Surprise

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone gathered around the study as they tackled each dilemma one question at a time. Heechul, Hankyung, and Leeteuk occupied the right couch while Donghae sat on the adjacent long couch with Eunhyuk's head lying on his lap. His fingers gently ghosting over Eunhyuk's hair as the latter remained unconscious from Yesung's touch. Yunho was standing next to Jaejoong while his eyes remained on Kangin. Kyuhyun was next to Jaejoong with Kibum, Changmin, and Junsu scattered near around them. Kangin leaned against the shelf trying his best to look nonchalant but he knew he had a lot of explaining to do, specially to Yunho. Yesung and Ryeowook stood side-by-side as they occupied the remaining space open to complete the circle. The atmostphere was tense from all the betrayals, lies, and impending doom that they didn't know where to start, so, Leeteuk took the initiative to begin their discusion. 

"Jongwoon-"

"Yesung." The latter corrected which earned him another elbow from Ryeowook. Leeteuk narrowed his eyes but corrected himself anyway. 

"Yesung, Would you care to explain yourself."

It's been several millenia since Yesung and Ryeowook left heaven without telling anyone. Leeteuk took it particularly hard since he's taken Ryeowook under his wing and was the one that assigned the young soldier in Jongwoon-no- Yesung's care. He didn't know the two were fated until after the latter reached maturity and by then, the two had already been working for centuries. He was really proud of himself until the two disappeared. 

"You know why, Jungsu." Yesung answered not knowing that the latter had also created his own alternate persona on earth. "You were making Fateds disappear. I had to make a choice and I chose Ryeowook." He held his fated's hand tight against his and although Ryeowook does not regret his decision to leave, he does regret not telling Jungsu about it. 

Leeteuk shifted his gaze to Ryeowook and saw that look in his eyes. The look that tells him whenever he's sorry and asking for forgiveness. It saddens him because he understands. Even though he never found his own fated, despite being an elder angel, he understands that giving up your fated was a big thing to ask. He sighed then immediately plastered a smile on his face. Another thing that he's been really good at - making his dongsaengs feel better whenever they needed him to. 

"I'm not upset, Wook," Leeteuk said looking at the younger angel. "I'm glad to know you've been doing well." Then shifted his gaze to Yesung before continuing, "I just thought you trusted me enough to tell me before running away."

"I'm sorry, hyung," Ryeowook meekly responded. "We did trust you but we couldn't risk you knowing and being labeled a co-conspirator. The high council would've punished you until you gave us up and I knew you wouldn't betray us like that." Ryewook sounded desperate as he explained himself to Leeteuk. 

The chaos of splitting the realms and closing their doors on each other was a messy ordeal. Angels were turning into robots expected to follow orders with no questions asked and even if you ask there was no one there to give an answer. Those who refused to follow were either punished to fall or erased. The amorem that helped Hankyung escaped was one of their prime example. 

"Youngwoon," Heechul called effectively gathering everyone's attention. "Now's the perfect time for you to explain yourself."

Kangin slightly glared at Heechul but then his gaze fell on Leeteuk and suddenly, he was once again filled with guilt. He took a deep breathe and slowly released it then pushed himself off the shelf and took a step closer to the group. 

"Before you say anything," Kangin started pointing at Yunho, "I just want everyone here to know that I never lied." Kangin's made sure to look at everyone in the room before explaining. "I am a Tracker. I'm still your cousin," again pointing at Yunho, "but I'm also a reincarnate."

"What does that mean?" Yunho asked a little irked that Kangin has been hiding something this big from him their entire life. 

"It means that, technically speaking, when I say my 'lineage' dates back to Ithereal, what I actually mean is that," Kangin paused for a few seconds thinking if there was another way he could put it which only made Heechul roll his eyes. "-that I am Ithereal."

Yunho's brows crossed as his brain tried to process what his Kangin just said while the other angels in the room looked at him like he was a life form from another planet (which was not far from the truth). 

"Wait a second," Kyuhyun intervened -- looking at Kangin skeptically. "Are you- Are you telling me that you're the Youngwoon. The one who creates fates of all beings and forms?"

"Was." Kangin emphasized. "I was that but now I'm just...this," Kangin pointed at himself referring to his human form. 

"You gave up being an angel to be a human on purpose?!" Kyuhyun asked as though that was the dumbest thing any person could ever do in their lifetime. 

"Look," Kangin addressed almost defensively. "My choice to leave heaven has nothing to do about wanting to be human. That part just sort-of happened, and in case you haven't noticed, you brat," Kyuhyun snickered at the nickname, "I'm not a full fledged human so shut your mouth unless you want me to do it for you."

"Kangin!" Leeteuk scolded. The latter looked at Leeteuk's disapproving look and backed off a little which only made Kyuhyun smirk and stick his tongue out in victory.

"This has been a nice family reunion and all," Junsu suddenly piped, "but I'm pretty sure you can all catch up once we figure out how to not doom us all."

Changmin laughed lightheartedly at his brothers flair to be dramatic but nevertheless agreed. Junsu pulled out the book from his bag and placed it on the table in the middle of the room. Everyone watched as he put his hand over the cover of the book and with a few flick of his fingers, the book grew twice its size and flipped along the pages only to land somewhere in the middle. They all watched carefully as the page lit up then, just like his previous magic, the symbols floated up in the air like lanterns for all of them to see. 

Donghae observed the signs but kept his hand over Eunhyuk's still sleeping form. Heechul looked the most worried while most of those around them remained indifferent with their expressions. 

"Those that fall shall rise given the chance of that who sacrifice," Kyuhyun read out loud. "Is this Lucifer's revenge?"

"No," Heechul quickly denied. "It's not."

Donghae then felt Eunhyuk stir below him and his attention quickly shifted from the prophecy to the latter. He gave him a helping hand as Eunhyuk moved upright to a sitting position - hand over his head as though he was having the worst hangover in the world. A couple more seconds later and he froze. He slowly put his hand down as he turned his head to the right and saw his friends looking at him then to the right where Donghae's worried face met him up close. 

"How are you feeling?" Donghae asked. 

Eunhyuk didn't say anything but shifted his eyes to Yesung and Ryeowook who was only giving him a knowing look. 

"You bastard," Eunhyuk said. 

Yesung could only chuckled at the endearment while putting his arms around Ryeowook's shoulders. "How are you doing, Hyuk?"

"I can't believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter