Chapter 17

Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT OVER 150 PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING MY !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME SO HAPPY AND PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT BECAUSE I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS.

omg i sound like a possessed ex-girlfriend

Chapter 17

“What`s up?” Sehun quickly stood up and left the living room. Jongin frowned as he looked at Lay, and the latter sighed as he turned his attention back to the football match. “What`s wrong? Why did he leave?”

“I don`t know,” Lay muttered, shrugging as he continued watching the match on the TV. He knew that Sehun had confessed to Jongin three days earlier, but he didn`t know how it went. Sehun had kept his distance away from everyone at home, coming down for dinners when necessary and then leaving up to lock himself in his room. Sora had tried to ask her son why he was acting that way, and he would reply with “exams are coming soon, gotta be prepared.” Lay didn`t know what had happened between Sehun and Jongin, but he was sure that something went wrong. Jongin slid down next to Lay on the couch and crossed his arms.

“Did Woohyun do something?” Lay shook his head. “Did you do something?” Lay sighed as he turned the television off.

“What about asking yourself, Jongin. Have you done something to make him upset?” Sehun was upset? Why? Jongin thought about it for a few seconds, realizing that it might have been because he had avoided Sehun after the confession. Yes, Jongin did confess to Sehun that day after leaving the Jungs. Sehun had become very quiet after the confession and Jongin realized with a heavy heart that Sehun didn`t feel the same way. But wait a second, what was Sehun going to tell Jongin on Monday night? He had come to Jongin`s room after the latter had showered and said something about confessing the truth, but Jongin hadn`t paid much attention because of the vampire outside the house. Jongin had caught his scent when Sehun had started talking, and he realized that the vampire was his friend. Jongin had excused himself and searched for him, following him into a forest when- “Jongin?” Jongin snapped out of his thoughts as he looked at Lay with raised eyebrows.

“Oh, I-I think it might be because I ignored him,” Jongin muttered, running a hand through his hair. Lay frowned, not completely sure if that was the real reason but shrugged as he turned the TV back on.

“If I were you, I`d go and fix this right now,” Lay murmured softly, giving Jongin an encouraging smile before turning back to the TV screen, watching the reruns of a cooking show. Jongin nodded to himself as he slowly stood up. He needed to fix this mess with Sehun. Jongin knew that Sehun didn`t like him the same way, and he knew that it hurt a lot but he didn`t want to pressure Sehun into something he didn`t want. Jongin`s heart clenched painfully as he entered the kitchen and locked eyes with Sehun, but Sehun immediately left for the hallway and Jongin frowned as his heart dropped completely. He didn`t like the fact that Sehun ignored him, he missed his laugh and stammering and complaining and his voice in general, and he hadn`t even properly seen the latter`s face in more than three days.

“Sehunah,” Jongin called and followed the latter into the hallway, but he didn`t get time to stop him as Sehun opened the front door and left. Jongin frowned as he stared at the closed door before him, and Lay quickly showed up in the hallway as well, frowning at the door.

“You really need to fix this,” Lay said, and Jongin bit his lip as he nodded.

***

“Why does he have to be so damn rude!” Sehun kicked at the branch next to him, wincing as his toe throbbed from the impact. He sat down on the big tree stub to his right, crossing his arms as he glared at the trees in front of him. He had avoided Jongin for three days after he had confessed, angry at himself for making their relationship so damn awkward, but sad at the same time because Jongin had turned him down. “I am such a fool.” Sehun picked at the leaves on the bushes next to him, admiring the small forest he was currently in. He didn`t know where he had gone, but he knew that this forest was right next to the park a few blocks away from his house. His phone suddenly vibrated and Sehun pulled it out of his jacked pocket, frowning at the name displayed. Jongin. He quickly pressed the busy button and put his phone away, ignoring the second time it started vibrating. And the third. And the fourth. It continued vibrating and Sehun pulled it out with an angry huff, turning it completely off. “Don`t call me when you turned me down, you jerk!”

“Sehun?” Sehun yelped as he jumped to his feet, widening his eyes at the intruder.

“Kyungsoo, what-what are you doing here?” The latter had a book in his hands and slowly smiled at Sehun.

“I came here to read; I usually do that when I feel pressured and what with the exams right around the corner I really need some air. What about you?” Sehun sighed as he sat back down on the tree stub, shrugging his shoulders as he pointed at the space next to him. Kyungsoo sat down on the mentioned spot and opened his book. “Are you feeling pressured?”

“I guess so,” Sehun muttered, and then realized that Kyungsoo wasn`t close enough of a friend to encounter all the time, so spilling some secrets to him would not lead to any awkward confrontations. Sehun sighed. “I was turned down.”

“Ouch,” Kyungsoo muttered, closing his book as he turned to get a better look at Sehun. The latter nodded and bit his lip.

“I thought that confessing would maybe fix our strange relationship, but it didn`t help at all...”

“How did she turn you down?”

“It`s a he,” Sehun muttered, a light blush fanning his cheeks. Kyungsoo didn`t react the way Sehun expected.

“Oh, well, how did he turn you down?” Sehun inwardly smiled at Kyungsoo`s carefreeness.

“He left in the middle of the confession.” Kyungsoo widened his eyes as he gasped lightly.

“That`s so rude!” Sehun nodded, an angry expression planting itself on his face.

“I know! I had barely started my rant and he excused himself and left me there!” Kyungsoo rubbed Sehun`s back, giving him an apologetic look.

“He sounds like a douche,” Kyungsoo muttered, scrunching his nose in distaste. Sehun frowned as he realized that he didn`t think of Jongin as a douche. Not at all. Kyungsoo noticed. “You like him a lot, don`t you?” Sehun hung his head low as he nodded. “Does he also like you?”

“I don`t know,” Sehun groaned and rubbed his eyes. Kyungsoo bit his lip.

“Why don`t you ask him?” Sehun`s head shot up with a horrified look.

“What? No! I can`t even look at him without wanting to break down!”

“Don`t tell me you`ve been ignoring him, Sehun,” Kyungsoo pleaded and Sehun sheepishly looked down at his hands, lower lip jutting out slightly. Kyungsoo groaned. “Sehun, that is exactly what you can`t do! You are supposed to speak with him and be with him just like you used to before confessing, and then everything would go back to normal, or he would probably realize that he actually liked you back.”

“How possible is that?” Sehun bitterly asked and Kyungsoo gave him a glare.

“Vey possible, Sehun. You have to keep faith and have hope; if it`s written that you`ll end up together, then you will.” Sehun thought about Lay`s words on the day when he moved, remembering what he had said about Jongin and Sehun ending up together and that it was all written in his story. Lay had mentioned that many other people would also be in his story and that Luhan would also appear- wait a second! Luhan! Sehun immediately pulled out his phone and turned it on, waiting for the display to show up. “Are you going to call him?” Kyungsoo asked and Sehun then realized that he wasn`t alone.

“Oh, no, not him, I`m gonna call another friend of mine.”

“Oh.” Kyungsoo opened his book and started reading and Sehun dialed Tao`s number.

“Hello?”

“Tao, I forget to ask you, how is Luhan? What happened to him? Is he okay or is he still in a coma?” Sehun mentally shot himself for not thinking about Luhan for such a long while, biting his lip as he waited for the reply. Tao was silent for a few seconds before clearing his throat.

“Didn`t Lay tell you? He said that he told you a few weeks ago.” Sehun frowned.

“No, no one has told me anything! Tao, tell me quickly.”

“Sehunah, I don`t know if I should tell you this, I-“

“Tao, please, it is important to me,” Sehun cut off, mind being filled with scary thoughts. What if something really bad had happened to Luhan? What if he- no, no he couldn`t be. Tao was silent for a few seconds before he softly replied.

“Luhan died Sehun. He died over a month ago.” Sehun in a sharp breath, legs acting on their own as he stood up. Kyungsoo looked up questioningly.

“He-he w-what?” Sehun felt his heart shatter at the information, mouth drying up as he stared off into the forest.

“I am so sorry, Sehun, the doctors said that his heart stopped beating completely and he died. They buried him here in Seoul, so if you ever feel like visiting his grave, I will be with you. I am so-” Sehun didn`t hear the rest of Tao`s words as his phone slipped out of his grip, and he fell to his knees. Sehun`s chest burned and his eyes watered as he frowned at the ground beneath him. Kyungsoo was next to him in a second.

“Sehun, what`s wrong?” Luhan was dead. He was gone. Sehun remembered Luhan when he had come to Sehun as a ghost; he remembered the fact that he had forgiven Luhan for all the pain he had put him through. Sehun wanted Luhan back as a friend, and he had waited for Luhan to wake up from the coma so he could accept him back. But he was gone now. “Sehun!” Sehun felt a hand patting on his back, realizing that he had been making strangling sounds as his breath was caught in his throat. He dragged in deep breaths as Kyungsoo patted his back, lungs filling up with oxygen. Sehun suddenly let out a sob, tears escaping his eyes as Kyungsoo pulled him in for a warm and comfortable hug. “Shh, it`s okay.” They sat like that for a good 15 minutes, Sehun crying his heart out as Kyungsoo offered all the comfort he had. Sehun felt weak, his body limp in Kyungsoo`s arms.

“Your shirt is wet,” Sehun mumbled, sobering up as he pulled away from Kyungsoo to sit back on the tree stub, eyes bloodshot and nose red. Kyungsoo chuckled lightly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter