Not my uncle?

In love with my Uncle?

Your point of view

I was really curious to see where Uncle was going. So I followed him. Yeah, I know it was stalkerish but how else could I have known what he was up to?

He went in his car and luckily there was a cab. I got in and said, "Follow that car!" just like in those car chasing movies. I always wanted to do that. I secretly smiled to myself.

The cab arrived at a cafe. It was the Shining Star cafe that I went with AJ sometimes. I secretly headed in and saw Jaejoong greeting an ahjumma.

"Hey Omma." He hugged her. I sat near Jaejoong but he didn't notice me. I ordered a strawberry smoothie.

"Jaejoong, my son. How have you been?" The lady said.

"Pretty good. How about you?"

"Better now that you're here."

I realized that he looked sorta like that ahjumma. They had the same eyes and face shape. I then remembered what happened after I met Jaejoong.

Hi. I'm you. What's your name?" you asked the boy.

"you, this is your uncle. Call him Uncle Jaejoong okay?" Sunhee said to you.

you looked at the boy in confusion. "Nice to meet you Uncle!"

"I want my mommy!!!" Jaejoong cried.

"Jaejoong. This is your mommy now." Your mom said to him, pointing at your grandma. 

I zoned out being really shocked at what I remembered. *Why didn't I realize before? That he's not my uncle?*

I decided to go home and ask the truth from my family. I couldn't believe they were hiding this from me. Were they scared I would fall for him or something?

When I came home, Grandma and Grandpa were gone. Some of my aunts were gone also, including Aunt Sookjin.

So with Omma, Auntie Mikyung, and Auntie Sunhee, I went straight to the point and said, "Jaejoong's not my real uncle, is he?"

They looked surprised as they stopped what they were doing.

"What are you talking about, sweetie? You must have-" I interrupted my aunt.

"Don't give me that crap. Jaejoong went to see his real Omma today."

"Honey, we were planning to tell you, but we didn't know how and when was the right time. Jaejoong just found out himself last week. So please don't give him a hard time. We told him not to tell you. He was adopted when he was 5. You were 3 so you might have not remembered meeting him." Omma claimed.

"Why? Did you think I would fall for him? Is it that bad if I do?" I asked.

"We just thought it would be better if you treated him like your uncle since that's how you guys grew up." Auntie Mikyung replied.

"Whatever. I just started to like him as an Uncle and now I find out he was never my uncle to begin with." I sighed and said. "I'll talk to you guys later."

*Why do I not feel pissed about the fact that's he's not my uncle anymore though?* I was really confused. I couldn't tell what I was feeling. Was it joy? Or was I neutral about it?

I decided to call AJ and talk to him about this.

--------------

AJ's point of view

I was doing my homework when you called me.

Me: Yobosaeyo?

you : It's me. I have something surprising to tell you.

Me: What is it?

you : I found out Jaejoong's not my uncle!

* I was right then?* I couldn't help but feel jealous though.

Me: Wow, that's surprising.

We continued to talk some more until I realized it was getting late and I still didn't finish my homework.

Me: you, I gotta go finish the calculus homework. I'll see you tomorrow.

you : I should start the homework too. Bye.

-------------------------

Narrator 

The next day was Friday. You were walking to school when you noticed another girl with the group. You then realized who they were. *It's 4minute! The girl group Beast told me about!*

You introduced yourself to her.

"I'm Gayoon. Nice to meet you."

"You guys should have told me you were 4minute." You told them.

They gasped and lowered their heads in shame. "We're sorry. We thought you didn't know who 4minute was." Jihyun said.

"Well, Beast told me." you said.

"You personally know Beast?" Jiyoon questioned.

"Yeah. Kikwang's my best friend."

You noticed Sohyun looking sad, so you stated, "I don't like him. Just as a friend."

"Well, let's go! We'll be late!" Hyuna exclaimed. I walked with them to the gates.

----------------------------

Jaejoong's point of view

"you found out already? Did you guys tell her or something?" I asked, pretty appalled at how fast she found out.

"Well, when you yelled, 'I'm going to see my Omma,' you was downstairs talking to Omma and she was like 'But I'm talking to her right now.' She saw you heading outside so she followed you to find out." Sunhee stated. "We didn't realize it until it was too late."

*Wow how dumb of me.*

"Hey, ummmm would it be alright if I liked her?" I decided to ask nonchalantly. Keeping it inside all bottled up wouldn't do any justice so I told her parents.

They looked at me, dumbfounded. "I like your daughter."