Highway to Hell

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"YAH! YOU BASTARDS! COWARDS!" Sungmin screamed as loud as he could while straining against the chains holding him. He was hanging in the air and he could feel the pressure on his shoulders. Gravity slowly pulling him down and tearing into his tendon but he didn't care. He had to get out of wherever the hell they were keeping him. 

"Would you shut up already?" Luna said annoyed. She flicked her hand towards the lower cage causing it to rattle and buzz with electricity, effectively scaring the small child in it. "I may not be able to touch you but hurting this kid is encouraged."

Heekyung whimpered at the threat and felt herself tear up again. "I-I want my appa!" 

Luna looked at her and upon seeing her shaker in fear smiled in satisfaction. She walked towards the cage and crouched down so she and Heekyung were eye level. "Oh, sweetie, don't worry. Appa is on his way." She then faked a frown as she gave Sungmin a knowing look. "But if I were you, I would beg that Ahjussi up there to be quiet because if I get really irritated," She slammed her hands on the cage startling Heekyung and making her cry even harder. "I might have to do something to you before your Appa gets here."

"Leave her alone!" Sungmin screamed. 

Luna smirked knowing she's touched a nerve and slowly stood up. "It's a shame that we couldn't kill you just yet."

Sungmin pursed his lips and didn't bother to hide the contempt from his face. Luna merely chuckled in amusement before she was once again joined by another demon in the room. Sungmin recognized him from when he regained consciousness earlier. He was the one that patched up his wounds and took care of him. 

"Shindong, what are you doing here?"

"I have orders to bring Sungmin to meet with the general. Time's almost up."

Sungmin's eyes widened at the thought of being posessed once again by that demon and struggled even harder, fighting for that 1% chance that he might actually be able to get away from them. Luna simply tsked before waving a hand that immediately made the chains disappear and caused Sungmin to fall on the ground. Sungmin's body made a loud "thud" sound but before he could even regain his breathing, Shindong already has him up on his feet and bounded. 

"Don't cause any trouble and I won't have to hurt you," he warned.

Sungmin just grimaced but did what he was told. He took one last look at Heekyung and tried to give her a small encouraging smile when he saw her look after him with a longing look. The image of her crying after him would be permanently etched in his brain as he turned a corner and disappeared from her line of sight. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Kangin and Yunho leaned against the car as they waited for the rest of their group to come out of the small market with snacks. Kangin lit a cigarette while Yunho looked at the map and mentally calculated how much longer their drive will be. 

"I told you to stop smoking didn't I?" Leeteuk scolded as he walked out of the store and towards Kangin who quickly dropped the cigarrette and stepped on it with his foot. 

"Actually, you said you didn't want to see me, and technically, you didn't." Kangin countered but seeing the glare and disappointed frown on Leeteuk's face had him reaching for the whole pack in his packet and throwing it to a nearby trashcan. "Happy?"

Leeteuk rolled his eyes and decided to ignore him altogether. He peered into Kangin's car and let out a sigh of relief seeing Donghae's sleeping form comfortable leaning against the window. "How is he?"

"In and out," Kangin informed. "Changmin keeps putting him to sleep when we're on the road since he starts making a fuss looking for Hyukjae." Kangin paused and looked at Leeteuk - metally gauging whether or not he should ask his next question. Sensing his hesitation, Leeteuk looked at Kangin and told him to say what was on his mind. 

"How's Hyukjae doing?"

"Oh," Leeteuk faltered a little as he took a quick look behind him to see if anyone else was coming. Confirming the store's doors are still closed he answered Kangin. "He's...repentant." Seeing Kangin look down in shame, Leeteuk felt the need to clarify. "Not because of what happened. He said he'd do it again but he's repentant...because he feels like he turned his back on heaven when his memories got erased."

"Do-Do we know how that happened yet?"

"Not yet. I've asked around and Heechul has got in contact with Taemin and the other angels so hopefully we'll know the answer soon." 

Yunho who's been half-listening to the two of them let out a loud sigh as he folded the map down to let them know that he's about to join their conversation. 

"What is it?" Kangin asked already knowing that Yunho's holding out on something. "What are you not telling us?"

"My contacts got back to me." Yunho said but his sharp eyes quickly noticed Jaejoong heading out the store with the rest in tow. "I'll tell you at the rest stop."

Kangin and Leeteuk shared a concerned look and simply watched Yunho get in the car. Something tells them that it's anything but good news. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

They've been on the road for almost six hours now and they all noticed how the energy of their surroundings changed as they neared their destination. Hyukjae peered out the window and noticed the clouds slowly get darker and the winds were getting stronger. Jaejoong noticed Hyukjae's apprehensiveness and placed a gentle hand on his arm.

"It's gonna be alright," Jaejoong consoled. "We'll figure it out together."

Hyukjae wanted to smile at his words but only felt regret as his body quivered and tears fell from his eyes. He quickly wiped it away and tried to laugh it off. "Sorry, I'm being silly." Hyukjae sniffled then looked out the window once again. His eyes wandered towards the rear view mirror of the car and noticed Kangin driving right behind them. His mind started to wander towards another passenger in that vehicle and felt his heart constrict once again. 

I'm so sorry, Hae.

I miss you. Hyukjae's eyes widened when he heard Donghae's voice. He looked around the car to see if anyone else heard Donghae but all he saw was Jaejoong looking out the window while Changmin and Junsu were fast asleep. Leeteuk and Yunho's body were facing forward not heeding him any attention. 

I-I thought you were supposed to be asleep. 

I haven't moved and Changmin's fast asleep so he wouldn't be able to manipulate my energy at the moment. 

Are you behaving yourself? Hyukjae had to hide his smile when he felt Donghae's energy tickle something in him. 

I'm sorry, Hyukjae. I didn't mean any of what I did before. 

I know, Hae. Hyukjae felt a different sense of happiness using Donghae's old nickname again. No one's holding it against you. 

I feel something changing in me, Hyuk. Hyukjae bit his lower lip at Donghae's confession

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter