Chapter 3

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can`t believe people actually read this! I hope you can give me feedback so I can continue this story, and I wrote this chapter really quick because some of you are just too adorable to have waiting! 

Chapter 3

“I swear to God, if you keep on fainting I`ll personally hospitalize you.” Sehun blinked his eyes awake as Jongin pressed a damp towel to his forehead. He tried sitting up, but Jongin pushed his shoulders down. “Your mother has gone out to visit a friend of hers who needed help with packing, Minja, I think, or at least that`s what was written on the fridge.” Sehun nodded weakly and closed his eyes, realizing that he had been off through the entire night.

“When is the transfusion?”

“In two hours, it`s eleven a.m. now,” Jongin replied, removing the towel and drying of Sehun`s forehead with paper. “Do you want to eat now?” Sehun shook his head and sat up on the bed, Jongin immediately helping him. “Sehunah, I`m sorry if I scared you last night, I forgot about your condition and that led to you fainting and I-“

“It`s okay, Jongin, it`s because of the lack of blood, not because you scared me,” Sehun cut him off and grimaced as his entire body weighed him down. He almost fell back, had it not been for Jongin who gently, yes-humanly gently, pushed him against the headboard.

“You`re so weak, Sehun,” Jongin said, his tone worried as he frowned at the latter. “Your skin is so pale and you barely look alive.”

“Wow, thanks for the heads up!” Sehun sarcastically replied, his voice low as he spoke. Jongin sighed and shook his head.

“I think you need to at least eat something.” Jongin disappeared in thin air as he searched for food in the kitchen and Sehun closed his eyes as he waited for the latter to pop out again. But this time he heard Jongin`s steps on the stairs and blinked an eye open. “I brought dried peaches and cereal. Here,” Jongin said, putting the tray on Sehun`s lap as he sat down next to him. Sehun awkwardly thanked him and drank some water from his glass. He had still not forgotten the previous day`s events, and the fact that Jongin was acting so kind and clueless at the moment made Sehun hesitate to ask.

“Jonginah,” Sehun tried, biting his lip as he looked at a worried Jongin.

“Oh?”

“Eh, about yesterday, I-I`m sorry for making you-“

“No, Sehun, I am sorry,” Jongin interrupted, sighing. “I should have told you why I have been gone for so long.” Sehun looked at Jongin expectantly and the latter scowled. “You have to eat if you want me to speak, Sehunah.” Sehun immediately took a bite of the cereal and Jongin felt a smile tugging at his lips. He bit his lip but sighed as he looked at Sehun, realizing that he had to tell the truth. “The reason why I have gone home earlier from school is, and don`t say anything until I`m done; blood.”

“Blood?”

“Hey, I wasn`t done!” Jongin scowled before nodding. “Yeah, blood. I need blood to live, I haven`t had any blood since the night I drank from you and that girl, which is soon two months ago. I can`t survive without blood, Sehun. I need it to live, and the fact that I hadn`t drunk it for a while almost made me lose control and-and drink from you.” The last words were almost like whispers and Sehun frowned at Jongin. He wouldn`t drink from Sehun again, would he? The reason why Jongin was so absent was because he had to control his thirst, which meant that he didn`t want to drink from Sehun.

“But you didn`t drink from me, Jongin,” Sehun said, lightly grasping Jongin`s hand, food long forgotten. Jongin looked up at Sehun, his infamous torn look on his face again. “You managed to control yourself, so I don`t really care, Jongin.”

“But you have to!” Jongin yelled, removing his hand from Sehun`s as he stood up from the bed. “Sehun, what if I do lose control? What if I manage to drink from you and not stop? You can die, Sehun!”

“But I trust you, Jongin!” Sehun also raised his voice, despite the headache forming. He removed the tray from his lap and stood up. “I trust you enough to believe your words Jongin, heck, I even trust you with my life! You won`t harm me, I know that.” Jongin was silent and a vulnerable expression crossed his face for the first time since the day Sehun had met him, and Sehun couldn`t control his hand from reaching out and gently touching Jongin`s cheek. “It`s okay, Jongin.”

“I didn`t feed, Sehun. I can`t drink from humans anymore, I- I just can`t do it.”

“I understand, Jongin. We`ll find a way to fix this, I promise.” Jongin let Sehun caress his cheek as his eyes closed.

“I`m sorry, Sehun, for dragging you into this mess,” Jongin said, his voice barely above a whisper. Sehun slipped his hands downs Jongin`s face and around his neck as he pulled him in for a hug. Jongin immediately sneaked his arms around Sehun`s skinny frame and placed his head on his shoulder.

“It`s okay, Jongin. I don`t really mind.” Jongin lightly chuckled and hugged Sehun tighter. They stood like that for a few seconds before Sehun suddenly felt his knees give in and almost fell, hadn`t it been for Jongin who supported his weight.

“Sehunah! What`s wrong?!” Jongin sat Sehun down on the bed and kneeled before him. He worriedly looked into Sehun`s eyes and held onto his shoulders.

“I-I`m just dizzy,” Sehun mumbled, eyes closing on their own accord. Jongin frowned and bit his lip. Sehun had to be taken to the hospital.

“Come on, Sehun,” Jongin said and turned around. Sehun hesitantly placed his arms around Jongin`s neck as the latter hoisted him up piggy back style.

“W-where a-are we going?” Sehun slurred as Jongin walked down the stairs.

“The hospital, I`m taking you to your session earlier because you might just die,” Jongin grumbled. Sehun nodded lightly before widening his eyes.

“No! You can`t take me there, Jongin!” Jongin halted in his steps at Sehun`s outburst, slowly craning his neck to get a better look at the latter.

“Why? You`ve had this transfusion before, there`s nothing to be scared of, Sehun!”

“No, you don`t get it! You`re a vampire, and there`s gonna be a lot of blood in the hospital!” Jongin blinked in realization, his eyes turning red at the thought of blood. Sehun noticed, but before he had the chance to confirm it, Jongin forcefully closed his eyes and then opened them again back to normal.

“It`s okay, I can hold my thirst for a few more days.” Jongin didn`t wait for Sehun to reply as he walked out of the house and down to an awaiting car.

“You have a car?”

“Yeah, can`t use my vampire speed all the time, you know,” Jongin muttered as he opened the passenger door and dropped Sehun into the seat. Sehun didn`t even have time to sit up straight when Jongin suddenly appeared in the driver`s seat and fixed his seatbelt for him. “But I have to admit; it is quite useful.” Jongin winked at Sehun and the engine. Sehun closed his eyes and leaned his head back.

“How long?”

“Twenty minutes, just relax and we`ll be there soon.” Jongin the radio and as if on cue, a soothing piano started playing. Jongin just hoped it would play the entire ride, he didn`t want Sehun to wake up from his nap.

***

“You don`t have to be here, Jongin,” Sehun said for the hundredth time and Jongin rolled his eyes for the equally amount of time.

“I`m perfectly fine, Sehun, I`m not going anywhere.” Sehun pouted as the anesthetics had started kicking in, closing his eyes as the nurse came to check up on him.

“Everything seems fine, I`ll be back in 10 minutes. Press that button if anything happens.” The nurse walked out of the room, leaving Jongin and Sehun to themselves. Jongin was sitting on a chair that was placed next to Sehun`s bed, watching as the blood was running through the IV attached to Sehun`s arm. His adam apple bobbed as he swallowed, hunger suddenly filling him.

“Jongin,” Sehun mumbled, eyes still closed. Jongin snapped out of his thoughts, blinking away his red eyes. “Why are you so stupid?” Jongin felt a smile tugging at his lips, despite the thirst that was swallowing him whole. Sehun somehow managed to drag him out of that hole, and Jongin was grateful for that. And he felt something else too, but he couldn`t quite name the feeling, so he shrugged it off.

“I`m not stupid, Sehun, you`re the stupid one here, g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter