17 again.

The wolves howl again (Editing)

Note: Present thoughts of characters in this colour


119 years being a blood-thirsty animal when that means forging an identity card and passport every whatever years to make me 17 again. This was my 7th time already. A new school every 17 years, yay! I had gone to school so much that I practically memorized the syllabus for every semester. I flicked my hair to show my self off to...myself in front of the mirror where I checked myself once more.

I stood outside of the school gates taking a deep breath to welcoming a new life. The students screamed at each other from different ends of the ground, girls hugged each other in greeting. Geez, they see each other every day and they still never get tired of each other? Humans are unique. Being a vampire in the world of humans was never a hard job. Although, taking into account the old fashioned stereotypes made by humans that state vampires are blood- little devils that can never co-exist with the humans in peace, I do not feel the need to apologise for advocating that stereotype because i was quite the oppposite. I, like any other being have morals and understand the consequences of revealing such identities to the outside world. When i'm on Earth, I'm a human. That's how I lived. No transformations, no killing (not like I do that anyway)...just blood. Pure animal blood self-hunted from the woods.

I rolled my eyes upset of having to start something I didn't have much interest in (school) and walked in towards the head teacher's office which took me 30 minutes to find. Impressive right? I sat on the chair directly opposite the principle's desk, my right leg over my left slouching in boredom listening to the principle blabble about the rules and regulations. 'No violence. Keep peace, you understand?' She spoke. I ignored her unintentioinally. Walking up first thing in the morning to do something i've done more than 5 times can be a pain in the backside.

'Baek Nana? Are you listening?' I turned back at the head teacher,

'Ah, yes. I understand' she nodded her head and dismissed me to let me go to my first class: Math. 'I love math. It's so beautiful, the numbers are so charming they give off a special aura and power' I sang sarcastically with the map of the school in my hand.

'Found it' I smiled pointing in the direction of the classroom. The room was fully occupied with a class which meant I was late. Having done this a dozen times, I wasn't scared of being scolded on the first day since I had the 'I'm the new transfer student' excuse. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door in respect even though the door was opened. All eyes fell on me, 'Ahh, are you the new transfer student?' I smiled nodding my head trying to make a pleasant first impression.
'Class, this is our new student that transferred from Russia, please introdu-'
'Hello, I am Baek Nana. Please take good care of me.' I cut her off, Sorry teach. She directed me to my seat which was thankfully second row to the back next to the window.

I had only been at school for an hour and a little for what felt like a lifetime. The repititive introduction was kind of getting tiring by this point, but guess what, I wasn't the late one this time. A tall male student nonchalantly strolled into class stealing the spotlight from me - Just kidding, this wasn't my kind of stageplay. I shook my head, this guy is in trouble already. 'Mr Jeon, do you think you can walk in here late as you please?'
'It makes me 1 more minute late if I listen to you blabbing about how I am late, right?' I could sense the fustration in the teacher's face. What a jerk.
I observed the reaction of the class which was quite evidently showing he was what the ladies usually labelled 'perfect man' or 'the man of my dreams'. Typical.

I received a note from another student which I opened after eyeing the student. She looked pretty decent and carried a clean aura. 'You are the new transfer student, right? I could show you around if you want ^_^' Who knew I would make friends so quick. I nodded to which she then mouthed 'Wait for me after class'.

'Nice to meet you, I am Kwon Hyerin' She let out a hand for me to shake,
'Baek Nana' I introduced.
Truthfully, I could tell she requested to tour me around just to make a friend, which I wasn't mad about. Thankfully, the tour was quick, short and simple to get my head around.

Finally, entering the cafeteria was probably the one thing I didn't mind doing. Carefully handling our trays, we sat down on a fairly small table.

'You know that guy who walked into the biology class late?' I nodded, here begins the introduction of the main characters in the school. 'He is an A1 hottie.'

'Is that your opinion, or what he is known as?'

'Actually, that may be an understatement' She rubbed her jaw, 'BTS'

'BTS?' What's that now, a fraternity?

'They're bold, talented but at the same time, they are segregated by choice from everyone else. That's what everyone calls them.' That's absolutely great, thanks for the knowledge. 'Hey, I'm just going to run to the toilet, i'll be back' I told her.

'Alright, hurry back.'


If only my clumsiness had timed itself to walk past someone instead of bumping into them, I would have written a letter of appreciation. A hand reached out, most probably to help me up. 'Thanks' I took his hand rubbing off the dirt I scooped up with my skirt on the floor. Before I let go of his hand, I felt a strange vibe. I did forget to mention, being a vampire had its perks. For example, I was born with psychometry which in simple terms is being able to envision the history of someone or something by simply touching it. It didn't work all the time, I guess I wasn't fully in control of it yet. Of course, being fast and stronger than an average human was something I was granted with as well. 

The strange vibe I mentioned seemed to have been like a one second vision I saw. Rather than seeing, It was more auditory. It sounded like a howl, not sure whether it was an angry howl or a sad howl but it wasn't pleasant, I'll give you that. Immediately, I let go. I understand the visions but why was this specific sound linked to this human? Does he have a bad history with dogs? Or wolves perhaps? I shrugged it off even though it felt odd.

'Are you alright?' for some reason I felt it more appropriate to walk away from the question than starting small talk. It didn't feel right. 

I was welcomed back to the table with a whispering scream, 'Yah! how could you just ignore Jin?' Hyerin scolded me, nodding in his direction.
'Jin?' I questioned, 'Who's Jin?'
'He is a a part of BTS, stupid!' BTS? That big group?
'He's a real gentleman, like the rumours say' she seemed proud of the 'fact' which disturbed me a little.
'Rumours? Why are there so many rumours surrounding them? Don't they seem a little eerie to you?' 
'You know, people say things like Namjoon is a casanova and Jin is a gentleman. Those kind of rumours. Ah, and about the eerieness, It's a little complicated but although they rule the school, they don't exactly invite the majority of the population in when they handle their business. That's their charm, I guess.They are a mystery. A beautiful wonder.' I could tell she zoned off to dreamland when she clapped her hands together and swayed in a slow motion. Well, whatever business they handle, I sure don't want involvement.