Chapter 1

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stared wide eyed at the scene before him. The hunched figure was clinging to its prey, the blood out of her neck. Sehun`s mind didn`t function, his feet plastered to the ground in the dark alley. Why did he leave the party so early? Why couldn`t he at least have waited for someone else to join him home? It had all been Luhan`s fault; if he hadn`t started getting so close to Xiumin while Sehun was watching, the latter wouldn`t have run off. Sehun was busy collecting his thoughts when the creature suddenly stood up.

Red eyes were glaring right into Sehun`s brown eyes, the corner of his mouth dripping with equally red liquid. Sehun saw the sharp flash of fangs, heart leaping up to his throat as he blinked. Despite coming back to his senses, Sehun still didn`t move; his mind just wouldn`t function. The creature, a boy not a day older than Sehun, was in front of the latter in a flash and snarled inhumanly. Sehun suddenly felt his knees give in and somehow managed to fall on his . The creature squatted down to Sehun`s level, eyes meeting eyes as he suddenly grinned, bearing his canines. Sehun just stared back at him, his heart beating a mile as he tried to control his heavy breathing.

“Your heart will fall out of your chest if that doesn`t stop,” the creature said, voice smooth and alluring as he lightly pressed a finger to Sehun`s chest. The latter closed his eyes and thought about how much he regretted overreacting over Luhan`s actions, thought about how much he regretted leaving the party only to, most likely, be killed. He knew that he would be killed and he forgave and asked for forgiveness as fast as his mind would allow him to. Sehun suddenly felt his heart beat back to normal, his mind suddenly hazy. He drowsily opened his eyes and heavily blinked up at the guy.

“Wh-what d-did,” the creature cut him off by putting a finger to Sehun`s lips.

“Don`t speak, it will only make the pain worse.” Sehun closed his eyes and wondered what pain the creature had spoken about when a piercing sensation ripped through his throat. Sehun tried to yell, scream-anything but his body just didn`t react. He laid limp on the ground as the monster slowly his blood, a groan ripping through its chest at the flavour of the liquid. Sehun suddenly felt numb, all the pain going away and being replaced with pleasure. Sehun felt great, his body being hit by wave after wave of Euphoria, and his head subconsciously moved to the side for the monster to get a better access. And that was when his mind started working again and his eyes flew open.

Sehun pushed the monster away with all the energy he had, shocking the both of them as he sprang to his feet. He started running off down the alley, wishing for lights to be present and eliminate the darkness surrounding him. He didn`t know why it happened, he didn`t know how it happened but he was suddenly standing outside of his house, pulling his keys out of his pocket and shakily opening the door. The monster had let him go. Sehun knew that it was fast, he knew that it was strong. But it just stood still when Sehun had sprung off, watching the scene before him with amusement. Sehun couldn`t sleep that night, sitting in his living room with the TV on so he wouldn`t think about what had happened. But his mind had other plans for him as it replayed the scene over and over again.

**

“Yah! Oh Sehun!” Sehun grimaced as his friend`s voice rang down the hallway of their high school, quickly turning on his heels and speed walking off in the opposite direction. But Tao had other plans as he leaped at Sehun through the masses of bodies around them, hitting people around him with his long arms and legs. He couldn`t care less; it was their senior year and Sehun had ditched him at the party a day earlier. “How dare you ditch me, you head?! I searched for you all around that place and asked Luhan too, but he said that you had taken off earlier than expected. Did you have a fight with him? Cause if that`s the case, I`ll let it pass this time.” Sehun bit his lip as he stared back at his best friend of four years. He sighed and nodded.

“Something along those lines.” Tao suddenly looked serious and nodded his head in understanding, a shy smile gracing his lips.

“It`s okay, though, everyone fights nowadays... Just like me and Baekhyun, that head, he doesn`t let me speak when we`re watching movies. I can`t just sit and watch without commenting! That`s my thing, you know!” Sehun nodded along and tried to smile but it came out like a grimace and Tao suddenly stopped laughing. “I hope you fix this with Luhan, like seriously, you guys are like a married couple with both being pregnant; both are so hormonal. You know that you like each other, you guys are practically in a relationship, but then you fight and try to make each other jealous and ugh, I give up. I`ve got to get to class, bye.” Tao patted Sehun's shoulder and stalked off down the hallway, disappearing by the corner. Sehun sighed to himself as the school bell rang, slinging his bag on his shoulder and walking off to his history class.

“Welcome, students,” his teacher, Mr. Choi, called and Sehun and the other students did a double take. Their teacher never called them students; he only called them brats and idiots.

“Yep, the rumors are true,” Lay said, nodding his head from his seat next to Sehun. “We`ve got a new student today.” Sehun raised his eyebrows in surprise and looked back up at the front of the class. His teacher was standing there, looking through files and Sehun looked out of the window next to him. He wasn`t seated at the back; there were two occupied rows behind him. Sehun was seated next to one of the big windows in the middle row of the classroom, his eyes trailing off to the huge forest next to their school. There was a football field right next to it and Sehun thought about Luhan who would take him there and play with him. He missed the relationship the two of them had before he confessed, yes, Sehun was the one who confessed. Luhan had also liked Sehun, but he was already in a secret relationship with Xiumin. That ruined everything for the two of them, and they had this weird tension around them all the time. Luhan had promised to break it off with Xiumin, but the party a day earlier proved different.

“We`re having a new student today, so welcome him dearly and watch your tongues,” Mr. Choi spoke, looking sharply at Key when he said the last words. Key rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat, ignoring the pointed look Minho gave him. “Come in, Mr. Kim.” Sehun turned to Lay who had patted his shoulder.

“Do you have an extra pencil? I forgot mine at home...” Sehun nodded, turned around in his seat and rummaged through his bag in search of a pencil.

“Hello, everyone! I`m Kim Jongin, or just call me Kai. I`m from Busan and this is my first day here in Seoul; I hope you can accept me kindly. Thank you.” Sehun remembered the voice and frowned as he grasped the pencil in his bag. He turned back around in his seat and gave the pencil to Lay who smiled back at him, dimple showing. Sehun turned his head towards the teacher and almost fell out of his chair at the sight before him. The monster was standing right there, next to Sehun`s teacher, smiling so brightly the windows reflected it and brought a new light into the classroom.

“I hope you have a good and educative time here, Jonginssi, go and take one of the empty seats.” Jongin nodded and walked off to the back of the classroom, passing by Sehun without even looking at him. Sehun was sweating, his fingers shaking under the table and he tried to control his heart. It was the monster, Sehun was 100% sure that it was him from the night before. But at the same time, a part of his brain was yelling at him for accusing someone who looked so innocent and happy of being a blood monster. What if it was all a dream? What if Sehun had drunk too much and had imagined everything after the party? He couldn`t remember drinking enough to be drunk, but there was a possibility that someone had drugged his drink; it was a senior year party after all. And the wound on his neck had also disappeared, so he didn`t exactly have any proof.

“Hey, you okay?” Lay lightly nudged Sehun`s shoulder and the latter almost jumped out of his seat, whipping his head to side to look at Lay with wide eyes.

“Y-yes, I-I`m okay, thanks,” Sehun stammered, blinking down at the worksheet his teacher had put on his table. Lay didn`t look convinced.

“Are you completely sure, Sehun? Do you need to see the nurse?” Sehun lightly shook his head and threw Lay a weak smile before turning back to his sheet. He grabbed his pencil and tried to write something, only to let it fall back onto the table because of his shaky fingers. Sehun was breathing fast, his head dizzy. He could feel someone`s eyes boring into his back, and he was more than sure that it was Kim Jongin. Sehun suddenly felt numb, just like he had felt a day earlier when Jongin had his blood. But this time the monster wasn`t his blood; this time he was in his classroom with people surrounding him. Sehun felt his eyes roll to the back of his head and fell limp against the floor.

***

“How long has he been here?” Sehun could hear Luhan`s worried voice stirring him out of his sleep. Sehun decided that waking up and meeting him would probably lead to an awkward situation he wouldn`t be able to handle, so he just kept his eyes close and breathed as steady as he could.

“Two hours now, he missed the entire lesson.” Sehun almost gasped when he heard the voice that answered, his heart suddenly beating a frenzy. He could feel cold sweat forming on his forehead, every nerve in his body alert of his presence.

“Damn it. Do you think he`ll wake up anytime soon? What did the nurse say?” Sehun suddenly felt a hand lightly grasping his, cursing in his mind as his own hand lightly flinched. He knew the warmth and the size of the hand; it was Luhan. But a part of him thought that it would be Jongin and Sehun thanked the heavens that it wasn`t him. “He flinched even in his sleep. I must have hurt him a lot.” Sehun would have furrowed his eyebrows hadn`t it been for his act. Luhan sounded so pained, and it somehow pained Sehun to hear that.

“Are you two in a relationship?” Why the hell would a vampire wonder that? Wouldn`t he just want to their blood while he still could without being caught? Sehun prayed that Luhan wouldn`t leave the room; if Sehun was to be left alone with Jongin, a heart attack would kill him before the monster managed to him dry.

“Eh, I don`t really know how to answer that, or maybe no, I guess. No, we`re not.” Sehun felt a pang in his heart, the feeling of disappointment running through his body. He had hoped for Luhan to say yes, to confirm the fact that he felt something for Sehun. But it didn`t happen. Luhan even pulled his hand away from Sehun`s, his light steps heard backing off towards the door. “Thank you, Jonginssi, for bringing him here. Are you gonna stay?” Jongin had brought him there?

“Yeah, the physics teacher is weird, I`d rather just stay here than be in his class.” Luhan chuckled.

“Ditching class already, huh? I guess we should make great friends, Jongin! See you around, and make sure to tell me how he is when he wakes up.” With that the door was opened and then the soft click was heard as it shut. Sehun tried to breathe as calmly as he had done when he was sleeping, heart suddenly beating faster again. Maybe he would go away if Sehun pretended to be asleep?

“I know you`re awake.” This time, Sehun couldn`t stop his eyes from flinging open as Jongin`s voice rang through the room. Sehun shot up on the bed and pushed his back against the wall the bed was placed against. Jongin was smirking, fricking smirking, and Sehun frowned at him.

“Why didn`t you kill me?” Sehun didn`t play around the bushes, he went straight to the topic, despite his heart threatening to burst out of his chest. Jongin suddenly chuckled as if he had won the lottery, and sat down on the bedside, making Sehun pull his knees to his chest.

“I don`t kill people, Sehunah.” The name sounded foreign on his tongue, Sehun had to remind himself that it was his name Jongin had said.

“I saw you k-kill that woman, you even my blood but you let me go when I ran off,” Sehun argued, his heart hammering in his chest. Sehun didn`t know where he had gotten all the courage to speak from, but he thanked the heavens for that. At least he could die with pride.

“What woman?” Jongin looked genuinely curious and Sehun stared at him with an incredulous look.

“That woman that you dry! I saw you, Jongin! I felt it too! You bit and drank from me too, it all happened yesterday, how can you possibly forget!” Jongin cocked his head to the side before grinning, the action scaring but somehow calming Sehun. Jongin felt like an old childhood friend; Sehun felt safe and sound around him, but at the same time he felt like a sheep surrounded by a pack of wolves.

“I think you drank too much at that party, Sehunah. It was probably because of Luhan.”

“Stop calling me that! And don`t you try to change the subject because- wait a minute, how did you know that I was at a party yesterday?” Jongin suddenly leaned closer and Sehun felt a headache forming because of how hard he was pressing his body to the wall.

“Why is your heart beating so fast, Sehun?” A cold hand gently pressed against Sehun`s chest and the latter widened his eyes as he stared at Jongin. He was smiling lightly as he looked at his hand on Sehun`s uniform, eyes glittering. That was when Sehun noticed his eyes; they were as brown as his own, no traces of red present in those dark orbs. For a minute, Sehun looked at Jongin as if he was a new student, a normal human who had just moved to the city and just randomly knew about the party Sehun had been to. And just knew about how fast his heart would beat without hearing it. And just drank blood from- Oh my God.

Sehun pushed him away and scrambled off the bed. He all but ran out of the room and once more, on his run down the hallway(this time with students around), Sehun wondered why on earth Jongin had looked at him with amusement and let him run off without catching him. Sehun was actually annoyed at the fact that Jongin thought of him as some kind of a play toy, scaring him when he wanted to and then letting him run off only to find him again and then scare him. Sehun hoped that Jongin wouldn`t continue that quite literally scary pattern, letting out a deep breath as he opened the door to his science class.

“Finally, Mr. Oh, we thought you had died or something.”

***

“Yah, Sehunah, what`s wrong with you?” Sehun looked up from his food, blinking at Baekhyun. The latter was frowning at him, his chopsticks still in his rice as he waited for Sehun to reply.

“Nothing, just tired,” Sehun tried, quickly putting some rice into his mouth to refrain from speaking. Baekhyun didn`t look convinced at all, Sehun did notice after glancing up from the food he was forcing into his system. Tao was busy chatting with Lay and Chen was showing Suho something on his phone, so no one else noticed the tense Sehun.

“Fine,” Baekhyun muttered and finally took a bite of his rice, turning over to Tao who immediately started speaking to him. Sehun felt a pang of jealousy at the sight before him, envying his two friends for ending up together despite everyone`s predicaments. Sehun could hear Lay speaking from his right, Tao answering his questions from across the table with Baekhyun practically draped over him. Suho was sitting on Lay`s right, Chen sitting next to him with his phone in his hands and a huge grin present at Suho`s horrified reactions. Sehun took another bite of his rice when he suddenly felt an arm brush his. Sehun looked at the person who sat down right next to him and quickly averted his gaze. Luhan.

“Hey, guys!” Luhan beamed at the group and they all smiled back with greetings. He started eating his food, making loud eating sounds. Sehun realized that he used to do that to annoy Sehun before he confessed, before they became so tense around each other. Sehun suddenly didn`t like the thought of Luhan acting so close to him, he suddenly felt annoyed at Luhan. “What`s up, Hunnie?” Sehun almost choked on his rice when Luhan said his nickname, his heart welling up at the thought of their now broken relationship. Sehun put his chopsticks down on his tray and stood up.

“Nothing, I`m done eating. See you later, guys.” Sehun started to walk off, leaving the table all confused when he five steps later felt someone tug at his arm. Luhan was staring at him with worry in his eyes and Sehun cursed his heart for beating faster.

“Hunnie, can we please talk this out? I know that our relationship right now, but I will do anything to fix it.” And that was when Sehun realized that Luhan was free now. Luhan had broken it off with Xiumin, hence the latter being absent from their usual table, and he was now coming back for Sehun. If it had been any other time, Sehun would have gladly accepted the offer but Sehun suddenly stepped back, brows frowning. His pride was acting up.

“No, Luhan. There is nothing to fix. Good Bye.” Sehun walked off, realizing that he had finally ended the tense relationship between them. He realized that he finally let go of Luhan, even though he knew that he would be eating ice cream for the rest of the week, and that he had finally decided something in their ex-relationship. Sehun felt his mouth twist into a smirk of victory, despite the knot forming in his throat, and emptied his tray.

He left the crowded cafeteria and entered the hallways. Stopping by his locker to get his books for the next period, Sehun suddenly remembered that he had left his jacket in the nurse`s room. With his books in hand and bag on his shoulder, Sehun ran off to the nurse`s office before the bell rang. Sehun entered the office, walking off to the end of the room to get his coat off the rag and then leave. The next lesson was math and Sehun groaned. He hated math so much, but he had to go. Lay was sitting on his seat as usual, and Sehun smiled lightly as he slid down next to him. Somehow, after the break up, Sehun felt a weight lift off his chest and could finally smile again. What did Luhan do to him?

“Two hours with math and then we`re free,” Lay muttered, pulling out his books. Sehun sighed and closed his eyes only to open them up again. Jongin was absent.

***

“Yes, mother, yes, yes, no, okay,” Sehun mumbled into the phone, gazing out of the window in his room. His mother and father had left for a wedding and Sehun was left home alone. It was 6 p.m. and the sky was turning dark outside. Sehun`s mother had been asking him to check up on different things; the stove, the water in the bathroom, lights being on and such. Sehun just mumbled back his answers and closed his window.

“Okay then, I have to leave now, we`ll be home around 11, don`t wait up and sleep. Good bye, Sehun.”

“Bye, mother,” Sehun replied and hung up. He sighed and walked up to his working table, slumping down in his seat as he gazed at the work before him. He was halfway finished but he just couldn`t find the energy or motivation to continue. Sehun groaned and leaned his head back. “Why do we have so much homework?”

“Maybe because we need to learn?” Sehun jumped in his seat and was on his feet in a matter of seconds, staring wide eyed at the person before him. Jongin was smiling wickedly as he cocked his head to the side.

“How did you get in here?” Sehun asked, his voice surprisingly collected and calm. Jongin shrugged and plopped down on Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter