Closer (Part 1)

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A set of strange circumstances have occurred all over the country-"

"...A set of shadowed imprints have been found-.."

"...Many religious associations have come forward claiming that the end is near. Experts are baffled-.."

"...Is this the end that we have all been waiting for?"

Yunho sighed and decided to turn off the television. He and Kangin had hoped that, at the very least, the news of the Fallen wouldn't have spread until they have retrieved Heechul back from China. Their associates from the foreign land have yet to make contact with Heechul. He frowned as he pondered as to what exactly it was that they were hesitant about. Yunho didn't have much time to think about it as his thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. He lookedup and was surprised to see Jaejoong standing in front him. 

"Jaejoong-sshi, what can I do for you?" 

Yunho took notice of how Jaejoong fidgeted in front of him and had to hold back his smile from coming out. Any other person in the world would have taken note of Jaejoong's beauty and would, most likely, put a move on him. However, Yunho knew better than to hit on an angel (even if they are fallen) as the mark on his arm already told Yunho everything he needed to know about the latter. It might look like an ordinary tattoo to humans but as a trained Tracker, Yunho knows that mark is a symbol of nobility among angels. 

"I just wanted to apologize about earlier," Jaejoong drifted his tone hoping that Yunho would just accept the sincerity of his apology and leave it at that. 

Yunho had to admit to himself that he was amused by Jaejoong's look of vulnerability in front of him and wanted to prolong it a little further, so he feigned his innocence.

"What do you mean? Apology for what?"

Jaejoong pursed his lips together. He wasn't really the mushy type. Being an elder angel he always had to look cold in order to gain the respect of his fellow angels be an effective leader for his troops. No, I can do this. Jaejoong swallowed his pride and elaborate.

"I apologize for my and my brothers behavior towards you and your brother-"

"Cousin." Yunho interrupted. Upon seeing the blank look Jaejoong gave him, Yunho knew he had to elaborate. "Kangin hyung is my cousin, not my brother. After our parents died, we sort-of just started looking out for one another and that's how we got closer."

Jaejoong puzzled by the foreign concept of human relationship just nodded his head. He cleared his throat as he cleared his mind before continuing with his apology.

"Well, you and your cousin have helped me and my brothers a whole lot and I know we didn't really get off on the right foot, so I just came in here and wanted to apologize for our behavior from earlier." Jaejoong paused as he thought about the prior events. "Mostly for Kyuhyun because I know he really won't change his mind about you or Kangin."

Yunho just smiled at the last statement. Kyuhyun was definitely mature for his age,  and although he might be thousands of years older than Yunho, he could tell that Kyuhyun is still a child underneath the facade that he has to put up around the other angels.

"He's still only a child, you know," Jaejoong said as though he had read Yunho's mind. Yunho was taken aback and wondered if Jaejoong did read his mind but before he could ask the latter continued, "I know you already know that we are probably way older than normal humans, but by our standards, Kyuhyun is still a child and as his hyung, I have failed to protect his innocence, and that's why I'm here to apologize on his behalf." 

Jaejoong bowed his head which surprised Yunho. He immediately got up from his seat and told Jaejoong to not bow in front of him.

"No, no, please don't be so formal with me," Yunho comforted. "I am just doing my duty as a Tracker just like you were doing your duty as a noble."

Jaejoong looked surprised upon Yunho's use of the term. "How did you know that?"

"That," Yunho pointed at his arm. Jaejoong looked at the dark mark on his left arm then upon looking back at Yunho he saw that the latter had pulled up his sleeves as well to show a similar mark on him but faded. Jaejoong froze. "See, my angel ancestors before they were sent to Earth forever were nobles. It doesn't really mean much down here on earth. It just considered a birth mark."

"A birth mark?" Jaejoong repeated with an incredilous tone. 

Yunho nodded and dismissed it completely unaware of the thoughts that's going through Jaejoong's mind. Yunho's attention shifted to his computer while Jaejoong continued to stare at him, his thoughts running wild.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter