Omma

In love with my Uncle?

Your point of view

I called Omma and said that I was done with helping my friend. My aunts were done with shopping. I could see their husbands carrying bags and bags of clothes. I felt sorry for them. We went back home and I noticed that Uncle Jaejoong wasn't here.

"Hey Oppa, where's Uncle Jaejoong?" I asked Changmin.

He shrugged and said, "I saw him with your mom and aunts talking outside. But when they went back inside, Jaejoong was gone."

"I'll go ask my mom then." I went to where Omma was and asked where he went.

"He had something to do. He'll be back later." Omma said. She looked like she was hiding something though. I thought I must have imagined it so I asked her something else.

"Omma, when are we gonna visit Grandpa and Grandma?"

"Your aunts wants to see them tomorrow." Omma replied. "You can go with them if you want."

"Don't you want to go?" I questioned.

"I do, but I'll be busy tomorrow. Your dad and I have to go to a meeting."

"Oh okay." I said, trying not to be disappointed. My parents were pretty busy most of the week, with their jobs and all. *Oh well. I got Aunties with me.*

-----------

Jaejoong's point of view

I called the number on the card and listened to the beep sound.

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Hello? Is this Oh Seyoung?"

"Neh, who is this?"

"This is Jaejoong." The other line was completely silent. Then I heard her voice again.

"Is this really Jaejoong?" I could hear her beginning to sob.

"Is it alright if we meet?"

"Yes, of course."

"Okay, I'll wait for you at Shining Star Cafe then."

"Okay. I'll meet you soon."

I hung up and went to the cafe, I waited for about 10 minutes before I saw her.

She was a short woman with black hair and eyes that were like mine. I couldn't believe it. She was my Omma.

"Jaejoong-ah!" She hugged me and cried. I hugged her back, getting teary-eyed myself. We eventually released each other and sat down.

"I can''t believe it's really you. After 20 years, I finally found you. I'm so sorry. I should have found you earlier."

"It's okay. But could you just tell me what made you put me up for adoption?" I wondered.

"Well, it started out like this. Your father and I had divorced and he gave up custody for you, so I got to keep you. But then life got difficult for me. I lost my job and fell into a depression. I didn't want you to suffer so I gave you up. I wanted you to have a better life.Then my father had brain cancer, so there were many medical bills. We also had many debts to pay off so I didn't have time to take care of you. But now, everything's okay. Just to let you know your real name is Han Jaejoon but it's okay if you don't use it."

I took all this information in and thought about it. "Okay. Well why did you find me now?"

"I had wanted to see how you were doing. When I found out you became a singer, I was so shocked at how much you have grown. You made me so proud."

"Thanks... But is it okay to keep in contact?" I wanted to know more about her.

"Sure! Just wait until you meet your sister."

"I have a sister?"

"Yep. She's your half sister though. You also have a stepbrother."

*A brother! Finally!*

"Okay, I would like to meet them soon."

"Sure. Well, I have to go. This is probably my happiest day ever. I finally found you." She smiled at me.

"You know, you're like a teenager." I said while looking at her.

"Really? I'm 50 and you're calling me a teenager?" She giggled.

I just grinned at her and said bye. "Hope to talk to you again soon, Omma!"