Catch 22.

The wolves howl again (Editing)

Zyrmeda. 

Third person.

'Release her. She will be quite useful If we manipulate her properly. Assign her to the position of a court lady. Make sure you make it so it seems natural. I don't want anyone to find out who she really is.' 
'I understand, your magesty.' 



Nana P.O.V

'You're back?' the hooded guy untied my hands and feet. I rubbed my sore limbs with a frown on my face directed at the kidnapper. 
'You've been assigned as a court lady. Someone is going to teach you the proper ettiquetes so follow them unless you want to be executed.' 
'Why do I have to work as a court lady?' 
'Kings orders.' 
'What does he want from me? Why is every command from the king absurb?' 
'Please watch your mouth. I do work for the king in case you didn't notice. Like I said, if you want to be executed, feel free to disobey.' 
'Ah...' I rubbed my chest and sighed. 'This feeling is horrible. Jeon Jungkook...where are you?'



Queen Jinx P.O.V

'How many more casualties are we going to take?' King Lycaon half shouted. Filthy peasant. If only he knew what I was going to him. The time is getting closer and closer and I'm growing more impatient. 'I have withdrawn the troops from the border. Not one has crossed the bridge since.' I looked at his discontent face. 'I heard the King of Pyrodius has 4 children. 1 girl and 3 boys. There is an ongoing struggle of power between the crown prince and the youngest child.' he squinted his eyes in interest. Of course, this will interest you fool. 'The king had two wives however the crown prince is the son of a Concubine who is also rumoured to be his favourite wife. His other wife forced him into marriage and had 3 children with him. The queen wants to make her son the heir to the throne and wishes to remove the crown prince from his position.' 
'So they want to kill him?'
'It's not that simple. There have been many attempts to assassinate the crown prince but seeing how they are the royal family it would be normal, right?' I smirked. 'But all those attempts were made inside the imperial palace so if they try to kill the crown prince the blame will fall on the queen.' 
'And how is any of this relevant?' 
'I say we kill the crown prince.' If only he was as smart he would understand all of this was for me, not him. 



Nana P.O.V

'Heol! They want to kill him? I didn't know they were this much against Pyrodius' I wonder who that woman was...the kings wife? What a sly couple.
'What are you doing?' The hooded guy shouted quietly. I ran as fast as I could away from him. . Wait, does that mean I'm going to be killed as well? They are enemies with my home country and the hooded guy knows I'm a vampire so why would they keep me alive?.
He caught me. Damn. 'Where are you running off to?' He panted. 
'I just needed the toilet. It was an emergency so I had to run.' I lied. 'Speaking of which, when are you going to show me your face? Or is it you don't have a face?' I fake gasped. He sighed grabbing my hand. dragging me across the hallway. 'Yah! This is too much intimacy for a kidnapper and a victim!.' 
'I thought you needed the toilet.' 
'Oh, yeah...' annoying .



Hoseok P.O.V

'Is he really okay? He hasn't left his room or ate anything for a while now...'
'I don't know. We are all worried about Nana but he's being too pessimitistic about it. It's like he knows he's not going to find her again.' Yoongi hyung replied. 'Hyung, shh! He might hear us.'
'Hear what? We've been calling his name for the past hour the only thing we've heard the is him punching the wall.' 
'I wish I could help him. I feel bad enough because he lost her once.' 
'There's nothing we can do but sit and wait. If Jungkook doesn't know where she is how will we?' 
'Hyung, what do you mean by he already lost her once?' Taehyung asked. Right, I forgot they didn't realise. 
'It's Nana. The vampire who got seperated from the wolf years ago. That incident...don't you remember the fire?' 
'What? That's her? Does Jungkook know?' he seemed so surprised but then again I had the same reaction when Yoongi and Namjoon hyung told me. 
'No, he still hasn't recovered his memories.' 
'That's such a shame. I wish he knew. If he knew--' 
'If he knew, and the beast killed Nana, do you think he could live with blaming himself for her death forever?' Namjoon hyung entered the living room interrupting Taehyung. 'But Jungkook knows Nana is a vampire yet he still pushes his feelings onto her.' this will never end. I can't even begin to imagine the pain Jungkook must be going through. 'I've tried stopping him but I don't think he cares about the beast. He thinks he's strong and can protect Nana.' he flinched before continouing, 'And...and if Jungkook knew what happened in the past, he would definitely back away.'

'Hyung, I'm going to go check on Jungkook.' Namjoon hyung nodded.
I walked into his room after knocking closing the door behind me. He sat on his bed staring blankly on the ground. 'What did the ground ever do to you to deserve that gaze?' He turned to look at me.
'Hyung. I can't find her.' I waited silently for him to speak, 'I've called her, searched everywhere and I've been to Ljoe to ask but I can't find her.' 
All of a sudden, a thought came to mind. 'Why don't you ask the witches. What if they have her?' He looked up at me, 'I know, I'm great. You don't have to say-' before I could finish, Jungkook grabbed his jacket and ran out of the room and I'm guessing out of the house too.

'Where did he go?' Yoongi hyung asked. 
'BAP.' Namjoon sighed at my response. 



Jungkook P.O.V

'Zelo? I need to talk to Yongguk. Put him on the phone.' I walked faster with every step as I waited for him to come on the line.
Finally I arrived at the address Yongguk gave me through the phone. 'So what is it you need to talk about?' Yongguk asked. I panted lightly from all the running, 'It's Nana. I can't find her.' 
'What do you mean you can't find her' Zelo asked
'Ever since the camping trip, she's been missing and I have searched everywhere. I thought she might be here since this is the only place I haven't checked.' 
'And why does that concern you?' Yongguk questioned. 
'Just tell me where she is God dammit!' I held him by his collar, 'If I find you are hiding her somewhere, allies or not...I will not let you see the sun rise ever again.' I loosened my tie in fustration after pushing him away. 



Zelo P.O.V

'Hyung, don't you think we should be concerned if Nana is missing? She is your objective anyway.' I asked Yongguk hyung, 
'I'll find her so don't poke your nose in our business.' I rolled my eyes making my way to my room.

I closed my eyes laying on my bed with my hand over my eyes. Everything was clear and pitch black. Soon, it turned into little stars colliding and transferring me into a whole new universe. I sat up to see the queen in front of me. Did she call me to Elysium? I knelt to pay my respects, 'I apologise for the abruptness in bringing your soul here but I need updates of what is going on down there.' 
'There is no progress, they- i mean we haven't found her yet.' 
'What do you mean found her?' 
'Truth is, she has been missing since a few days ago and no one knows where she is, your magesty.' She squinted her eyes at me. 
'You have until the next full moon to find her. And when you find her, bring her here. You understand me?' 
'Yes, your magesty.' I returned to my original position on Earth with my arm over my eyes on my bed. I looked at my calendar. The day after tomorrow marks the day we go back...with Nana. 



Elysium 

Queen Jinx P.O.V

'What is going on with the poor?' I asked the royal advisor,
'They are still protesting outside the palace walls. Their illness is getting worse and they cannot cure it. The poor are losing their farmland over the impact of the war.' 
'How many have died solely due to the illness?' 
'The deaths are not being recorded properly since the poor did not register their birth at the imperial palace registry. The only recorded deaths account to 900.' 
'And the farmland?' 
'There is a rumour going around ever since you met with the foreseer. She has been going around to the locals and spreading word of a young lady from pyrodius telling everyone to be prepared for everything that is going to supposedly happen soon. Since then people having been blaming her for all the misfortune and failure of crops. What should I do regarding that, your magesty?' 
'Young lady?' They must be talking about her. 'Get rid of her.' 
'But, she is the only exper-' 
'Remove any trace of her existance. We don't need her anymore.' 
'Yes, your magesty.' 
'And inform King Lycaon I will be heading over to the palace soon.'
'Understood, your magesty.' 



Nana P.O.V 

'Deliver tea, deliver that, clean this up' do I look like a bloody slave to you I muttered to myself mocking the court ladies in the palace. This is annoying and I'm getting sick of it. I just want to go home...and see ljoe and hyerin and most of all I want to see Jungkook. If only I could tell him where I was. He wouldn't even know how to get here. He is a human after all.

'Why do you look depressed.' The I'm-so-scared-to-show-my-face-to-my-victim man popped out of nowhere making me slighting jump unfolding my arms.
'Heol.' I folded my arms at his stupidity, 'Can I take a little break? I mean from all this dramatic king orders shady man to kidnap innocent girl from Earth plot? My friends are worried sick for me.'
'No.'
'Just for a while...please. I just want to se...'
'N-'
' you.' I cut him off furiously walking away from the scene. I walked too fast I bumped into someone, without looking up I angrily said 'watch it' 
'Baek Nana, was it?' I looked up to see death written everywhere. It was the king. Way to go Nana. 
'Ah, yes...your magesty...' The look in his eyes showed no guilt or emotion towards this sudden abduction.
'No need to look so afraid, i'm not going to hurt you.' He laughed off this sentence which made me sick. 
'If you don't mind me asking, why am I here?' I pleaded to know the answer, 
'That's a good question, let's see if you can solve the riddle yourself.' He smirked as he moved in the opposite direction leaving me helplessly confused,
'Is it because you need something? My blood? My power?' I shouted across the hallway to the ignorant king who didn't even look back once.



Ljoe P.O.V

'I mean, there's nothing special here for you to insist on staying.' I told Jungkook as he rested his arms on Nana's wadrobe with his head down eyes closed, 'It smells like her.' 
'Of course it does, the whole room does.' 
'I see her everywhere, I cannot get a wink of sleep and I have no appetite. Without her, it's all meaningless.' 
'You're not the only one.' 
'No!' He paced towards me grabbing my collar, 'you don't understand. I did everything to keep her close, despite the myth-'
'It's not a myth, Jungkook. Wake up' He released my collar which i re-adjusted. 'It was all true and it still is. I don't want to say much but if you don't stop you could get her killed.' 
'It's not real.'
'It is.' 
'I will protect her.' I shook my head,
'You don't know where she is but you say that, you can't find her or protect her. You are the last thing she needs.' Just as I had expected, his fist threw me to the corner of the bedroom. I touched my lip to see a drop of blood which I'm sure healed up by the time I stood. 
'I'm everything she needs.'
'How are you sure?' I tried to sound confident. This whole thing ticked me off,
'You would know.' He smirked, 'You have been hiding it all these years, haven't you?'
'What do you mean?' He digged in his shirt to pull out a locket. . 
'Tell me who this girl is.' 
'I don't k-' 
'Baek Nana.' He smiled which made me unconfortable. 'The girl is Baek Nana.' 
'So what if it is?' 
'What are you hiding? From me? From Nana? From our galaxy? You know it all. I know you've lied to Nana so many times so she doesn't find out.'
'Jungkook, leave her. She's not yours to keep.' 
'Tell me!' He shouted with a teardrop slowly dropping from his eye. 
'Tell you what?' 
'Don't make me lose my , Byunghun. You know of our past, you know that Nana and I-'
'Your parents...' I shouted cutting his sentence off...'your parents killed Nana's parents.' His face changed. 

'Now tell me, how exactly do you deserve Nana?'