Cupid

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae and Sungmin were busy running around the cafe while Donghae sat in his usual corner where Hyukjae left him. He was assigned a task to help the store get ready for a special event they're hosting for tomorrow. The shop was decorated in red and pink colors while he was stuck on the table doing arts and crafts. Donghae sighed for the eigth time that day as he continued to cut heart-shaped confetti for the banner that Sungmin wanted to put up in front of the store. 

After the incident in Junsu and Changmin's house, Eunhyuk and Donghae's relationship seemed to have finally settled down. It took some energy manipulating on Changmin's part, but Eunhyuk's mind seemed to have eased and accepted the fact that he is in fact harboring a fallen angel in his home. As bizarre as it may seem, after finding out that his best friends were somehow related to the supernatural entities that (quite literally) crashed into his life, Eunhyuk figured that it was just part of his fate to deal with it. 

"Donghae, are you done?"

"Yeah," Donghae blew out an exasperated sigh as he cut out the final heart from the pink construction paper in his hand. "I still don't understand why you this is a big deal."

"It's a big deal because it's one of our busiest days and that means I get to earn more money," Eunhyuk explained for the third time to him. 

"But it's cupid! Every angel knows cupid is just an annoying and bratty child."

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at him as he gathered up the hearts off the table. Donghae crossed his arms against his chest as he still felt annoyed at the fact that humans have dedicated a holiday to heaven's spoiled cherubs. 

"I told you already, we didn't dedicate it to him!" Eunhyuk said hearing Donghae's grumblings in his head. "Stop thinking so much nonsense. It's annoying!"

Donghae didn't bother to say anything anymore and remained seated in his chair. He would never let anyone else know but he's secretly happy about something and it's bothering him that something so small could bring such joy in his heart. Donghae frowned and tried to think of a reason why Eunhyuk getting used to their bond was bringing happiness in his heart. He could feel a tingle in his chest and, although the feeling was a good one, he didn't like it. His mind had reasoned it was the humanity settling in him and he did not like that one bit. He really shouldn't..and yet, Donghae could not fully bring himself to feel what he thinks he should be feeling.

Being a human angel was more complicated than he thought. It all seemed to make sense before when he had control of his emotions. His one greatest strength is now becoming his weakness and Donghae doesn't know what to do. He doesn't know how to fix it, or if there is even anything to fix. 

Eunhyuk was wiping down one of the tables when he sensed something off. He paused what he was doing and looked back at Donghae. Physically, the latter seemed to appear alright. He had his usual stoic expression and other than the fact that his eyes and chest were moving, Donghae remained sitting still like Eunhyuk had asked him to. He frowned and walked towards Donghae. 

"What's wrong?"

Donghae saw it coming and yet, it still caught him off guard. 

"Yah," Hyukjae called when Donghae didn't answer him. "Are you ok? Are you sick?"

"N-No, I'm not." Donghae gulped and tried to control his emotions. Eunhyuk was able to sense Donghae's burden. 

"What are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything," Donghae bit his bottom lip as he hoped Eunhyuk wouldn't be able to see through his lie.However, they didn't need to be bonded for Eunhyuk to be able to see through him. He's always been a terrible liar. 

"Donghae, I can tell-"

"Donghae!?!"

Eunhyuk was cut off by a little teenager who had ran up towards Donghae. He was surprised since other than Donghae's brothers, Eunhyuk was sure that the latter did not interact with anyone else. Looking at Donghae's expression however, and tapping into their bond, Eunhyuk could tell that Donghae had mixed emotions about the kid as well. Mostly happy but also a strong hint of anxiousness. 

"Taemin-ah, how're you doing?"

"Donghae hyung, I'm so glad I met you! I've been so scared wandering around the human realm and so are the other angels."

"Wait. You know where the other angels are?"

"I've met a few here and there. Minho, Jongin and I are staying together but we meet up with the others every week. We're all trying to figure out how to get back to heaven but the portal door has remained close."

Donghae was relieved to hear that more of his angel brethren were nearby. Heechul and Leeteuk's return were taking longer than they thought so he's sure that Taemin's presence and the others would be great relief to Heechul and Leeteuk. They can start collecting their army and prepare against the growing strength of the demons. 

"I'm glad to know you've been doing well, Taemin-ah."

Eunhyuk watched the interaction between Taemin and Donghae with slight curiousity. He pouted a little because even though he and Donghae's relationship were still a little rocky, he had hoped that latter would have the decency to at least introduce him to his friend. He looked towards Sungmin and saw that the latter had settled himself in his office preparing the day's paperwork and probably sending another email to his vocal couch about extending his turn-in date for their final theory, so he decided to take it upon himself to make his own introduction. 

Eunhyuk walked a step closer and loudly cleared his throat to catch their attention. Taemin paused midway what he was saying and turned towards him and so did Donghae. 

"Uh...Hi!" Eunhyuk awkwardly introduce. He looked at Donghae and judging by the tilt of his head, Eunhyuk surmised that he was asking him through his eyes what the hell he was doing. He just let out one of his charming gentle smiles and extended a hand out to Taemin. "I'm Eunhyuk."

"Oh! Hello!" Taemin happily greeted back as he ignored Eunhyuk's hand and pulled him in for a hug. "I'm Taemin!"

Eunhyuk chuckled lightly as he pulled away from him slowly. "Are-Are you also...a um.." Eunhyuk felt weird saying it out loud but he figured part of getting used to his situation is to say things out loud. "An angel?"

Taemin didn't mind the cautious tone at all and nodded his head happily. "Mmm! I guess you would know me more as cupid though."

Donghae felt himself flush as Eunhyuk's eyes widened in astonishment. "Uh...wh-what?"

"Well, you know, I work year round as cupid not just on Valentine's day but it's nice to get recognition every once in a while." Taemin beamed at him but as soon as he got a closer look in Eunhyuk's eyes he was able to peer briefly into his soul and let out a loud gasp. "Oh my heavens!"

Eunhyuk was immediately alarmed seeing the change in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter