It's You

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Sungmin disappeared, Hyukjae didn't know what to do. He couldn't help but blame himself for Sungmin getting involved in this mess. Kangin knew what was going on in Hyukjae's mind but he couldn't interfere. He no longer had control of what would happen and had to let things be for now. Heechul on the other hand was a mess shouting every curse word he could think of while Hankyung simply held him in his arms. 

"Those bastards!" Heechul gritted out but the way his body shook told Hankyung how much he actually feared for Heekyung's safety. 

"We need to move,"  Leeteuk announced; trying to gather some sense of control in their situation. "They're obviously ahead of us and we can't afford to be any more behind than we are."

"What do you suggest we do?" Ryeowook asked. 

"We follow the book," Leeteuk pointed. He looked at Junsu and Changmin who were slowly regaining their sense back. "I'm sorry but I think you'll be stuck with us for a little bit more."

Junsu merely nodded his head while giving a weak smile. The demon that posessed Sungmin had an incredible power but he was pretty sure that while he was writing on the floor, he grabbed some of his as well. Changmin was just coming out of his daze as well with Kibum on his side helping him go steady. Yunho opened the door and Heechul was the first one out closely followed by Hankyung, Leeteuk and Kangin. 

Jaejoong rubbed Kibum's back and signaled for him to follow them out. Hyukjae was about to go after Jaejoong as well when the latter stopped him. 

"No." Jaejoong stopped then looked behind Hyukjae to let him know that Donghae was watching them closely. "Not yet. You two need to talk."

Hyukjae looked back before slowly nodding his head in understanding. As soon as the rest of them were out of the room, Yunho sent him one last supportive smile before shutting the door and giving him and Donghae some privacy. 

It was quiet in the room as neither Donghae nor Hyukjae wanted to break. There was nothing more Donghae wanted to do other than hold Hyukjae in his arms again but he couldn't. Their bond wouldn't let him. Hyukjae was keeping him at bay and he couldn't understand why because he could also feel that Hyukjae wanted him. 

:"You shouldn't have done it." Hyukjae said breaking Donghae's thoughts. Donghae kept silent not mentioning and Hyukjae thought he needed to clarify himself further. "The bond endagers you, Donghae. It wasn't worth it."

"Do you think I did that on purpose?" Donghae asked a little hurt at Hyukjae's accusation. "I didn't even know you were- you when I did that."

"Then why?" Hyukjae couldn't understand as he tried to think of a reason that Donghae would do something so stupid. "I don't understand this, Donghae."

Like a knife hitting their hearts, the bond gripped at both of them and not in a good way. 

"I...I was desperate," Donghae managed to say as he felt his breath start to shallow. "I-I was lost and I needed to find t-the others..."

Hyukjae noticed the change in Donghae's behavior and even though he was curious he didn't say anything. Donghae sniffed and tried to regain his composure. He swallowed the lump he was feeling down and looked at Hyukjae. It's been so long and he needed Hyukjae. 

"Hyukjae, they took you away from me."

The sudden anger in Donghae's voice caught Hyukjae off guard. He tried to use their bond to figure out what's going on in Donghae's head but he was getting blocked out. There was nothing but a wall but he could feel something's changed.

"Donghae, they didn't do that," he reminded hoping it would calm him down a little. "I chose to leave, remember?"

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed as he tried to remember the last time he spoke to Hyukjae. His head throbbed the more he thought about it. Hyukjae looked at him worriedly and upon seeing Donghae stumble back, hands over his head, Hyukjae immediately went to his aid and held Donghae's arms to help keep him steady. 

"Donghae? Donghae, what's going on?" Hyukjae asked urgently - eyes wide with worry. "Donghae, tell me."

Donghae looked at Hyukjae and feeling his hands on his skin, he suddenly vulnerable. Without thinking about it, he grabbed Hyukjae's hands and looked at him wide-eyed, worrying Hyukjae even more.

"D-Did you really leave me, Hyuk?" Donghae asked shakily. "N-No. You...You wouldn't do that."

Hyukjae felt his heart break a little and looked down. He couldn't bare to look at Donghae but then he felt it again. That grip inside him that got him all worried. 

"Hyukkie, I-I can't..." Donghae choked as he suddenly brought Hyukjae in his arms. The latter, completely startled, wasn't sure what was happening. His hands shook as he slowly hugged Donghae back. "Don't leave me again."

"Dong-Donghae, l-listen to me," he tried to pull away but Donghae wouldn't let him go. "This isn't you."

*flashback*

"Why don't you think about us for once?!" Donghae shouted angrily and Hyukjae couldn't bare to see it.

He kept his gaze down on the floor as he tried to explain to Donghae why he was doing this. "I can't doom all of creation for us."

Donghae couldn't accept his reason and held Hyukjae's hand as an attempt to make him stay. "You can't leave me," Donghae whispered pleadingly. Hyukjae didn't say anything but did shift his gaze from the floor to Donghae's hands over his. "Please," Donghae slowly brought his hands and raised Hyukjae's head so that they're both looking into each other's eyes. "Please, don't leave me."

Hyukjae felt himself waver as tears brimmed in his eyes. He almost caved as his heart squeezed at the thought of never seeing Donghae again, but he knew this was something bigger than them. He had to do this in order to protect Donghae.

"I'm sorry, Hae."

Donghae's eyes widened as the feeling of betrayal washed over him. Hyukjae disappeared before him and he tried to sense where he went but feeling nothing, he could only guess that he probably already went to Youngwoon's enclave. He tried to follow him there but something was blocking him and after several failed attempts, he screamed and fell on the floor. 

"Hyukjae!"

*end of flashback*

Hyukjae held Donghae's face as he looked at him intently with worry. His eyes searched his, looking for any sign that Donghae was still there, and as though he was snapped back from reality, Donghae's pupils contracted as he refocused his gaze on Hyukjae. 

"Hyukjae?" Donghae whispered hanging his head down. "W-What's happening to me?"

Not saying another word, Hyukjae quickly brought him in his arms and held him close. He looked at the calendar and suddenly realized that it's been nearing the 90 day mark. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter