43. Yup, things are definitely different

Because of Our Dads [Edited]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

3 days went by since her return. Not a word from her. Rumors were going round that we had definitely broken up. I was headed to the lobby when I looked up at the building as usual. I’ve been looking up for 4 months already. The living room light was on. Did I leave the house lights on again? It can’t be. She came to apartment! I ecstatically pressed the button to the 10th floor and was impatient that the lift took so long. Darn lift. Maintenance should have done a better job of fixing the lift. I reached the house door and I paused. I can’t look so excited to see her. Pull that grin off your face, Kyuhyun. I planned on looking all cool and ignorant. After all, she did leave for Japan and made me worried for 4 whole months. I opened the door and walked in. I hope she did come back.

 

A smell filled the house. She’s back. I saw her at the kitchen counter with her back facing me. She was making kimchi chigae. A joy came over me and that grin came back. I opened my mouth to say something.

 

“You’re back.”

 

HyeoEun’s POV

I thought I heard something. I paused for a 2 seconds before resuming cutting the spring onions, bopping to “Boyfriend” on the radio. Cute song; but I’m too old for them. I continued attending to the boiling soup.  I lowered the fire and covered the pot with the lid. When I turned around, I saw him walking into the living room. I can’t believe this guy. I thought that one month away from each other would make him think about what happened. Maybe he felt awkward around me, so I decided to take the initiative to say hi.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

She didn’t reply. I guess she was still mad at me for my behavior. I stood there, stoned, and finally turned to walk to the living room frowning when she tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw her right in front of me.

 

“Aren’t you going to welcome me back?” she asked with a smile on her face. “Wow, you’ve gotten skinnier. And your hair color’s changed.” The same smile that she had when we had our conversations. That was when I saw the earpiece dangling over her shoulder. She hadn’t heard me. My face still had that frown from a minute ago. Her smile suddenly turned awkward, as if she was disappointed.

 

“I’m gonna set the table. I hope you don’t mind Kimchi Chigae,” she said and turned to return to the kitchen.

 

I jolted and hugged her by the waist and said, “I missed you.” I thought she would lean against me and said that she missed me too. But she tore away my hands from her waist and faced me. I felt defeated. Things are not going to be the same.

 

“I’m glad you did. And that was selfish of you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter