Prophecy

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk sat silently inside Yunho's car with Donghae beside him. They were currently on their way to Changmin's house to see another fallen angel that was apparently very close with Donghae. He kept his gaze out the window and pretended to not be aware of the constant look Donghae's giving his way. Yunho on the other hand tried to maintain his cool and not let his emotions get the best of him, but the sudden news that Changmin and Junsu, his dongsaengs, might be just like him is troubling him. In a weird way, he feels like he would be more disappointed if it turns out they weren't the guardians his parents described to him from before. 

"Donghae-ah, are you sure Kibum's all right?" Jaejoong asked just to break the silence in the car. 

"Yes, hyung," Donghae answered. "All he said was that he was with a human named Changmin and that they are in a place called Seoul."

"I still can't believe our luck," Jaejoong said. Donghae smiled a little at Jaejoong's optimism. Even in the darkest time his hyung can still find something good to be happy about. "Eunhyuk-ssi," Jaejoong called, "I hope you're feeling better now."

Eunhyuk looked at him and smiled. 

"I'm fine now, thank you, and please don't be so formal. Eunhyuk's fine." He sent Jaejoong a reassuring smile but as soon as Jaejoong turned away, his smile disappeared replaced by a frown and a glare towards Donghae. The latter frowned in sadness as Eunhyuk turned to look away from him again as he continued to give Donghae the silent treatment. 

Donghae, leave him be. He needs time to process.

Eunhyuk heard Jaejoong's voice but didn't move. This was one of the bond things that he has yet to get used to. Donghae observed Eunhyuk from the side and upon noticing that the latter has not budged took it as a sign that, perhaps, Eunhyuk was not able to receive Jaejoong's interception. Obviously, that was a mistake.

Jaejoong hyung, I protected him. At least he could say thank you.

Eunhyuk felt his eyebrow twitch. Thank him? That bastard angel who turned his life upside down wanted him to say thank you for putting his life in danger? The nerve!

Hae, you used his energy. And he's still probably trying to get used to all of us. He just found out one of his long time friends is a guardian. 

Eunhyuk felt thankful that at least someone could understand where he was coming from. 

That's not my fault he's a bad judge of character. Eunhyuk felt his temper rise. Besides, if I hadn't done that we would have faced a bigger problem. I bonded us for that very reason. 

Eunhyuk felt the car stop and as soon as it did, he got out of the car, slammed the door and ran inside Changmin and Junsu's apartment. Yunho, Jaejoong, and Donghae could only watch after him in shock.

"I guess he's still upset about what happened," Yunho thought out loud as he turned the ignition of the car off.

"Yeah," Jaejoong agreed but referred to something else. He already knew Eunhyuk heard their mental conversation as he sent Donghae a knowing look. "He's still upset about something."

Donghae took a heavy breath as he hung his head low.

Stupid Fish! 

Donghae looked up but didn't see Eunhyuk anywhere. 

Inconsiderate jerk! 

Donghae accepted all of Eunhyuk's insults in his head and felt lonely once it stopped. He knows he should be angry since a human had just cursed and insulted him but at the moment all he could think of was that at least Eunhyuk has not shut him out yet. 

Donghae followed Yunho and Jaejoong inside the house as they looked for Kibum and Changmin. Eunhyuk was nowhere to be found but Yunho said to just leave him be as he probably just went to his best friend's room to calm down. Donghae figured he was probably referring to Junsu but could not figure out why that would bother him the way it did. 

"Min!" Yunho called as they went to the back garden. "Changmin-ah, are you in here?"

"Over here!"

A faint sound could be heard behind huge potted plants. The three of them gave each other curious looks before walking over to where they heard Changmin's voice. They took cautious steps towards Changmin and right before they could peek to where he was at, they were forced to stop by a huge gust of wind and and sudden cold feeling of the sprinklers going off and immediately soaking them. Puzzled, they looked up around to see what could have triggered such bizarre events and saw Changmin. He was trying to hide himself behind one of the big potted plants, but obviously with his height it only made him stand out more. 

Seeing the glare and disapproving look on Yunho, Changmin came out from his hiding spot with a sheepish smile revealing very annoyed looking Kibum right behind him. 

"Oh, hey, Yunho hyung," Changmin greeted softly as he watched his three guests get soaked with water. "I'll be right back!" Changmin immediately said as he escaped towards the back of the garden to turn off the sprinklers (but mostly to get away from getting in trouble.)

Yunho could only shake his head at him before directing his gaze at Kibum. 

"You must be Kibum," he asked. The latter nodded his head and Yunho smiled as a sign that he was a friend. "I'm Yunho, it's nice to meet you."

The water from the sprinklers finally stopped drizzling and a few more seconds later Changmin came back with towels at hand. He handed a towel to each one of them to dry off as he felt the atmosphere slowly go tense with awkwardness. He half-hoped the fallen angels would fill in the gap before he and Yunho could address the fact behind their identitites but the three angels remained stoic and silent. 

"So-" Yunho and Changmin started and stopped together. They both looked at each other awkwardly hoping the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter