The Road So Far

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kangin ignored Sungmin's surprised look and immediately went inside his home. He grunted as he tried to maintain his hold on the man he found earlier but it was getting harder by the minute. Once he was inside Sungmin's house, however, he froze when he saw a tied up man on the corner glaring menacingly at him. 

"Uh...Sungmin-ah, who is that?"

Sungmin who was worriedly right behind Kangin's tail looked at the direction Kangin was looking at and gasped in surprise.

"Oh uhm...this is Kyuhyun."

"Kyuhyun?" Kangin looked at said man disapprovingly before directing it at Sungmin. "Who is Kyuhyun?"

Sungmin opened his mouth to answer then closed it back again. His mind wasn't able to come up with any appropriate description for the latter yet, so he directed the question back at Kangin.

"Nevermind who he is," Sungmin waved Kyuhyun off which made the latter scowl, "who is that?" Kangin followed the direction Sungmin was pointing at and was suddenly brought back to reality that he was holding an unconscious man in his arms. 

"Oh! Sungmin, prepare hot water immediately," Kangin commanded completely ignoring the question. He started moving towards the couch and gently placed the man on it. 

"Hyung, you're not answering me," Sungmin whined as he also started to look at the man worriedly once he noticed the gashes on his arms and face. 

"I don't know yet," Kangin said, "I found him on my way to school and since you were the closest person I knew, I came here." 

The two of them were so focused with their own conversation that they momentarily forgot Kyuhyun was still in the room. He was silently observing Kangin and was skeptical of him. He wanted to inspect him further when he was surprised by the sudden familiar energy in the room. He mentally gasped and started looking around the Sungmin's house. He noticed Kangin placing someone on the couch and started struggling against his constraints to get a better look. Once Kangin stood from placing the man on the couch to face Sungmin he saw the guy roll over on his back and saw a profile view of him. Kyuhyun widened his eyes and started struggling even more.

"Jaejoong hyung!"

Kangin and Sungmin were surprised by the sudden yell and looked at Kyuhyun. They saw the latter was struggling heavily against the ropes as an attempt to free himself. He was putting in so much force that he didn't even notice that he had starte moving the chair along with him and banging it against the floor. Sungmin looked at him worriedly once he noticed how hard he was pushing against the ropes. He approached him cautiously in order to not startle him and have him act like a wild animal again.

"Yah, will you calm down," Sungmin called out but only got a glare from him.

"What did you do to Jaejoong hyung?"

"To who?"

Kyuhyun turned his deadly glare to Kangin who was completely unfazed by it. "What did you do to Jaejoong hyung?"

Kangin scoffed at him and crossed his arms. "Yah, if you're referring to this man," Kangin pointed towards the couch, "then I would say that I just saved him."

This time it was Kyuhyun's turn to scoff. "Jaejoong hyung is one of the strongest angels in heaven. There is no need to save him."

"Angel?" Sungmin asked out loud after hearing the remarks of the latter.

"Heaven?" Kangn raised an eye brow at Kyuhyun who maintaned his glaring focus at him. 

Before Kyuhyun could even say another word he was interrupted by a groan that came out of Jaejoong. His look immediately changed from a menacing one to a concerned look as he stared at Jaejoong from afar. Kangin and Sungmin momentarily forgot about Kyuhyun's words from earlier and started attending to Jaejoong. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~~*~**~~*~*~*~**~*~*~

Eunhyuk sighed and kicked himself mentally as soon as he heard himself agreeing to Donghae's wish. He was now walking around his neighborhood with Donghae by his side as he toured Donghae around and hoped that somewhere along the line he'll be able to find his brothers. It was such a bizarre situation that Eunhyuk would never have seen himself doing in a million years. 

"What's on your mind, Hyukjae-ah?" 

Eunhyuk was surprised when Donghae suddenly asked the question but then scowled once he realized what the latter called him. "My name is Eunhyuk."

"No, it's not," Donghae said as a matter of fact.

"Yes, it is," Eunhyuk insisted.

"You had it changed for superficial reasons. Your parents gave you that name, you should treasure it."

Eunhyuk scowled and took Donghae's words as the latter's way of judging him again. "Yeah, well, don't you want to change your name? Donghae? East Sea?! What kind of name is that?"

"A unique name," Donghae responded, "I can't see myself having any other name."

Eunhyuk just shook his head and kicked an imaginary rock on the street. "You wouldn't understand." Donghae suddenly stopped walking which startled Eunhyuk. He walked a couple of steps ahead of the latter before looking back. "What's wrong?"

"You still don't believe I'm an angel, do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter