The Truth

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk slowly regained consciousness when he felt heat surrounding his body. His eyelids felt heavy but he forced himself to open up his eyes and see what's going on around him. The first thing he saw was Sungmin's unsconscious body laying on the ground then a faint voice of a little girl asking for her father. Eunhyuk groaned as he swallowed the pain his body's in and tried to move his arms or legs but nothing happened. He was bound by something powerful that his human was too weak to fight against it. 

"Don't bother, Hyukjae. Even if you had your real powers you'd be too weak to use them." The person that walked in front of him made Eunhyuk's eyes widen but when he opened his mouth to say something, the latter simply waved a hand and Eunhyuk found himself muffling his words as his lips remained shut. "Or should I call you, Eunhyuk now? Which would you prefer?"

"Mmmhhmmmm."

"Ah, I know," he said in mock understanding. "It can be such a pain, can't it?" He then smiled deviously at Eunhyuk who simply glared at him. "Oh. Come on, now. Is that any way to greet an old friend?"

If Hyukjae could, he would have screamed and spat in his face but opted to communicate through his eyes and gave him a dirty look. The man simply smirked before walking around the outer circle that Eunhyuk was currently hanging in the middle of. Eunhyuk looked at each pendagram and symbol drawn on the floor but couldn't quite clearly see the rest of it so he wasn't sure what the demon in front of him was planning to do. He watched with narrowed eyes as he walked towards Sungmin and carefully grabbed for his arm. Eunhyuk wiggled out and screamed as he watched the demon cut into his arms and soak his own hands with his blood. 

"Strange how almost all rituals require the blood of the innocent." The demon rubbed his hands together as though he was washing his hands with Sungmin's blood before staring back to Eunhyuk with a devious glint. "It seems counterintuitive, don't you think so?"

"Fmhsyjou!"

"Now, now, Eunhyuk-ssi. Mind your language." The demon mocked scolded. "Wouldn't want the other angels to hear such potty mouth."

Eunhyuk was helpless but he didn't give up struggling out of his restraints no matter how futile his attempts were. The demon simply let him be and started performing his ritual. Placing his hands out in the air towards the sky, he started uttering the words of magic in his prophecy book. Eunhyuk could feel his power rise and felt even more frantic. A minute or so later, his eyes widened when the demons eyes glowed a bright gold color then opened his eyes to look straight at him. It caught Eunhyuk off guard seeing such bright red glowy eyes before he was forced to look away and close his eyes when a sudden hard gust of wind swirled around him. 

The demons dark wings spread as far as its width can go while other demons around them watched in glee and anticipation. HE repeated the encantation over and over and glowered at the feel of power surge through him. A final shout in the air and the entire circle glowed with light and Eunhyuk once again felt heat this time it was inside his body. He groaned in pain as the seal on his lips broke and he was free to shout out loud. His voice echoed around them and every demon around them cheered and yelled in joy. 

Whatever it was that burned in Eunhyuk caused him to lose consciousness as he allowed it to overpower him. 

At a distance, Donghae and his group paused as they saw a beam of light cut across the sky. They watched curiously wanting to know what it was before a hard gust of wind hit them as well, suddenly knocking them down. The rain still poured over them but that didn't matter anymore as suddenly it didn't feel as cold and heaven. When Donghae got back up on his feel his wings were back on him and his body felt a thousand times lighter. He gasped and looked around at his brothers only to find them in the same situation. 

"Hyung! Our- Our wings-"

"They activated everyone's grace," Heechul finished for him although his voice was anything but elated. "They've started the ritual."

"That means-"

"Donghae, go." Heechul urged in a hurry. Without waiting for another word, Donghae pushed himself off the ground and flew towards the light at ten times the speed they were going. The rest of the fallen wanted to follow after him but something blocked their path. 

"No." Kangin stepped in front and he was back in his old form. Wings wide and tall, enough to shelter hundreds of people, and his body a little bulkier than his human form. He eminated with a yellow blue light that matched Leeteuk's aura exactly. Placing a hand out in front of them a sudden gust of threw off the two minions blocking their way and quickly disappeared out of sight. "There's more lurking around here."

"Kangin hyung, what's going on?" Yunho asked a little panicked. "What - how...why do I have this?" Yungo referred touching his own wings and wincing a little when he tugged it a little harder than he intended. "This makes no sense!"

"This is the big reveal," Kangin said. "They used the ritual that ignites everyone's spirits."

"What?" Yunho asked helplessly still not fully grasping the situation. 

"The fight between heaven and hell," Yesung intervened. He was much calmer than everyone else as he closed his eyes gently placed a hand on the ground. "I can feel at least another three hundred before we reach them. We need to go."

"Where's Donghae?" Heechul asked more than ready to fight.

"North." Ryeowook answered as he slowly lifted himself up in the air. 

Changmin and Junsu watched the other fly away and leave them behind. It was strange because they both feel something different between them. Changmin observed his hands and found saw a bright yellow luminscence surrounding him then to Junsu which made him gasp. 

"Junsu hyung, you're eyes are green!" 

"What?" Junsu's hands went up to where his eyes were and frowned. "Changmin...are we- are we ready for this?"

"What do you mean?"

"This! This war...This fight." Junsu looked to where the other angels have gone and gasped when he was able to see exactly what was in the light, or rather, who was in the light. "It's Eunhyuk!"

"What?"

"They're-They're using Eunhyuk!" Junsu then whirled aroud when he heard Changmin grunt. There were two little devils grasping for air as Changmin concentrated his power on holding them back. Junsu freaked for a second before he quickly racked his brain for something. In the next second Junsu's hands quickly got to work as it lit up brighter and chanted the words, "Flamma Succendat!"

Right after saying those words the two creatures Changmin was holding burst into flame. Once they were gone out of sight Changmin was panting hard and the two stood there getting soak in the rain. It took a few minutes for what happened to sink in but eventually the two looked at each other and knew what exactly what to do. They then held hands together and Changmin focused his energy towards the white light just before disappearing into thin air. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Donghae grunted as he snapped the neck of the demon he was holding and kicked another one behind him. Kyuhyun and Kibum was right beside him using the enemy's swords against themselves and striking as much demons that comes their way. 

"Donghae! You need to hurry!" Heechul yelled while holding one of the demons back. He gasped when one of them had gripped his wings and slashed his arm. Leeteuk was quick to be on his aid and kicked the demon harshly before placing a hand over his head and incinerating it on the spot. Leeteuk looked back towards Donghae and with more urgency yelled, "DONGHAE, GO!"

Donghae was conflicted for a minute. Torn between staying to fight with his brothers or going to where Hyukjae was currently being held. Hearing a third "GO!" coming from Kyuhyun, Donghae's mind was made up and he kicked off the demon that latched itself on his leg as hard as he can and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter