1. Because of My Dad

Because of Our Dads [Edited]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

HyeoEun’s POV

Kyuhyun and I had known each other since young. Our mothers were best friends and our fathers became best friends because of the times they met to drink and drown our mothers’ PMS problems. And that’s why we hated drinking. Kyuhyun didn’t hate it because he was Super Junior’s Kyuhyun and is under the eyes of the paparazzi. We both hated it because it led our families into a sticky situation. How sticky? Drunk, they decided to settle our future by promising their children’s hands in marriage to each other. Even and educated man (Kyuhyun’s dad) could not fight the troubles of alcohol. And we found out when Kyuhyun was signing on to SM in 2005. I can’t believe it. As drunk as they were, they could still remember that promise after 3 years. They told us that we should try dating until I was of age to marry.

 

“You know what? We’ll just wait for me to become of age before we discuss this again. I’m 15. Why are we even talking about marriage at this age.” Kyuhyun looked at me for a while and nodded his head. “Thanks.”

 

I wouldn’t say we were best friends who knew each other really well. We were frenemies who would look out for each other outside school and would tease each other in the very few years that we were in the same school together. He would win against me in anything involving the extreme increase in heart rate: sports. Well, he wasn’t superb at sports, but I was worse. We argued about a lot of things, and I end up winning because of my threats. Mayeb that's why he's such a wisecrack towards his hyungs.

 

Actually, I was doing this for him. I knew about the girl he was dating. It wasn't really a secret between the two of us, OR THE SCHOOL. And I knew he was serious about her, so hopefully this arrangement would die down quickly.

 

“Come on, let’s tell our parents our decision.”

 

As we walked back to the family room where our parents were betting whether we would rebel or comply. Betting. Seriously? They looked at us, waiting for their expected answer to come out of our mouths.

 

I opened my mouth to speak, “We decided that we would go forward with the marriage.” Kyuhyun’s father had a bright smile on his face. He had betted in favor of the marriage. “However, we would only go ahead when I become of age. And if I.... OR KYUHYUN(whew better not blow the whistle) haven’t found someone we like, I would consider giving this a shot. Even if we do give it a shot, we might not be compatible together. We do disagree on things you know. We’re like polar opposites.”

 

“And opposites attract!” chirped Kyuhyun’s dad, “So I win the bet!”

 

“Not really. Ahbeonim, mianhamnida. I didn’t officially agree to the marriage nor did rejec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter