Chapter 6

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I`m sorry for posting short chapters, it`s just that I have a lot of work to do! But here you are, chapter 6! Have a nice time reading!

Chapter 6

“Wakey, wakey.” Sehun opened his eyes, looking up at the ceiling before turning his head to the right where the voice had come from.

“Kris!” Sehun sat up on the bed and was going to throw his arms around Kris, but the latter immediately pushed him back down by the shoulders.

“IV in your arm!” Sehun looked at his arm before a sheepish look crossed his face. Kris huffed as he leaned back in his seat, and only then did Sehun notice that it was only the two of them in the room. “You head almost died out there!” Kris narrowed his eyes as he pursed his lips. Sehun squirmed under his intense glare.

“I didn`t know that a ball would kill me,” Sehun mumbled, eyes trailing off to his hands in his lap. Kris snickered.

“To be honest, I didn`t either, but hey, here you are, alive!” Kris shifted in his chair. “Why did you not pay attention to the ball, by the way? You were looking at the audience. Like, you weren`t looking at me, Sehun, was there a girl? Are you in love?” Sehun chuckled at Kris` strange words before shaking his head. He thought back to why he had looked off to the bleachers, replaying the scene in his head when a familiar face suddenly flashed in his mind. Luhan. Sehun widened his eyes as he shot up on the bed.

“Luhan! It was Luhan! He was there in the audience!” Kris pushed Sehun`s shoulders once more to make him lay down, frowning at him.

“How could Luhan come to the game? He is still in the hospital from what I`ve heard...” Sehun frowned and opened his mouth to speak, but Kris beat him to it. “He lost a huge amount of blood, Sehun, it is physically impossible for him to move around, let alone leave the hospital and come to the match!” Sehun wondered for a second how Kris knew about Luhan, but figured that Jongin might have told him, because it was a vampire attack after all.

“What? But I saw him there, I swear!” Kris sighed and shook his head.

“We`ll talk about this later.” Tao suddenly opened the door and ran in, attacking Kris in a hug.

“Kris hyung! When did you come?!” Kris chuckled as he pulled back from the hug, looking down at Tao who was grinning widely. Sehun remembered that the only reason he knew Kris was because of Tao and Jongin`s friendship with him.

“I just came by, I was at the match as well, but you didn`t notice me. What happened to the scores, by the way?” Tao grinned as he made a victory sign with his hands.

“We won! 3-0! The Busan team lost and went back home already. Oh, and Sehun, the nurse is coming, you`re free to go!” A nurse walked in to the room and removed Sehun`s IV, putting on a band aid as she turned off the machines.

“Wait, isn`t Jongin from Busan?” Tao frowned at Kris before nodding his head. “Then why the hell did he play on your team and let his hometown team lose?”

“I don`t know, man... We can ask him tomorrow at school.” Sehun frowned as he stood up.

“At school? He went home?” Tao nodded as he gave Sehun his clothes.

“He left an hour ago, with Lay, I think. Said that we should drop you off home for him because he had something important to do.” Sehun felt a pang in his heart and bit his lip. Jongin had left him? Kris noticed the look on his face and lightly nudged him.

“Hey, you okay?” Sehun looked at Kris and nodded, weakly smiling.

“Yeah, I`m just tired.” Sehun went off to change his clothes and then exited the hospital with Kris and Tao. “Where are the rest?”

“Suho had to go home because his father had an important meeting and his mother couldn`t take care of his little sister,” Tao said as he entered Kris` car. “Chen left with Baekhyun to help your mother and Minja sort out a few files and as I mentioned earlier, Jongin and Lay left for something important.” Sehun nodded and looked out of the window. His finger gently tapped against the glass and Kris looked over from the driver`s seat. He didn`t know what to say, he didn`t really get the situation, so he just shrugged and turned the radio on to drown the awkward atmosphere.

***

“How are you feeling, son?” Minja smiled as she patted Sehun`s back.

“I`m okay, Minjassi, thank you for asking,” Sehun replied, managing a smile in return. Sehun`s mother entered the living room with a bowl of soup.

“I remember my mother used to give me this when I was sick, it will make you feel better in a matter of minutes.” She placed the bowl in front of Sehun and gave him a spoon and chopsticks. “Eat.” Sehun thanked her and took a spoonful of the soup, enjoying the delicious taste. “Minja, where is Nini?”

“Kindergarten, Lay is bringing her home now,” Minja replied, drinking from her tea. Sehun`s mother drank from her own cup and turned the television on.

“This new serial has started, it`s about a boy who can read thoughts,” Sehun`s mother said, smiling as she found the right channel, the drama`s preview showing. “It`s so amazing, you`ll love it!”

“Oh, it sounds interesting,” Minja said as she curled her knees on the couch, reminding Sehun of a teenager. Sehun drank some more of his soup, not really wanting to eat it all, and stood up.

“I`m tired, mother, I think I`m going to sleep.”

“Good night, son,” Sehun`s mother smiled, and Minja just waved as the drama started, eyes glued to the TV screen. Sehun rinsed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter