Awakening

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback

"Heechul, be careful." Hankyung said as he pulled away from their hug. 

Heechul smiled with a hint of his trademarked side-smirk. "Please, I'm untouchable."

Hankyung rolled his eyes and just shook his head. "Take care."

That was the last thing he said to Heechul before watching the latter disappear to go meet with the council. It's a rare occasion for the council to show up in heaven much less summon the leader of Angel's army. Heechul has reassured him that they were just probably looking for an update or another new law has been made for who knows what reason, but it wasn't their job to question. Their job was simply to listen and follow and make sure order is in place. Hankyung heaved a heavy sigh. After wiping Donghae's memories of Hyukjae and of many others, heaven has been in a bit of chaos and Heechul's been under  a lot of pressure to restore order. 

He was walking back to his post when he saw a little angel amorem sneaking a peek at him in a corner. The angel saw that she's been spotted and ran away. Hankyung doesn't know why but he ran after her. 

"Hey! Wait!" He called but the amorem kept running. They turned a corner and Hankyung watcher her enter a red door which made him pause. He knows the room. Well, he knows what it's for but as far as he's concerned, amorems are the only ones allowed to enter. Rumors have circulated about previous angels who tried to enter but were never seen again. Being the good soldier that he was, Hankyung repressed his curiosity down and was about to let the little angel go. That was until he heard it again.

"Psst!"

He immediately turned around and saw it peeking a little out the door. The amorem made a come-over-here motion with its hands but Hankyung was hesitant. If the rumors were true, he might not see Heechul again, but then it repeated the same motioning action but this time with a little more urgency. Hankyung raised his guard up and followed the little angel inside the red door. 

Upon entry, a loud thud resounded behind him and Hankyung saw that the door has been closed. He gulped silently then looked at the little angel he followed. The little amorem ran to the big light shining in the middle of the room and Hankyung watched her have a whispered argument with something he can not see. 

"It's a child!....I know, but I have to try!...This baby is innocent...I can't!"

"Uhh..ex-excuse me," Hankyung called and the visible stiffness in her told him that perhaps this was more serious than he thought. "W-Why am I here?"

Then just like that, the shining light disappeared to be replaced by petals as it was handed a ball of cloth. Hankyung had no idea what it was until the amorem walked up to him and as they got closer, he was able to peek at a sleeping baby. The amorem stopped two feet away from Hankyung then stretched her arms out to hand the baby to him. Hankyung's eyes widened and immediately shook his head. 

"Oh - no,no. I'm not a baby messenger. You want to get the other cherubs for that." He lightly pushed the baby back to her but she insisted and tried again to hand the baby to him. Hankyung frowned helplessly as he slowly took the baby in his arms. It was the hardest thing he's ever done in his lifetime since he's had zero practice or frame of reference on how to hold a baby. It was so soft and light and Hankyung immediately felt the importance of protecting it. "D-Do you want me to hand it over to someone for you?"

The angel shook her head side to side as a response. The baby started crying and Hankyung panicked. He immediately started to cradle her and rocked her body up and down lightly in his arms. 

"Who does she belong to?" He asked thinking that maybe the amorem wanted him to deliver the baby. Hankyung gently placed a hand over her chest that immediately calmed her.

"She's yours." 

The baby stopped crying as she brought her little fingers and held Hankyung's finger tight. The latter froze upon hearing the amorem's answer and looked at her wide-eyed. 

"W-What?" The amorem looked down guiltily but Hankyung wasn't sure if he heard her correctly. "C-Can you say that again?"

"She belongs to you."

Hankyung still could not believe what he was hearing and looked back down on the child in his arms. She was now sleeping peacefully in his arms but her grip on his finger was still tight. As though she didn't want him to go and leave her. "H-How? I-I mean...wh-why?--How?"

"I don't know either, Hankyung-ssi." Hankyung heard a slight hesitation in her voice and his instinct as a solder kicked in. He could always tell when something was being hidden from him and she was holding something important back. 

"What is it? Tell me."

She looked down and bit her lower lip. The troubled look on her face was evident as he looked around the room to check if anyone could hear them. "I-I have orders..."

Hankyung knows full well about orders and how there's no room for disobeying them. He dreaded the answer to his question but he needed confirmation. 

"Orders to what?"

"The highest council has ordered...they have ordered the termination of this child." She looked at him then at the child sadly. "I-I've never had to do that before. A child is innocent. They've done no wrong and this is certainly a miracle child since heaven has not had a new creation since many epochs ago." She then had a more determined look on her face as she looked Hankyung dead in the eyes. "She needs to be protected. I've suppresed her grace with this formula but they can not know that I did not do my duty." She handed a blue colored milk to Hankyung who took it hesitantly. 

"You mean she's not an angel?"

"Not right now."

"How-How long will it last?"

"I'm afraid once she leaves through that door, every angel will sense human energy and she'll be in trouble anyway." She looked helpless as she could no longer care for the child. "My contacts have said that the council does not expect me to execute the child therefore has told other angels to beware of her existence. I-I cannot tell you who they are or how many may be looking to assasinate your child but she is not safe here."

Just as she finished her warning to Hankyung, a sliver of white light illuminated and her sense of urgency became greater and gripped Hankyung's arm. Hankyung looked at her in shock and fear. He knows what she's saying but his brain is unable to process it. 

"Please- Hankyung-ssi, for your child," she pleaded as they both heard stomps out the door. "She is not safe here."

Hankyung then thought about Heechul. Was the council telling them of their child? If they asked him, would Heechul choose his duty to heaven over their love? No. Hankyung knows Heec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter