my past however, I'm pretty sure I can give a basic overview of what Pyrodius is. Rather than learning how much pressure is released in a hydraulic system or learning the distance it takes to cycle down a track with a certain speed and time, we learn about ourselves. It sounds conceited, I know. However, learning what we can do and what we cannot do makes us what we are. For example, a friend of mine who also happens to be a vampire living on Earth - Byunghun, he can read minds. Not everyone have individual abilites, some may share the same but learning combat skills and strategy and analysing skills is a given. Enhancing our cans is better than wasting time on our cannots. 

'Settle down, you bunch of scoundrels.', the noise quietened down.

First impressions of students don't linger around in my mind for too long but when a first impression turns into a definite judgement, problems arise. At the second misfortunate occurance of Mr Jeon's tardiness, the inevitable shouting began as the door swung open: 'Jeon Jungkook! Why are you 20 minutes late to my class?' like before, he nonchalantly walked over to his seat which was depressingly in front of mine. Crossing my arms in disappointment I accidently let a sinful comment loose. 'Beautiful wonders, my . Guys like him beg for the spotlight.' I whispered to myself which just happened to have been heard by the one person who wasn't supposed to hear, 'What did you just say?' he said raising his brows. I shrugged my shoulders as if I said absolutely nothing.

'I'm not late. I'm collecting some baggage. I'll be on my way, then. Oh and..' boy do I feel privelleged or what, I'm about to receive a indirect death warning by boy wonder Jeon Jungkook. 'don't get too ahead of yourself, guys like me is exactly what the spotlight is made for. Unfortunately, girls like you don't have that natural shine.' explain the sparkling in the sunlight, bastard. 

I walked in the corridors, alone, slurping on a carton of orange juice. In a horrible attempt to frighten the out of me, a clique of girls blocked my path. 'What?' I said. Really? Is blocking my way your idea of looking scary?
'I'm warning you! If you speak like that to Oppa again, I will not sit still' the 'leader' I assumed to be threatened.
I gestured ok, not willing to let go of my orange juice and assumed my exit.


'So, how was school?' Byunghun asked,
'Really? Is that what you are interested in? There is so much drama in school' We walked the streets slowly, I turned my back towards the starry night sky which brought a grave question to mind.
'Hey, you- um...about the war, why did you escape it again?'
'Wow, we haven't talked about this in so long. So, I didn't exactly escape it, I fled from Pyrodius. That was the only thing I could do.'
'Fleeing and escaping sounds like the same thing to me. You shouldn't have left.'
'I did the right thing back there. King Lycaon sent the witches to Pydrodius. I don't know what happened after but i knew if i stayed all my hard work to open up the portal would be for nothing.'
'If you were truly meant to be here, the portal would have opened itself up to you. Patience is the key'
'Anyhow. I'm well and alive. That's what really matters.'
'What about everyone else? You only saved yourself' I couldn't believe it was all just for him.
'Nana. I didn't have a choice, I wasn't exactly sent here by choice. It was all a part of King Wyvorn's plan'
'What? The human world is so dangerous. How could he purposely send you here?' He took a seat on a nearby bench and I followed laying my head on his lap. I pulled my legs up on the bench and closed my eyes.


'I'll drop you to your school today' What the hell, I jumped. How did he get in my house? 'you left your door open' I will kill you someday, Byunghun!
'Stop doing that!' What right does he have to read my mind!
'Every right, now hurry up' I gave him a glare.

'So this is what your school looks like?' he looked amused,
'Really? You don't know what school looks like? Tell me the truth, you never went to school in Pyrodius, did you? You were too dumb to study? Is that what it was?' I teased. Although it did sound odd. He made the whole 'vampire on Earth' scene appear to be an 'Alien on Earth scene'.
'This is why you need to study and clear that stupid brain of yours with rubbish thoughts!'
'Whatever' I rolled my eyes. 'So are you planning on following me inside? Or do you want to leave?'
'Is that an invitation?' No, absolutely not! Now back up and go back home!
'I'll pick you up!' he said laughing as he walked away,
'Mm, okay!' I screamed back.

'Who was that?' I jumped,
'God, Hyerin you scared me!' I put my hand on my heart to feel my heartbeat although that was a stupid thing to do as a vampire who doesn't have a heartbeat.
'Was that your boyfriend?'
'Did you eat something bad? why would that thing be my boyfriend. We are just close friends' I emphasised 'thing' to let her know he was no sane man.
'Give me his number' she giggled.
'He um...doesn't have a phone' He only talks to me. His only friend on Earth. Why would he need a phone? Her smile dropped into a pout.
'Everyone has a phone nowadays. At least give him my number.' Not sure he would take it, honestly.

'Class, today we are going to talk about...' The teacher kept up with his continous session of blabbing from which I took the oppurtunity to zone out. I looked out of the window only to find my beloved Byunghun standing there smiling through the window at me. That brat. Doesn't he have anything better to do?
He held up a paper that read 'I'm bored T_T' what the hell do you want me to do about that? I tried to mouth 'i'm in class, go away' but taking into account his ty IQ and lip reading skills, he didn't understand. Instead, I scrunched up a note and threw it at him and of course, I missed the shot. 'Baek Nana! What are you throwing outside the class?' I smiled telling him it was nothing. He continued teaching the class but to my delight, Byunghun was still standing outside. I pointed at him then swirled my finger in the air telling him he was crazy. His only response was a heart made from his hands. 'Baek Nana, Who are you talking to outside?' he walked over to the window and looked around for any signs.
'I'm not talking to anyone. I was just throwing the bugs out of my way' he bought that. Thank goodness Byunghun left in time to save my sorry from detention.


'What was that back there?' I screamed furiously at Byunghun,
'What was what?' playing dumb won't work, pretty,
'I would've got into trouble because of you' I pouted,
'Baek Nana!' Hyerin shouted. Oh no! Hyerin giggled at Byunghun's...whatever. He awkwardly leaned towards my ear,
'What's with her?' she wants your number douchebag. He tugged at my blazer, mouthing 'Let's go'.
'So what's your name?' Byunghun looked around then back at Hyerin,
'Me?' she nodded desperately. He gulped heavily, 'Lee Byunghun' she smiled giving him an empty slip of paper.
'Nana told me you don't have a phone, so when you get one, write your number on this and give it to me' poor him. 'I'll leave first then, Nana' she waved and walked away. Why give an empty piece of paper? Just ask for his number when he gets a phone. 'It's an excuse to see me again. As if I have something that belongs to her so she needs it back. Clever, though. I'll give her that.' He explained. I tutted at both of their idiocity.

'Why don't you,' I headlocked him, 'study so you can be as clever enough to know when to visit me in school'

Around 2 hours after we came back home, Byunghun sat on my kitchen counter, 'You don't seem to have any blood in your fridge?' I flipped through the TV channels searching for something to watch, 'Does that surprise you?' I questioned still focused on the TV.
'Seeing how you are a vampire and vampires drink blood, yes' I sighed
'Check the freezer' he opened the freezer. There was lots of bottles of blood, of course, animal blood.
'Why do you keep your blood in the freezer?'
'Summer is nearly here, if it's too warm it will not be refreshing enough' he only let out a judgemental laugh,
'Are you serious? You don't have any body regulations, why do you need to be refreshed?'
'New things are always refreshing!' I snapped back. Just because my body is like that, doesn't mean I can't do things the way I want to do them, right?
'Do you want to visit the woods with me right now?' I switched off the TV,
'Woah, that was pretty random. But, sure why not.'

'Why did you suddenly want to visit the woods?' I asked him curiously
'Just because' he replied. I heard a loud crack of twigs. 'Is someone here?'
'That's what i was going to ask.' Why would anyone be here late at night? Oh well, It could be a deer or another animal.
'If that is what it is, then i'm going hunting!' Byunghun read my thoughts again. Just before he was about to run, I held onto his arm. 'Don't. You need to be cautious. There will be consequences if you let your identity out to the human world.'
We must never be exposed to the human world. He nodded.