chapter 15

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love you guys, don`t forget that. Please comment, vote, subscribe<3

Chapter 15

“Can I speak with him?”

“No.” The reply was short and hard, making the younger boy flinch.

“Why can`t I meet him? He doesn`t need to know what I`ve become!” The boy punched the wall next to him and a big hole was made. Sighing, the older boy stood up and left the room, making the younger one scream in frustration. “He is my best friend! I need to see him!”

“You can`t in this condition. You might just kill him, Luhan.” His reply was once more short and held the dark truth. Luhan frowned as his lower lip jutted out slightly. Sehun was his best friend, he couldn`t lose him. He lost him once, when he died, but now he was back and he would meet him. He had to meet him. But what if he hurt Sehun? What if Luhan managed to attack him? He had been turned three weeks ago, and it was painful to wake up every morning, ears picking up every sound at many, many meters distance, nose picking up the smell of blood running through the veins of humans a few blocks away making him almost lose the control he barely had. He had been trapped in the house for so many days, his turner wouldn`t let him go outside in case he attacked someone. Luhan realized that he wasn`t normal, or alive, actually. He was dead; he was a walking corpse with a constant thirst for blood. A vampire. Luhan felt a tear roll down his face as he realized that he couldn`t meet any of his friends anymore. He couldn`t meet anyone unless he wanted to kill them.

“Why didn`t you let me die!” Luhan waited for a reply, chest heaving up and down as he stared at the closed door to his room. He knew that his turner was right outside; he knew that he had heard him. “Why did you turn me when you knew that I wouldn`t be able handle this?!” The door opened and his turner stepped in, closing the space between them with fast steps.

“Listen here,” he started, warm eyes searching Luhan`s. “I know that this might seem hard, I know that this might seem painful enough that you will want to die. But it will be over, I am here for you. Everything will be fine, Luhan.” He smiled a gentle smile and Luhan felt relief flood through him. He would be okay, his turner promised him. He would be completely fine. He was there for him.

“Thank you,” Luhan whispered and the older one smiled and hugged him.

***

“I can`t believe this!” Sehun threw the console on the couch behind him, walking out of the living room while ignoring a laughing Jongin.

“You`re such a sore loser!”

“I am not!” Sehun huffed and grabbed a bottle of water to cool down, leaning on the counter to get some support. He had been playing FIFA with Jongin and that head had scored 13 goals on him. Sehun , he real bad.  Today was the day of his transfusion after an entire month, and Jongin had offered to drive Sehun to the hospital in Seoul. The clock was 5 in the morning, they had to wake up extra early because of the long drive, and Jongin had the Playstation to stay awake. Lay wanted to join them, but Sehun had told him to go back to sleep and relax. Everyone was sleeping, actually.

“Yah, Sehunah,” Jongin called from the hallway and suddenly appeared by the doorframe. Sehun jumped lightly, still not used to Jongin popping out of places, and Jongin gave him an apologetic smile. “When are we leaving?”

“The session is at 11 o`clock, and the drive is four, almost five hours long. If we start now, we will be there in time.” Jongin nodded slightly as he grabbed an apple from the bowl on the counter.

“Better get some breakfast into my system!” Sehun rolled his eyes as he also grabbed an apple, exiting the kitchen.

“You don`t need breakfast,” Sehun deadpanned and put on his shoes as he bit into the apple. Jongin stopped tying his shoelaces as he glared at Sehun.

“Don`t pull my vampirism into this,” he growled, but the words were muffled by the apple he had bit into. Sehun muffled a laugh as he finished tying his shoes, quickly pulling away his apple as he stood up. Jongin looked like a roasted pig with an apple in his mouth, except he looked a million times more attractive and cute and human even though he wasn`t a human and- Sehun shook his head as his thoughts started wandering off, widening his eyes as he took in the sight before him.

“You`re drooling!” Jongin removed his own apple and stood up, drying at the drool with his sleeve. Sehun widened his eyes as Jongin dashed towards him, jumping off to the side as he opened the front door and ran out. Jongin`s car was waiting next to the door steps and Sehun pulled at the door only to find it locked. Jongin gave a dark chuckle from the house door as he closed it behind him.

“Not so sassy now, are we?” He waltzed down the steps and Sehun wearily stepped back. Jongin stopped a few centimeters in front of Sehun as he bit his lip. Sehun gulped as Jongin slowly raised his arm, the part of his sweatshirt with drool sticking onto.  

“Please,” Sehun whispered, eyes never leaving the arm. Jongin cocked an eyebrow, still biting his lip to not laugh.

“Please what?” Sehun would have punched Jongin in the guts had it been any other moment, but the drool was dangerously close to his face. Sehun pushed away all his pride.

“Please have mercy on my soul!” Jongin couldn`t stop the loud chuckle from escaping his mouth, pulling his sleeve away as Sehun sighed in relief.

“You`re such a wuss!” Jongin continued to laugh as Sehun glared at him.

“Can we go now?” Jongin sobered up and nodded, a smile still on his face. He opened the car door and Sehun slid in, putting on his seatbelt. Jongin didn`t enter the car for a few seconds and Sehun looked out of the window only to find it empty. “Jongin?” Sehun was about to roll down the window when the door to the driver`s side was opened and Jongin slid in.

“I`m back!” Jongin cheered, putting on his belt as he started the car. Sehun frowned as he looked at Jongin. “Oh, I changed my shirt, sorry for taking so long.” Sehun noticed that indeed, Jongin had changed from his sweatshirt into a black sweater that suited him too damn much. Sehun gulped, quickly looking off the side. Jongin the radio and the car was filled with music as they left the street.

**** 

“I don`t care what you say!” Luhan kicked at the locked door, his vampire strength breaking it. He had another one of those seizures where his mind would control his body without thinking. He stepped into the living room and his turner stayed completely still on the couch, used to this by now. Luhan had been discussing with him, asking him again why he couldn`t leave the house and his turner had used the same reason as always. Luhan knew that his turner had a great place in his heart, but so did Sehun and that was all Luhan could think about. Sehun.

“Luhan, sit back down before you hurt yourself,” his turner said, voice smooth and calm. He was reading a book that was placed neatly on his lap, eyes not even caring to look at Luhan. The latter growled and punched the wall next to him.

“I don`t ing care if I hurt myself! I will go and see him today!” Luhan walked up to the front door and ripped it open. He was going to do something he had tried to since the first day he was brought here. But then, he realized that the reason why he was unsuccessful every single time was because of the sun. His skin sizzled as the rays met his face and exposed arms and Luhan howled in pain as his turned quickly pulled him back in.

“This is why you aren`t allowed to leave the house,” the turner calmly said, sinking to the floor together with Luhan who was sprawled in his lap. He gently caressed his cheek as the burnt spots started healing, wiping away the tears that streamed down Luhan`s face.

“I don`t want to live anymore,” Luhan cried weakly, hands clutching onto his turner`s shirt.

“It`s okay, Luhan. Everything is going to be okay.” Luhan hoped that was true.

***

“Shh, don`t make a sound,” Sehun whispered as he hid behind a huge plastic plant. Jongin huffed in return and crouched next to Sehun, ignoring the looks people were giving them. As if he would make a sound, he was a vampire for God`s sake! They were currently in the mall, Sehun insisting on buying bubble tea before they left, and on the way to the store they had noticed two familiar figures babbling loudly. Sehun bit back a laugh as excitement filled him, slowly standing up as he neared the couple. Jongin was biting back his own smile, but this one was because of how adoring Sehun looked. “BOOH!”

“OH MY GAWD!” Just as Sehun expected, Tao jumped five feet in the air and screamed like a girl, alerting everyone in the shop. Baekhyun was also surprised, but his gasp was drowned by Tao`s screech.

“Sehun you !” Baekhyun jumped at Sehun, getting a good lock around his hair. Tao was fuming but the anger subsided as he realized that Sehun was back in town.

“SEHUN!” Tao pushed Baekhyun to the side as he hugged the living days out of Sehun.

“Hey, he just got a transfusion, stop the squeezing,” Jongin yelled as he pulled away from Baekhyun`s hug. Tao gave him a sheepish smile before bro hugging him.

“Wait,” Tao stopped smiling as he narrowed his eyes. “You only came here because of the transfusion, not because of us! How dare you, Sehun?!” Sehun laughed as he lightly punched Tao`s arm.

“I was planning on visiting you after this, but here you are! What a coincidence!”

“Yeah, yeah, now just tell me when you`re leaving?” Sehun looked over at Jongin and raised his eyebrows. Jongin responded with a shrug of his shoulders.

“I guess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter