Closer (Part 2)

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kangin and Leeteuk stood by the gate and watched the car drive away until it was out of sight. However, they weren't really paying attention to where the car went but rather more so on the direction it took. Kangin noticed Leeteuk trembling and decided that it was time for the both of them to enter back in the house. 

"Let's go inside. It's starting to get cold."

Leeteuk allowed Kangin to pull him inside but he couldn't shake off the fear he had for his dongsaengs. "I don't think it was a good idea to send them away."

"They'll be alright," Kangin comforted. "If not for how you trained them Sungmin is one hell of a martial artist and Eunhyuk...well," Kangin pondered a little longer as to how he could sell Eunhyuk to the fallen angel. "Well, let's just say, as long as he and Donghae are together then there's nothing to worry about."

Leeteuk stared at Kangin with furrowed eyebrows. "You know?" Kangin nodded his head. Leeteuk sighed and shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe he told you."

"Well, Donghae-ssi didn't really tell me anything. He didn't have to."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you already know I'm a Tracker but I guess you should also learn my lineage." Kangin sat Leeteuk down first before taking the seat across from him. "You see, the angel that mixed in with my human ancestor, well, I guess you would know him by the name Ithereal."

Leeteuk widened his eyes upon hearing the name. That' can't be. Kangin already expected the reaction but it still bothered him. No one outside of his family believes the story that Ithereal, the angel of Fate and devoted follower of what is and what will be, could ever stray off and interact with a human. 

"A lot of things that most don't understand - Angels, Humans, and Demons alike - is that Ithereal didn't just know what an individual's fate will be, he created it." Kangin looked on the floor as he remembered the story his parents told him when he was a child. "That was Ithereal's gift to humans. He gave us the same power he had," Kangin shared. "He gave us free will and to make our own path to do with what we please and the angels punished him for that."

Leeteuk was surprised at Kangin's words. He's heard of Ithereal's betrayal before but this was not the story he was told. "He didn't stray to be with a human, he just wanted to share his gift." Kangin looked up and saw the uncomprehensible look on Leeteuk's face and so, in order to break the silence falling upon them, he let out an extremely loud and exaggerated laugh that further confused Leeteuk. "At least that's what my parents told me. Dude's been gone for more than a million years, I wouldn't really know him like that."

Leeteuk furrowed his eyebrows as he didn't fall for Kangin's feigned ignorance. "You have his ability to see the thread of fate. You know what will happen."

"I'm no psychic or nothing like that," Kangin tried to argue but Leeteuk knew better.

"You're his descent. You are an angel of fate."

"Hell, no," Kangin blurted before he could stop himself. "I mean, you know, no offense or anything but me? An angel? A lot of things would have to go wrong before that could happen."

Leeteuk frowned at him but didn't pursue the subject. He looked out the window and a sign of relief was shown on his face that Kangin was able to quickly notice.

"You don't have to worry, you know, you're safe here." Upon seeing Leeteuk's face Kangin motioned towards the carefully placed pictures of their parents around the room for the latter to observe. "Our home is warded. No demons can step in here unless one of these photos fall."

Leeteuk observed each frama carefully and finally realized that it's not just the placement that's been planned but there was also symbols etched on each frame that could be easily missed by an unobservant eye. He heaved a small sign of relief before his mind went back to where his dongsaengs were. 

"I don't know if you can say the same for them."

*********SJ*********SJ*********

Kangin's driver tried very hard to ignore and focus on the road. He had one task and being Kangin and Yunho's chauffer since they were kids, he was no stranger to bickering and loud noises when traveling. However, he ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter