Chapter 10

My Nanny

 You woke up feeling a lot better. As you got up you notice that you were in a different room but then remember you were at Jessica’s house. You looked on the table next to you and found a note:

Good Morning, I hope you slept well! I took Jaden to school already and made breakfast for you and Mark. You guys can go pick him up later, but I want you to rest. No cleaning, doing dishes, or going out. That means NO WORKING HARD! You hear me?

-Jessica

You looked at the time and saw that it was 8 A.M, then realized you have not gone to work for about a week now and your boss must be furious. You have not called in to tell your boss what happened. They were already short on workers and with you gone it will add on more to the others. You searched around the draw and found another note.

Hey lovely, I’m pretty sure you are looking for your phone right now, it’s in the 2nd drawer and remember, don’t go anywhere.

-Jessica

After you found your phone you try calling, but your boss wasn’t picking up, so you decided to get ready and go over there yourself. You got ready in 10 minute and wrote a quick note just so they know your whereabouts. You know that you are supposed to be resting, but what can you do when your job is at stake.

Mark woke up a few minutes after you left. The first thing he did was check on you because Jessica strictly told him to keep an eye on you and make sure you stay put. When he checked and realize you were gone he started to panic. He searched the whole entire house inside and out when he saw a sticky note on the fridge:

Hey, I will be out for a bit so don’t come looking for me. I’m okay and feel better than ever so just do whatever and we can go pick up Jaden later.

                                                                                              -_______                                               

He became furious after he read the note, or more like worried. He knows that you are still pretty weak and by looking on the dining table he know you haven’t eaten breakfast. You were supposed to be resting but you’re doing the exact opposite of that. He was more furious at himself then you because he felt like he has failed the task that Jessica gave him. He also knows that Jessica will be furious if she finds out she left the house and he didn’t do anything, so he got ready in record time and went to go look for her.

“Where can that brat be at? Hmmmmm, maybe she went to work? Jessica and I forgot to call her workplace so she might have gone there. I wonder if Jessica even knows she works at a merchandise factory.”

At the factory

“Yah, where have you been?!?! Don’t you know we are already short on staff! How can you just leave for 3 days without notifying me?!?!,” he shouted.

“I’m sorry Sir, something happened and………..”

“I don’t want to hear any excuses; you will be working overtime today and the next 3 days to make up for your absences. There is a new worker too; you will be in charge in teaching her how to work the machines and how the handmade stuff is made.”

“But, sir….”

“Do you want to get fire?!?!  If not, get to work.”

“Yes, sir,” you said in a dejected tone. You know that you were suppose to go back but what can you do when your job is at stake and you were about to get fired. You went out of his office and found a pretty young girl about your age sitting in the chairs next to the office doors. She seems Korean but you weren’t sure, so you just introduce yourself.

“Hi, are you the new worker here?”

“Yes, I am. My name is Minnie, but you can call me Min.”

“Will, hi Min, I’m _________ and I will be showing you around and how the machines work. Follow me.”

 You showed her the different machines and explained what each one did and how it works. Then you showed her the rooms where some of the handmade products were and you tried teaching her how to sew. You were having a pretty great time with her considering she was about the same age as you unlike all the other older ladies who worked with you. It’s not like you don’t enjoy talking to them but it felt nice to have someone the same age as you. You guys were laughing at her fail sewing when you start to feel a little light headed and dizzy. You then remembered that you never ate breakfast and you were aware that you were supposed to be doing minimal work. Although all you did was walked and show her around it made you really tired.

“ ___________ are you okay,” Min asked.

“Yea I’m fine, just a little tired that’s all.”

“Let’s go sit over there for awhile and then you can show me the rest later.” She took your arm and helped you to the chairs.

She seems nice and you wanted to get to know her better.

“If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?”

“I’m 21.”

“Omo, you’re the same age as me! When is your birthday?”

“December 25th

“Ahhh I’m just a few days older than you! You can call me Unnie then.”

You guys were talking about how amazing the coincidence were when all of a sudden a strong pair of arm lift you off of your chair and threw you over his shoulder.

Mark POV

Ugh, where is the factory again?!? I was getting frustrated when I couldn’t remember how to get to the factory and finally after 30 minutes I was able to find it. I walked in with my masked on because the last time I came some ahjimma notice who I was and I didn’t want rumors starting. I went into her boss’s office and asked for permission for her to be on leave for a few days and then I explain why. He agreed and apologizes instantly because he felt bad for yelling at her. He told me where she was and I went to go get her.  As I was walking towards the stair to go to the first floor I spotted her with a girl. I stopped in my tracks and watch them for a bit until I notice she had her hand on her head and she wasn’t looking to well, so I rushed towards the stairs and made my way to her.

 As I reached her I was deciding what to do. I was afraid she can just escape if I grabbed her hand so I did what I thought was the most secure way, carrying her. I lift her off her chair and she did a slight scream when she notices who it was she started to yell and punch me, but she was already tired and weak enough she couldn’t do anything. I finally reached the car and was amazed that she was still yelling at me although her punching has stop.

“YAH, WHY DID YOU DO THAT? DON’T YOU KNOW I WAS WORKING?!?! I HAVEN’T EVEN TOLD MY BOSS? IF HE SEES THAT IM MISSING AGAIN I MIGHT GET FIRED!”

“Whoa, relax, I already told him that you will be on leave. Damn such a feisty women.”

“WHAT………..”

As she uses up all her strength in yelling the last “what” she fell down due to fatigue , but before she fell I caught her.

“Yah, qwenchana?”

“I’m fine, let just hurry and go get Jaden then go home.”

I put her in the car and help her with her seat belt. Once I got to the other side she was already fast asleep.

End of POV

“Yah, get up where here.”

“Where are we? This isn’t Jaden school.”

“Of course not silly, he doesn’t get out until another hour, where at a porridge restaurant.”

“Why are we here?”

“You haven’t ate anything yet, you naughty girl. Come on get up I’ll help you.”

You got out of the car with his help. He locked the car and you guys went in. As you guys went in Mark took you straight to a table without even waiting to be seated. Then the waiter came to give you guys a menu.

“Hi, I’m Nick and I will be your waiter today. Here are your menus.”

“Thank You,” you said, but then all of a sudden Mark interrupted,” No need for menus. She will have the chicken porridge and I will have the beef bone broth porridge.”

“Will that be all then?”

“Yes,” Mark answered.

He then went to go give the cook your orders. You were curious about Mark now and how he knows the menu so well. You were lost in thoughts until your orders came.

“Here is the chicken porridge for the beautiful lady, and the beef bone broth porridge for the young man.”

“Thank you,” you said, the waiter was about to leave when he came back and ask you the most surprising question.

“I know this is probably out of line, but I feel like if I don’t say this I will regret it. I have only seen you once but when you walked in through those doors you were radiating. I couldn’t stop staring at you. When I saw this man with you I lost all my hopes but then I notice he wasn’t holding your hand or seem protective of you like a boyfriend. So I thought I still have this chance and I would like to ask you…….. Can I have your number?”

You were speechless, you didn’t know how to reply or react. All you felt was shock, this was the first time someone bluntly tells you he likes you. You were going to tell him sorry when all of a sudden Mark grabbed your hands and intertwined it with his.

“Honey, you should reply to this poor man that you’re already taken. He then looked at the waiter. I’m sorry, Nick, that’s your name right? If I didn’t seem like her boyfriend, she was mad at me earlier so that’s why we didn’t seem like a couple. Then he turned and looks back at you. I’m sorry honey if I made you mad, but you don’t have to punish me by actually thinking of giving your number to him.”

You were shocked from what you just heard. He just called you honey and said you were taken by him! The most shocking was that he said sorry and it sounded like he was jealous. All you could do was nod your head and then the waiter left feeling embarrass. Although the waiter has left Mark was till acting sweet.

“Say, ah, honey. Here I’ll feed you, you must be tired.”

You gave him a wtf look and all he did was smiled back. He fed you until both of you where done and the waiter came back with the bill.

“Excuse me, but can I meet the cook?” Mark asked the waiter.

“Sure of course you can,” he then went to back. A few minutes later an old lady came out with the apron still tied to her waist walking towards your table.

“You guys wanted to see me?”

“Yah, ahujima don’t you remember me?”

“Omo, Mark?”

“Ne, it’s me.”

“You’re so big now, and very handsome!”

“Thank You ahujima.”

While I was waiting for him to finish talking the waiter from earlier came back and talk to me.

“I’m sorry about earlier.”

“It’s okay; understand where you would have mistaken. Hahaha *sarcastically* I too would have not even know we were dating till he call me honey.

“Wait so you guys aren’t?”

“Haha according him we are.”

“But what about you? According to you are you guys dating.”

He turned me to face him and looked me in the eyes. I was going to answer when…..

“Yah, honey what are you guys doing!” Mark literally screamed.

“Yah, Mark you’re going to scare my customers away,” said the older lady.

Mark walked towards you guys, turned you to face him then pulled you into a hug and whispered loud enough for those around you guys to hear,” You know I don’t like it when other men are near you.”

You almost fainted from shock and the older lady just grinned while those who heard just stared with envy. After he introduced you to the older lady who you decided to call ahujima since she said its okay you guys went to go get Jaden. After you guys picked him up you guys went back home. Throughout the whole time the only question in your mind was why, why did he do that? You pretended to be asleep and Mark and Jaden talked the whole way back.

 

How do you guys like the new Mark? I changed the writing style. Please comment which one you guys like better.

Please tell me if you find anything confusing and i'll try to clarify it. Thank you for reading my fic and fyi I have a new fic in mind with Jung Daehyun and Jr.