31. Gyeo-Ul

Because of Our Dads [Edited]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HyeoEun’s POV

I lied. My family wasn’t helping me with my bandages. I didn’t want them to see the degree of the scald. It was traumatizing even for me. After dinner, I retreated back into my room. I took the dirty bandage off cautiously and laid it aside. I was attempting to take out a clean gauze out when my sister came in. She stared at my arm for a while before closing the door behind her. She sat on my bed and helped me to take out the clean gauze.

 

As she rubbed the alcohol swipe on my hand, I winced in pain, shedding a tear or two. “Oppa would accept you as you are, Eonni. He already admitted that he loves you. Why are you being stupid?” She didn’t look at me, but I knew she was frustrated with my decision. “It’s not like he could do anything to stop your drunk manager either. He was overseas. Just be grateful that someone was there to help you.”

 

She pulled off the adhesive from the gauze and gently laid it on my wound. “Why wouldn’t you forgive him, Eunni?” she said, looking into my eyes. This was the first time in years that she had spoken to me in a soft tone. My eyes welled up with tears as I choked out my words.

 

“Gyeo-Ul- ah. You don’t understand. It’s not as simple as it looks!”

 

“Then simplify it for me!”

 

I looked at her hesitantly before unraveling my story and my reasoning to her. At the end of it, my face was a waterfall of tears and she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter