Chapter 18

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guuuyyyysss, I felt a bit hyper today, so I quickly wrote another chapter!

YOU AND YOUR COMMENTS ARE THE BEST!! <3<3

Chapter 18

“I am so excited!” Sehun grimaced as Taehyung started squealing, Jimin responding with the same deadly sounds. Lay laughed as he sat down next to Sehun and Woohyun rolled his eyes as he placed a hand on his hips.

“You two aren`t joining us.” Jimin and Taehyung looked at him with wide eyes.

“Why? What did we do? Oh, is it about that one tree that you adored much? I didn`t set it on fire, I swear, it was him!”

“What? No! It was you!”

“You did it first!”

“You told me to do it!”

“No, it was-“

“Shut up!” Woohyun used his alpha tone and Jimin and Taehyung immediately bowed their heads, shutting their mouths. “We all know what happens when you two drink, please, remember the last time you got drunk; Jimin passed out on the roof and Taehyung was going to boil his hand.” Sehun widened his eyes as he imagined the entire scenario, Jimin hanging off a roof unconscious while Taehyung boiled his hand in a boiling pot.

“But- but- but I won`t drink much this time, I promise,” Taehyung mumbled with a pout and Jimin did the same, both reminding Sehun of kittens. Woohyun pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

“Fine, but you aren`t allowed to drink, not even one drop!”

“YES!” Sehun ignored the rest of their babbling as he pulled out his lunch and started eating. He still hadn`t spoken to Jongin since they left the restaurant a day earlier, and if he was to be honest: Sehun felt like . He wanted to bang his head against the lockers in the hallway and flush himself in the toilet. Jongin had tried to speak with him after they left the restaurant, but Sehun had given him the cold shoulder, and the look that had crossed Jongin`s face broke Sehun`s heart. He wanted to run up to Jongin, give him a knife and tell him to stab him a few times. What the hell? Sehun shook his head as he snapped out of his scary thoughts.

“Are you going to invite Jongin?” Lay asked and Sehun looked at him with a frown.

“I don`t know if I can; I ignored him yesterday and I am hundred percent sure he doesn`t want to see my face anymore.” Lay frowned back at him.

“That`s not true; you know that Jongin wants to see your face.”

“You don`t understand; he confessed to me when I got my transfusion. We had visited the Jungs and we spoke about the vampire council that wants to find me. Jongin had made it seem like the council was something evil that wanted to hurt me, but it is quite the contrary because they want to keep me safe from the dangers.” Lay frowned deeper.

“How does that have anything to do with him conf-“

“On the way home, he was angry and I asked him what the problem was. He told me that he didn`t want me to be taken away from him. Isn`t that, like, an indirect confession?” Lay slowly nodded. “See! I didn`t know what to do after that, so I ignored him.”

“You ignored him?” Sehun sighed and rubbed eyes.

“I ignored him until Monday when the three of us were home alone. Just like you said, I had something to do which was confessing to Jongin so he didn`t misunderstand the entire situation. I like him a lot, so I gathered all my courage and went to confess and he just left before I had finished talking.” Lay bit his lip, brows furrowing harder.

“I don`t think Jongin meant to do that on purpose. He probably has a valid reason.” Sehun gave Lay a dumbfounded look.

“Are you serious? What he said in the car back in Seoul wasn`t a confession- those were the words of a good friend. I was the one who misunderstood the entire situation, and Jongin didn`t know how to react so he just left in the middle of it. He doesn`t like me back.” Lay put away his fork as he turned in his seat, checking if anyone were listening. Everyone was busy chatting and Lay smiled a relieved smile as he turned back towards Sehun.

“Listen, Sehun: do you ever think about why Jongin has been with you for such a long while? Have you every wondered why a vampire, who can attack you anytime-might I add, has been with you for so long and through so much? He even befriended werewolves and other humans because you are friends with them. Do you really think he would let Woohyun get away with calling him Edward? Jongin has a very bad temper, almost as bad as Woohyun, and the fact that you are still alive with him by your side makes me rethink my position as your guardian.” Sehun bit his lip as he took in Lay`s words, staring down at his fingers that were fiddling in his lap.

“But what if he just cares for me like a friend would?” There was a big possibility that Jongin only thought of Sehun as a friend, or maybe a brother? Lay smiled as he shook his head, dimple prominent.

“Sehun, don`t forget all those moments that you guys have. I have witnessed some of them, yes, and I am a hundred percent sure that many more moments have happened when I haven`t been looking. Don`t forget those, Sehun. And remember to think of Jongin`s feelings as well in this case, not only your own. He might really love you, Sehun. That`s why he still hasn`t left.” Sehun felt his heart start beating faster at the word “love.” What if Jongin did feel something for Sehun? Those moments that the two of them had were convincing Sehun about their relationship. There was definitely something between them. “All you gotta do now is to man up and ask Jongin to accompany you to the bonfire tonight.” Sehun looked at Lay with a hopeful smile and quickly pulled him in for a hug, ignoring the questioning look Hoya and Jin sent them. He was definitely going to ask Jongin once he got home.

***

“He left.” What?

“What do you mean?” Sehun asked his mom, frowning at her. He had just gotten home and called for Jongin, and his mother had popped out of the kitchen with a bowl in her hands.

“I said that he left. He told me he had someone important to meet back in Seoul, so he left two hours ago.” Sehun felt his heart drop as he blinked at his mother.

“When is he getting back?” Sora shrugged as she left for the kitchen. Sehun needed to support himself as he stood in the living room, breathing deeply as he tried to calm down. Jongin hadn`t left him, what the hell? Why was he overreacting so much? Sehun quickly pulled out his phone and dialed Jongin`s number, biting his lip as he waited for the other line to pick up. Lay had gone to pick Nini up, and Sehun`s father was at job, as always. Sehun could hear his mother laughing with Minja about something, quickly leaving the living room and entering his room to get some privacy. “Come on, pick up,” Sehun murmured, eyes pricking slightly. Jongin couldn`t leave now, no; Sehun was going to confess tonight at the bonfire. Sehun frowned as the line went to the voice mail instead. Sehun quickly sent him a message and waited for a reply.

“Sehun, your friend is here!” Sehun heard his mother call from the stairs. He bit his lip as he continued staring at his phone, foot tapping impatiently on the floor. No reply. “Sehun!” Sehun put his phone in his pocket and left for the stairs. Jongin was probably busy at the moment, so Sehun had to wait for him to answer. But what was he busy with?

“Hi, Sehun!” Sehun nodded in return at Woohyun and put on his shoes. He had promised to help him out with something after school, something Woohyun said he couldn`t tell him about before they were at his place. Sehun said goodbye to his mother and entered Woohyun`s car. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” Sehun whispered and stared out of the window to his right. Woohyun shrugged as he started the car and drove off. It was a 30 minute ride before they arrived at a huge warehouse, no people or cars nearby.

“What is this place?” Woohyun grinned as he pulled up next to the grey warehouse.

“This is my hut.” Sehun nodded slowly as he exited the car, following Woohyun towards the old building.

“Are you sure this place is safe?”

“I`ve owned it for ten years now, Sehun,” Woohyun grunted as he pulled open the huge, metal doors. He dusted off his hands as he opened the doors wider and Sehun wearily stepped in. “This used to be my father`s, but when he died it was given to me, as did the alpha title. I`m an only child, that`s why.”

“This place doesn`t look as old on the inside, though,” Sehun commented as he looked around the huge space. There were couches in the corner, a fridge as well as a TV and some stereos. “What do you use it for?” Woohyun shrugged as he looked around.

“I haven`t been here for more than a year, so nothing lately. But I brought you here today because I plan on giving it to you.” Sehun widened his eyes and Woohyun grinned. “Since you were so good with the magic yesterday, I figured you`d need a space to practice.”

“I-I don`t really-“

“No, it`s okay, Sehun!” Woohyun laughed as he pulled at the curtains, letting the sun in. “This place would probably just stay empty for decades, why not use it? You can bring your stuff here and practice and hang around here when you feel like. We can put some charms and traps in here, in case any magical creatures get in, and then we can get information about stuff and what not.” It seemed like a pretty good idea, except from the trapping monsters and all, and Sehun felt himself smiling. “What do you say?”

“I`d love to.”

***

“Make sure to put on a scarf,” Sehun`s mother called from the living room. “It`s gonna be extra cold tonight!”

“I will, mother,” Sehun called back and put on his scarf. Lay smiled at him as he zipped up his jacket.

“Ready?” Sehun nodded, a forced smile placed on his face. Lay saw right through it and grabbed a hold of Sehun`s arm. “Relax, he hasn`t left you for good.” Sehun hoped Jongin hadn`t left for good, he hoped the latter would come back soon. Sehun would make sure to give him a few punches for ditching him once more. Sehun was even going to confess! “Come on!” Lay dragged Sehun out of the house and down to Woohyun`s awaiting car.

“Did you tell him about your gift?” Woohyun asked as Sehun slid into the passenger seat. Lay furrowed his eyebrows from the back, as did Hoya and Sunggyu.

“What gift?” Hoya asked and Sehun turned around to explain about the warehouse Woohyun had given him.

“That`s great!” Lay exclaimed and Sunggyu and Hoya nodded in agreement.

“We barely used that place,” Hoya commented.

“It`s nice of you to give it to Sehun,” Sunggyu remarked.

“Thanks,” Woohyun grinned from the driver`s seat as he pulled up next to a forest. They had been driving for a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter