Chapter 29

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is a new update!! Just because I love you!!

oh, and I am currently working on the one-shot! Wait a bit more!!

Chapter 29

“Mr. Oh, we hope you recovered well from you operation,” Sehun`s science teacher, Mr. Choi, said as he entered the classroom, a pitiful expression on his face. Some of the girls in the classroom nodded with pitying looks, pouting at Sehun from their seats. Sehun frowned, looking over at Woohyun who shrugged with a grin.

“Ah, yes, I have, I guess, thank you,” Sehun awkwardly replied, scratching the back of his neck as the entire class had their attention on him.

“I hope your, you know what, is okay now, I bet your parents would want you to produce some grandchildren,” Mr. Choi continued seriously, and Sehun felt his cheeks fire up as Jongin and Woohyun snickered from beside him. Lay shook his head with a disapproving look and turned his attention back to his work sheet, and Sehun managed to reply with a squeak. “Very well then, class, turn to page 394.”

***

“YOU DID WHAT?!” Sehun was angrily glaring at Woohyun, ignoring the pitying looks from his fellow classmates passing by their lockers. Woohyun grinned as he raised his hands in defense.

“What? You disappeared and the first thing that I thought of was an operation and since I hate cucumbers and I was mad at you at that moment, I said that it had to do with your little cucumber,” Woohyun defended and Sehun looked away in horror as Woohyun said the word “cucumber” louder than the rest of his sentence. Jongin was laughing loudly next to him and Hoya and Jin were talking with Lay, books present as they discussed the chapter they had started.

“I can`t believe I am friends with you,” Sehun muttered, pushing past them as he walked off to the cafeteria and Jongin ran up to catch up with him as Woohyun doubled over in laughter next to their lockers. Sehun glared at Jongin as the latter held onto his hand, ripping it out of his grasp. “Go away!”

“What? I wasn`t the one who said that you had problems with peeing!” Sehun groaned and stopped walking, letting a few students pass them.

“But you were there and didn`t stop Woohyun from saying it!”

“He had already said it! And if I had denied it, the teachers would probably think that we were making stuff up and call your parents!” Sehun huffed in annoyance and Jongin offered him a tiny smile.

“I hate you,” Sehun muttered and Jongin threw an arm around the latter`s shoulders, pulling him into the cafeteria.

“You don`t,” Jongin replied, and Sehun didn`t say anything else because he didn`t hate Jongin. He didn`t hate him at all. They sat down on the seats next to their usual table, pulling out their lunch.

“I can`t join you home today,” Sehun said, munching on his sandwich. Jongin frowned, swallowing a bite of his own sandwich.

“Why? Are you going somewhere? Are you going to meet someone?” Jongin couldn`t stop the thoughts of Sehun possibly meeting Luhan, or worse, his turner, from attacking his mind. Sehun frowned lightly, putting away his sandwich as he lightly grabbed Jongin`s hand, interlocking their fingers.

“Jongin, I will not let anything happen to me, I have drawn the rune on my arm again, and a few more as well, I read about them yesterday and so I drew some on my arms, and yours as well,” Sehun stopped there to let Jongin pull up his sleeve and frown at his arm.

“How did you manage to-“

“You sleep like a stone,” Sehun deadpanned, giving Jongin a scrunch of his nose and Jongin narrowed his eyes playfully. “And I have learned a few spells that can help in different situations, so I will make sure nothing happens to me, I promise.” Jongin frowned.

“How the hell can you learn spells in one night?” Sehun shrugged, taking a bite of his sandwich.

“I couldn`t sleep so I started reading The Book.”

“Why couldn`t you sleep? Was it because of the nightmare?” Sehun shook his head.

“I just couldn`t sleep.” Sehun finished his sandwich and drank some water from his bottle. Jongin put away his sandwich, frowning at Sehun.

“What are you doing after school today?” Sehun bit his lip.

“I am gonna search for a job,” he replied, putting away his bottle. Woohyun and the guys entered the cafeteria, laughing loudly as they found their seats around the table. Jongin turned so he was facing Sehun.

“I heard your conversation with your mother, Sehun,” Jongin started, biting his lip as he took in Sehun`s worried expression. “I heard about your father and his other family. I think it was really bad of him to ditch you guys like that.” Sehun nodded, eyes trailing to his lap as he played with his fingers, and Jongin gently slipped his fingers through Sehun`s, giving them a light squeeze. “It`s okay, Sehun, this kind of happens to a lot of people. My own mother had died of cancer, so living with one parent isn`t hard. You have to remember that you are not alone, even though you sometimes feel like that, and your mother isn`t alone either. You two live for each other, and you two support each other. And remember that I am here too.” Sehun felt his throat constricting and nodded, eyes glazing over. He was still slightly curious as to why none of the boys around the table had noticed their little conversation.

“Thank you, Jongin,” Sehun whispered, and the latter smiled and turned in his seat, grabbing his sandwich with one hand while the other hand kept holding Sehun`s.

“What are we doing today?” Woohyun asked, slurping his noodles loudly. Jin suddenly brightened up and raised a hand.

“Oh, I know! We can go to the warehouse and try out new spells!” Woohyun nodded, smiling in Sehun`s direction.

“Doesn`t seem like a bad idea to me,” Woohyun grinned but Sehun frowned.

“I-uh, I can`t today, I`ve got something to do.” Woohyun frowned.

“What are you going to do today?” Lay also perked up slightly. It wasn`t usual that Sehun, or any of the boys, did something that the rest didn`t know of.

“I am gonna search for a job.” Lay frowned at Sehun.

“We have exams this entire week, Sehun, how can you search for a job now?” Sehun suddenly widened his eyes, realizing that Lay was right, they had three exams coming this week because there were only two weeks left of school.

“I-I didn`t think about that,” Sehun mumbled, and Jongin gave his fingers a light squeeze.

“We can wait with the job until next week, let`s just focus on the exams for now, okay?” Jongin said, smiling at Sehun. The latter nodded slowly, smiling in return.

“Let`s just do that.” Jongin grinned and finished his sandwich. He put away the bag and gave Woohyun a pointed glare.

“There will be no fun this week, guys, so don`t even try to convince him into going out,” Jongin threatened, making sure to linger his glare on Woohyun. Woohyun sighed and nodded.

“I need to study too, so I ain`t going out this week,” Woohyun muttered, and Jin, Hoya and Sunggyu nodded with frowns.

“We`ve all got to study,” Lay announced and everyone groaned because there was a lot to work with. Lunch break ended and they left for their next class.

***

“Do you know when mother is coming home?” Lay shook his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter