Chapter 4

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys, did you read chapter 3? Because it looks like AFF didn`t update it...? 

Chapter 4

“No, Jongin, please not now,” Sehun pleaded, planting his feet hard on the ground. Jongin was grinning as he used his human strength, which was still much more than Sehun`s, to push the latter towards the awaiting house which belonged to none other than the Jung family.

“Oh, no, you`re not getting out of this one, Sehun!” Jongin chuckled as Sehun wailed with his arms, trying to hit Jongin`s face but failing miserably. “You were the one who wanted to visit them, Sehunah! I`m just granting your wish like the good friend I am!”

“You`re no good friend when you`re leading me to the, possibly, most embarrassing moment of my life!” Sehun argued, straightening his body to turn around and glare at Jongin. The latter was grinning at him while wriggling his eyebrows and Sehun couldn`t help a chuckle from leaving his mouth. But he quickly glared at Jongin. “I don`t want to go in there, Jongin.”

“Why?!” Jongin threw his hands up. “He didn`t acknowledge you in the library, so it means that he chose to ignore you, now you can have a brand new start!” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Yah, I helped you with finding blood!”

“No, you just accompanied me to the butchers and I was the one who stole it!”

“Yeah, because you`re the one with the vampire speed, not me! I could`ve been caught!”

“Don`t you dare bring my vampirism into this! You know that`s not fair!”

“Oh, I`ll tell you what`s not fair; dragging your best friend into a deadly awkward situation! Yes, you heard me! I said deadly!” Jongin narrowed his eyes at Sehun before a smile slowly spread on his face. Sehun frowned and stepped back. “What?”

“Welcome, welcome!” Sehun jumped as he heard the loud commotion from the house two meters away from them, staring wide eyed at the man who was standing there with arms spread open.

“Yunho!” Jongin ran up the few steps to the door and hugged the guy, Yunho, as the two of them chuckled.

“Long time no see, huh?” Yunho grinned and pulled back. “Is that the infamous Oh Sehun?” Sehun would`ve have scoffed hadn`t it been for how alert his senses were, slowly nodding from where he stood.

“Come up here, Sehunnie!” Sehun awkwardly walked up the steps, noticing how Jongin was grinning at him. Yunho immediately pulled him in for a hug, and Sehun tried not to scream because of how sudden it was, awkwardly patting Yunho`s back. “I bet Daehyun is dying to meet you!” Yunho pulled back and grinned at Sehun before dragging him into the house. “Grandma! Sehun is here!” Sehun heard someone running down the steps, and he prayed in his mind that it wasn`t the grandma because grandmas were not supposed to run down steps given their ages.

“Sehun is here?!” A head of dark locks jumped into Sehun`s sight and Sehun immediately recognized the boy, Daehyun. “I am Daehyun, we have P.E together!” Sehun thanked the heavens for Daehyun not mentioning their first meeting as he held out his hand, only to be pulled in for a hug. “We are the Jungs, we don`t do handshakes!” Sehun patted Daehyun`s back and waited for the latter to step back from the hug.

“Is it Sehun?” Sehun heard a female voice ask from behind him and turned around. It was the same girl from the library, the one who had helped Daehyun. “Hello, I am Krystal, nice to meet you.” She held out her hand and Sehun immediately looked at Daehyun with a raised eyebrow, because the Jungs didn`t do handshakes, right? Daehyun grinned and wriggled his eyebrows.

“She likes you, Sehun,” he said and Krystal immediately dashed forward and pulled Daehyun in for a headlock.

“How dare you! I don`t lik-“

“Oh, please,” Daehyun cut her off as she straddled him on the floor, still grinning while wriggling his eyebrows. “She has even been researching about your blood, reading tons and tons of books to find out why this handsome Sehun is so wanted by-“

“What the hell is going on here?” Sehun gratefully turned away from the scene to look at the old woman walking down the stairs. His blush was removed when she smiled at him and came down the stairs without anyone`s help and with a slight bounce. “Oh Sehun, finally,” she said as she stood before him, dragging him in for a bear hug. Sehun suddenly felt warm, happy even. The Jungs were all so, so warm and kind- Sehun didn`t mind being around them anymore.

“Hello, Mrs. Jung,” Sehun said as he pulled away from the hug and bowed his head. Mrs. Jung laughed and patted his head.

“Call me grandma, son,” she said as she smiled up at Sehun. Grandma had wrinkles on her face, a thin body accompanying her around but she seemed strong. Sehun smiled lightly and nodded his head. “So, now that we have finally met, let`s have a long chat, no?” Sehun was dragged into the living room and sat down on the couch next to grandma and Daehyun. On the couch across from them sat a very uncomfortable Krystal and Yunho, along with a smug Jongin.

“You might have found out about vampires and witches now, huh?” Yunho asked Sehun from across the coffee table. The latter nodded. “Well, Jongin has probably told you that a lot more creatures exist, some we can`t even see but feel.” Sehun wearily nodded again and blinked. Grandma put a hand on Sehun`s thigh and laughed.

“Bring the boy something to eat first, he looks so thin!” There was a call of “coming” from the kitchen and a woman, or maybe younger, came in with a tray full of snacks and juices. Sehun wondered how she was carrying something so heavy, but then he saw that her hands weren`t even touching the tray.

“I`m Jessica, the second oldest of the Jungs!” She smiled at Sehun as she put the tray on the table and sat down on a chair next to Yunho. “How are you, Sehun?” Sehun nervously scratched his neck and blinked.

“I`m fine, Jessicassi, thank you.”

“Just call me Jessica, I feel less old,” she winked and Sehun nodded stiffly. “So, what`re we talking about?”

“A brief summary of everything Sehunnie needs to know to survive,” Daehyun said as he reached over to the coffee table and grabbed a twix bar. He started munching on it next to Sehun and threw an arm around the latter`s shoulders. “Don`t you think it to not know about stuff that could kill you any second? I was like that too, a few years ago before grandma came back.”

“Mother and father wanted us to live a normal life, but I and Yunho knew about it all,” Jessica said as she sipped her glass of juice. “They ended up dying because of the creatures they oh so desperately wanted to avoid.” Sehun widened his eyes.

“I`m sorry to-“

“It`s okay,” Yunho cut Sehun off with a smile. “We didn`t really have a good relationship with them, so we just left them behind us as an old, fading memory.” Sehun noticed the hurt look that passed Krystal`s face and the silence that settled in the room. Jongin was also quiet, because he knew of it all from before.

“So grandma heard and came to help us,” Daehyun broke the silence from beside Sehun. “She taught us everything and we`ve lived here with her ever since.” Sehun nodded at Daehyun and looked at the floor. They had experienced a lot of hardships, he noted.

“Now, back to the subject!” Grandma clapped her hands as she grinned. Sehun could see how beautiful she was, still with the wrinkles. “You don`t need to go into the details, just know the basics and if you ever wonder about something call any of us and we will gladly help!”

“Thank you,” Sehun said and smiled at grandma. He looked over at Jongin and the latter smiled back at Sehun, warming his heart in an odd way.  

“Oh, can I start?” Daehyun eagerly called, standing up and pushing the coffee table away from between the couches. Krystal rolled her eyes as she pulled her knees up onto the couch, mumbling something to Jongin who chuckled. Daehyun noticed and glared at them. “Don`t you dare spread rumors about me, Jung Krystal, or else you will be going to school with a tail.” Krystal stuck her tongue out and Daehyun made a victory sign. “Now, let me begin.”

“There he goes again,” Jessica muttered as she also pulled her feet off the floor. Yunho did the same and Sehun noticed how Jongin and grandma also did it. He slowly raised his own feet and worriedly looked at Jongin who mouthed a “you`ve gotta see this!”

“Rule number one,” Daehyun started loudly, circling in the middle. He locked eyes with Sehun and grinned. “Never piss off a witch or wizard.” Before Sehun could even nod, Daehyun yelled a spell and sizzling sounds were heard from the floor, a millions of tiny, but long snakes sliding on the floor. Sehun almost yelled but clam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter