I Choose You

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: There is some switch between "Eunhyuk" and "Hyukjae" but that's on purpose because on earth he is referred to as Eunhyuk by his friends but now that he knows his full true identity, the angels and especially Donghae would be calling him Hyukjae. 

Eunhyuk was sweeping the outside of Sungmin's cafe as they closed up for the day. It has been quite some time since the battle happened and about six months since he was brought back to life. He looked inside and saw Sungmin happily counting the register. He couldn't help but sigh and look up to the sky as he thought of Ryeowook and Yesung. Sungmin no longer remembers them or any of the other angel or guardians that he's met previously. 

Yesung made sure that Sungmin's memory was wiped clean. Ryeowook had manipulated his memory and made it so instead of remembering the torture he experienced in hell, he now thinks that he just had a really hectic study schedule and had failed one of the vocal lessons in school. Yunho and Kangin were back to being just his friend and peers from school rather than the Trackers he came to know them to be. Hyukjae has visited them a few times, trying to find out if they've heard any news from the other angels but Yunho has informed him that according to Jaejoong, they still haven't gotten around to dealing with Donghae. 

Donghae. Eunhyuk has been worried about him ever since he woke up from his slumber. The last thing he remembers was Donghae sacrificing himself to turn into a demon and right before he lost consciousness was how Siwon held him back and the latter screaming his name as Sora plunged the knife into him. 

Sora... Eunhyuk was now also an orphan. Sungmin's memories of his family has been changed so that Eunhyuk's history with his family was that they died in a car crash when he was just an infant. No family left for him Sungmin had adopted Eunhyuk as his little brother. Sungmin has been overprotective of Eunhyuk ever since his new memory has been implanted but Eunhyuk doesn't mind. It gives him a reason to protect Sungmin as well just in case any other unwanted beings were still lurking around them. 

"Hyukkie! Are you done sweeping outside?"

"Ah, neh, hyung," Eunhyuk answered and walked inside the store with Sungmin. "Are you all done with today's book?"

"Yeah, but I haven't organized the back yet. I still have to write down the slips and the bank deposit for tomorrow."

"I'll do the back, hyung. Just finish your paperwork so we can both go home together."

Sungmin smiled at him gratefully. "Thank you, Hyuk-ah! You're the best!"

Eunhyuk giggled when Sungmin gave him two thumbs up then headed out to the back to organize the empty crates and do light inventory. He stacked up all the crates and grabbed a paper to tally down their store ingredients for the following day. His concentration was only broken when he heard the front door ding. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. We're closed for the day," Sungmin said. 

"I'm here to see Eunhyuk."

Eunhyuk frowned hearing his name and momentarily put down his notes and went to check on who came to visit him. He hurried his steps when he heard a loud a crash and somebody screaming in paing. Once he reached Sungmin, his eyes widened immediately for the sight before him was something he was not expecting. Sungmin had the person slammed on one of the tables already with his arms twisted behind his back. 

"Hyung! What are you doing!?"

"I'm not gonna let anyone bully Eunhyuk!" Sungmin said twisting the arm a little tighter forcing the person to grunt in pain again. 

"Yah! I haven't done anything to him."

"Yeah, cause I won't let you." Sungmin looked up at Eunhyuk and showed him a reassuring smile when he saw him looking frantic. "Don't worry, Hyukkie. I got this."

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Eunhyuk walked up to Sungmin and placed a hand on his shoulders while checking if the person on the table is okay. "Why are you attacking him?"

"You gotta attack gangsters first before they get you. That's how you catch them and scare them away."

"What?!" The person Sungmin was holding on the table yelled. "Aish- Yah! I'm not a gangster!"

Sungmin simply scoffed at him. "Yeah, that's what they all say."

"Hyung, really." Eunhyuk assured while trying to get Sungmin to let up on him a little. "He's not a gangster...he's..um...my...he's my-"

"I'm his cousin." Kyuhyun supplied effectively catching both Eunhyuk and Sungmin by surprise. 

"Cousin?" Hyukjae and Sungmin repeated together but then Sungmin was confused as to why Eunhyuk would be confused so Eunhyuk repeated what he said with a laugh and a more convincing tone. 

"I mean, yes!  He is my cousin...hahahaha...Ky-Kyuhyunnie is my cousin." Eunhyuk's sheepish laugh wasn't close to being convincing at all. Kyuhyun had to roll his eyes at him and stop himself from shaking his head. Sungmin, although still doubtful, slowly released Kyuhyun and took two steps back to analyze if Kyuhyun and Hyukjae really were cousins. 

"I didn't know you had any family left, Hyuk." Sungmin said still a little skeptical of Kyuhyun. "Where did you come from?"

"I just came from Italy. My parents were Eunhyuk's parent's cousins so we're not that closely related." Kyuhyun explained while rolling his shoulders still a little sore from Sungmin's unnecessary use of force against him. "I mean, just by looking at our face you can tell I got the better genes."

"Yah!" Eunhyuk hit Kyuhyun over the head and crossed his arms at his snide remark. 

"Right," Sungmin wanted to say something else but he had a strange feeling at the pit of his stomach the longer he looked at Kyuhyun. "I'm sorry but...have we met before?"

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were both surprised at Sungmin's inquiry. Kyuhyun in particular was astounded that despite the magic that Yesung and Ryeowook has inputted in Sungmin's mind, he could still sense Kyuhyun in him. Somehow, that put a warm fuzzy feeling in Kyuhyun as well. Not that he'd ever admit to it. 

"Sungmin hyung, I think you should finish your paperwork." Eunhyuk interjected just to break the weird staring contest the two of them were having. "I'm all done in the back so I'll just catch up with...my cousin out here and wait for you."

"Oh, uh, um. Okay," Sungmin grabbed his notebook and a few receipts off the table and headed inside his office. He paused for a moment and took a second look at Kyuhyun who simply looked back at him with a wide grin. Sungmin cleared his throat and decided to shake off the deja vu he was feeling as he entered his office. Shutting the door close behind him to give himself the privacy to sort out his thoughts. 

Eunhyuk was watching Kyuhyun with great interest when he saw how his eyes followed Sungmin and the way it lingered longer than necessary. He had to clear his throat quite exaggeratedly to capture his attention away from the door. 

"Are you really here for me or for Sungmin hyung?"

Kyuhyun scowled at Eunhyuk's implication and crossed his arms with a scoff. "Don't be an idiot, Hyukjae."

The latter had to laugh already catching Kyuhyun red-handed. "You're such a terrible liar."

"Well, duh." Kyuhyun tried to cover his embarrassment with his sarcasm. "Angels can't lie. Lying's a sin."

Eunhyuk muffled his laugh since he's never seen Kyuhyun be so bashful before. "Well, angels aren't supposed to mingle with humans either, so why are you here?"

Kyuhyun kept frowning at Eunhyuk's teasing. "I didn't want to but Heechul hyung said he'd use Heekyung against me."

"Heekyung?" Eunhyuk remembered their daughter fondly. "How is the little angel?"

"Oh you mean the spawn of satan?"

Eunhyuk hit Kyuhyun over the head one more time. "Don't call her that. If it wasn't for her none of us would be here right now." He scolded even though he knows Kyuhyun meant no harm in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter