Shadows

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk sat next to Kangin at the breakfast table across Yunho and Jaejoong. Their cooks had made them a simple meal of eggs and rice with a variety of fruits available at the table. However, Leeteuk can't seem to enjoy it as much as the pair in front him. He forced himself to not jump into any conclusions but even Kangin, who's seating next to him, was having a hard time finishing his meal. Ever since Yunho and Jaejoong got back from their "walk" an evident change happened with their relationship.

Jaejoong was no longer on guard around him and was even helping Yunho put food on his plate. He was no longer using formalities around him, and at one point, Leetek could have sworn he heard Jaejoong call Yunho a nickname. He contemplated inside his head whether the shift in their relationship would be affect their current status on earth but decided against voicing his concerns out until he has determined the severity of their new situation. 

Kangin looked back and forth between Leeteuk and duo across him trying to make sense of their new living situation. He admits that after a few months of being forced to live together by fate, even he and Leeteuk has made significant progress on their relationship. However, with Jaejoong and Yunho it feels a little different. It doesn't help that being a descendant of the angel that created fate he can see the little red thread looming over the two and he's not so sure that could end well for either of them. 

The one-sided awkwardness between them was interrupted when one of Yunho's assistant came to the kitchen and dropped off a folder. Upon opening said item, Yunho let out a wide grin and jumped up excitedly.

"Yah," Jaejoong called, "What's going on?"

"It's done! Papers, passports, and ticket are all here. Finally!"

"Really?" Kangin asked getting excited himsef.

"Uh, remind me again. Why are we excited about this?" Leeteuk asked as he tried to remember what the familiar words meant.

"It means we can finally go get Heechul hyung," Yunho answered; completely unaware of the slip that Leeteuk made a mental note of. "Althoug, I could only get three tickets so you would have to choose between Kyuhyun-ssi or Donghae-ssi on who can go."

Leeteuk nodded his head and stood up from his breakfast table to immediately make a phone call to his dongsaengs. Kangin on the other hand couldn't handle it anymore and burst. 

"Alright, what the hell is going on with you two?"

Jaejoong and Yunho looked at each other then back to Kangin. "What do you mean?" Jaejoong asked. 

"You two have been acting strange and it's freaking me out!"

Yunho frowned and secretly eyed Jaejoong's reaction. He was enjoying the latter's easygoing personality around him and he didn't really want Kangin's sudden outburst to ruin their newfound relationship. 

"Kangin hyung, everything's fine," Yunho said trying to shield Jaejoong away from Kangin. He's known by now that it only takes one wrong word for Jaejoong to go back to his previous demeanor and he's worked too hard to let that happen. "We're just acquainted now is all. Just like you and Leeteuk hyung."

"What!?" Kangin misunderstood what Yunho meant and felt his face heat up a little at his implications. "There's nothing between me and Leeteuk!"

Yunho furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to make sense of what the latter just said. "I didn't say there was."

Kangin felt flushed and, like any other times, he felt the need to hit something in order to let his emotions out, but before he can do so Leeteuk walked back in with a heavy sigh. Yunho immediately noticed the quick diffusion in Kangin's body language then it clicked. Yunho smirked and kept that information to himself. 

"They'll drop by after they close up shop today. Figures, those two would have to fight over everything."

"Donghae and Kyuhyun?" Jaejoong asked worriedly. 

"No," Leeteuk replied, "Sungmin and Eunhyuk."

"What?" Jaejoong, Yunho, and Kangin asked at the same time. 

"Yeah, they kept shouting something about needing a break and space from the other two or something like that." Leeteuk sat down and let out a long heavy sigh. "Anyways, I told them I couldn't understand what they were saying and that they can just stop by after work so we can figure things out."

Their discussion was interrupted when they heard a sudden crash coming near Yunho's office. They immediately ran out of their dining room to check on what happened and what they saw made them freeze. The ancestrial family frame that was hung in the middle of the room was askewed and the burning shadow that was still sizzling in the middle of the room caught their attention. 

"What- What is that?" Jaejoong questioned fearing that the answe might be what he's thinking of. 

Leeteuk and Yunho narrowed their eyes and quickly surveyed the room. Kangin and Jaejoong carefully followed them but Jaejoong's eyes remained glued to the burnt shadown that's on the carpet. Kangin unconsciously kept his eye on Leeteuk's back that he failed to miss the creature that was lurking right behind him. The next thing he knew was the weight he felt on his back and a sharp pointy pain clinging on his shoulders. 

Leeteuk and Jaejoong were quick on their feet and jumped to get the creature off Kangin's back. Jaejoong grabbed it by it's tail and with all his might grabbed the creaure's shoulders to flung it off Kangin. As soon as the creature was off, Leeteuk grabbed Kangin and hid him behind him. The red mark of the creature's touch showed bright on Kangin's shoulder as he fell on his knees in pain. Yunho quickly assisted Kangin but remained alert as he watched the two fallen angels guard them. 

A loud shriek echoed in the office as the light bulbs exploded and the glass windows shattered. Jaejoong and Leeteuk covered their ears as the noise started getting into their heads. It took their all to not fall on their knees as well as the pain intensified with each second that they can hear it shriek. 

"YOUR FALL IS NEAR! HELL WILL RISE AND HEAVEN WILL FALL! You'll feel our pain a THOUSAND FOLD as we make humans our slave and  watch us as we kill off the rest of you into extinction!"

Right after saying the final word, the creature burst into flames that quickly ignited the whole room. Jaejoong and Leeteuk shielded their eyes as they felt the heat closer to them. They both turned around and made an attempt to help Kangin and Yunho out but without their grace, their lungs could barely handle the smoke that the fire has caused. 

"T-Take Kangin Hyung!" Yunho passed Kangin to Jaejoong and Leeteuk's care but the duo barely heard what he said. Jaejoong called out Yunho's name unsure of what the latter was doing or where he was going. Leeteuk didn't bother and signaled for Jaejoong to help him carry Kangin to another place. As the two angels grabbed one arm each to carry Kangin, they heard a huge piece of the ceiling fall behind them. 

"Hurry, Jaejoong! Let's go!"

It was a struggle to see behind the black smoke. Jaejoong bumped into a small desk as he was following Leeteuk's lead causing for him to lose grip on Kangin's arms. He tried to maintain his balance and regain his hold on Kangin when he suddenly felt wet. He looked up and saw that the office sprinklers has been activated. Leeteuk gently laid Kangin on the floor as he too looked up and watched as the sprinkler slowly but surely started putting out the fire tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter