Revelation (Part 2)

Fallen Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming back to Yunho and Kangin's house was a quiet ride as everyone tried to figure out, in their own way, how exactly were they going to fight a battle they had no idea how or when it will begin. Jaejoong opened the door for his brothers to enter and Donghae, still carrying Hyukjae, went straight towards the study room to lay him down on the couch. Kyuhyun took Sungmin to his room and put him down on his bed. Both unconscious males did not move or utter a sound the entire ride back and it worried the two fallen angels. 

Leeteuk entered Kyuhyun's room slowly and felt bad seeing the distress on his dongsaeng's face. 

"Kyuhyun-ah," Leeteuk called out. Kyuhyun didn't bother to look away from Sungmin but he lightly nodded his head as acknowledgment of Leeteuk's presence. "How is he doing?"

"He's still unconscious." Kyuhyun answered. "He's breathing so at least I know he is alive but..." Kyuhyun paused as his mind thought of all the different ways it could've gone worst and felt shame all over again. "I should've been there, hyung. I could've helped."

Leeteuk immediately went to be on Kyuhyun's side and patted a comforting hand on his back. "Kyuhyun, don't do that. He's alive. That's all that matters."

Kyuhyun gripped Sungmin's pillow as he fought against the hot tears that threatened to fall from his eyes. "I wish I could heal him, at least."

Leeteuk sighed as he looked from Kyuhyun to Sungmin's sleeping form. Without saying anything, Leeteuk gently placed a hand over Sungmin's sleeping figure which caught Kyuhyun's attention. He watched curiously and upon seeing a low light descend from Leeteuk's hand, Kyuhyun was both surprised and relieved that his hyung's powers have returned. After a few seconds, Leeteuk released a long breath then gave Kyuhyun a comforting smile. 

"Hy-Hyung...h-how?"

"Let's let him rest for now," Leeteuk said instead of answering Kyuhyun's question. "Come on, we need to be with the others right now."

Kyuhyun hesitated for a second but then allowed Leeteuk to help him stand up and walk out the door. He knows it was a sin just to think about it, but he swore to himself that someone would have to pay for what is happening to them. 

It was quiet in the study room as Donghae just sat next to Eunhyuk and watched him sleep. Their bond allowed him to heal his internal injuries but it also allowed him to feel the soreness and the pain of his external wounds. He faintly heard the door click and light steps heading towards him but he didn't bother to check on who it was. He figured it would probably either be Jaejoong or Leeteuk checking up on him. 

"Donghae-ah." The latter froze as that voice did not belong to neither Jaejoong or Leeteuk but still sounded very familiar. He felt the person touch his shoulder and he quickly turned around to confirm his suspicion. 

"Heechul hyung," Donghae whispered. Within the next second he was up on his feet and hugging Heechul tight against him. Heechul smiled and hugged Donghae back. "I'm so glad you're here, hyung. We were so worried about you."

Heechul just chuckled and rubbed Donghae's back to ease the younger man's apprehension. "Me too. I'm glad to see you've all adjusted well."

The two of them finally pulled apart, and as soon as they did, Heechul's eyes fell on Eunhyuk's sleeping figure. Donghae followed his line of sight and suddenly felt like a child who's hands were caught inside the cookie jar. He bit his lower lip as his anxiety went a little higher with each passing second. Wondering what Heechul would say or how much trouble he's in exactly for doing a forbiddent act. 

"I can sense some of your grace in him." Donghae felt his face heat up as his mind went somewhere else thinking about what Heechul was trying to imply. 

"Hyung! I-I didn't...I mean, I've never-!..." Heechul chuckled hearing Donghae stutter like that. 

"Relax." Heechul rolled his eyes and teased. "Like you would know how to do anything like that."

Donghae's face felt fully flushed hearing that comment. "Hyung!"

Heechul laughed louder seeing Donghae's reaction. He could never get over the fact that one of heaven's highly ranked soldiers and one of the most well-respected as well as feared angels, was actually just a marshmallow. Only Donghae's brothers knew he acted this way and that he was very sensitive when it comes to criticism against his judment and orders. No one knew Donghae better than Heechul. He knew how hard Donghae worked to attain his status and the constant inner battle he has with himself knowing every order he gives triggers someone's fate. 

Heechul's attention then shifted back to Eunhyuk. His eyes softened as he took a closer observation upon his features. Donghae watched Heechul kneel in front of Eunhyuk and gently caressed his hair. Donghae tilted his head on the side and wondered why did it seem as though Heechul was greeting an old friend when his mind went back to that small memory he had earlier. A flashback of him and someone that looked eerily like Eunhyuk that triggered something in him that he didn't know he had, and all of a sudden, he felt like maybe, just maybe, Heechul might be able to give him the answers he needed. 

"Heechul hyung," Donghae called out carefully but Heechul's eyes remained on Eunhyuk. "I-...I need to ask you something."

"It's funny isn't it?" Heechul said out of nowhere. Donghae didn't know what he was referring to and remained silent. "We all made sacrifices and did what we were supposed to do and yet...here we are. The exact same place still facing creation's greatest dilemma. Almost like all our hard work was for nothing."

Donghae was saddened hearing Heechul's words. He knows what kind of burden they all faced fighting the demons and although they spent their entire lifetime into preparing themselves for the big fight they were still ill-prepared to face their enemy. However, that comes second in Donghae's list of priorities. Right now, he needed answers and he needed them now. 

"Heechul hyung, is Hyukjae a fallen as well?"

Heechul smiled hearing Eunhyuk's real name come out of Donghae's lips. He stood up from where he was crouching down and turned to face Donghae. It didn't surprise him at all seeing the determined look on Donghae's face and knew there was no way he could keep t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter