Chapter 8

Within The Night

The college’s hallway never seemed too long to Kibum until that day. He was running as much as he could and still he wasn’t fast enough. Everyone who was in the corridor was focused on him and he knew it. But he needed some answers and that could be his opportunity to have them.

“Where is he?” Kibum asked, finally reaching Jonghyun’s arm. “You have to tell me.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Yes, you do. Where is Minho?”

“Calm down, everybody is looking at us.” Jonghyun looked around, and then turned around to continue to walk, being stop by Kibum’s hand grabbing his arm again.

“I don’t care, answer me.”

“I don’t know, okay? I have no idea.”

“Liar.” Kibum yelled, pushing Jonghyun. “He’s my best friend and I want to know if he’s okay. And I’m sure you know where he is. So, are you going to tell me or-“

“Or what?” Jonghyun asked, seeing how Kibum took a step back and looked at him not knowing what to say. “Kibum, I don’t know where is Minho, but you have to let him go if that’s what he wants.”

“How do you know what he wants? You barely know him.” Key refused to believe in Jonghyun’s words. What did he know about Minho to say such a thing?

“Well, let’s think. If you are asking me where he is, it means that he didn’t tell you he was leaving. And it means, in my opinion, that he doesn’t want you to try to find him. Does it make any sense for you?”

“No.” He still couldn’t believe it. What did he do for Minho to hate him that much? “You did something to him. That day, he wasn’t his normal self. And you were there. I’m pretty sure it’s your entire fault. Tell me where is he. I need to talk to him.”

“I already told you that I don’t know. And now, if you don’t mind, I have important things to do.” Jonghyun said, leaving Kibum alone in the hallway, as he disappeared into one of the classrooms.

Kibum couldn’t move. What if Jonghyun was right and Minho didn’t want to see him anymore? What if he couldn’t talk to him ever again? His eyes were starting to swell with tears. It wasn’t true. Minho wouldn’t do that without talking to him first. He knew his best friend and he wasn’t like this. Why was Jonghyun saying those hurtful words? Was he trying to hurt him? But why? What did he gain with that?

“Hey, are you okay?” Woohyun asked, appearing at Kibum’s side and passing an arm around his shoulders, bringing him to the present. “What happened?”

“Nothing.” Kibum managed to smile to his friend. “Don’t worry.”

“Hm, if you say so.” He said, still holding him. “Let’s go. We’re already late for classes.”

**

Jonghyun felt his body fell forward, landing on Taemin’s chest. He breathed heavily, the scent of blood invading his nose. There were still some drops of it on Taemin’s skin and Jonghyun latched his mouth, once again, on the other vampire’s skin, feeling him shiver under him. His teeth tore Taemin’s chest, right above his , on some more blood, making him moan again.

Hands roamed through his back and closed themselves in his white hair, pulling his head back, making him let go and remove his mouth. Jonghyun looked up at the other, his lips and grinned.

“At this rate, you’re going to drain me.”

Jonghyun sighed and fell on the other side of Taemin’s body, looking at the ceiling. “That’s an appealing idea.”

“And then, you’d lose your favorite minion.”

“Don’t flatter yourself, Taemin. You’re not that good.”

Taemin rolled on the bed, tangling his body with the sheets and appeared on Jonghyun’s line of sight. “What’s going on with you? You seem out of it lately.”

“Nope, not having this conversation with you.” Jonghyun said, pushing the other to the side and sat up on the bed. “How are things going with Kibum? You did what I told you?”

“I did more than that.” Taemin looked smug. “We’re friends now. Kind of.” When Jonghyun lifted an eyebrow, Taemin knew he had to continue. “We have a study group. He’s going to tutor us.”

“Us? Who’s us?”

Taemin followed Jonghyun with his eyes while the other started to put some clothes on. “Us as in Kibum, Jimin and me.”

“What? Why is Jimin involved in this?” Jonghyun asked, bewildered. “I thought you could do it on your own.”

Taemin rolled his eyes, making himself comfortable on the pillows. “Think a little, Jonghyun. I need to have school mates. He thinks I’m still on high school.”

Before Jonghyun could answer, they both heard the front door open and close. There were footsteps in the opposite direction of the room they were in but then they ceased and began getting closer to the door. The person outside paused when he reached the door but suddenly grabbed the knob and turned it.

“I thought I had smelled trash and I was right.” Minho said in the doorway, glancing at Taemin but turning his attention to Jonghyun. “Why do you insist on him, Jonghyun?”

“It’s always a pleasure to see you too, Minho.” Taemin said, ignoring the insult and fake smiling at the other vampire. “You have such a way with words.”

“Shut up.”

“It’s a shame you friend Kibum can’t see you right now, he would be so proud.” He continued, knowing he was pushing the right buttons. “Don’t worry, though, I’ve been keeping him company and now he’s going to have another person to be proud of.”

Minho growled and launched himself at Taemin, being stopped in the last second by Jonghyun. “Don’t you dare touch him, you hear me? I’ll kill you myself if I know you did something to him.”

“Minho, stop.”

“Why did you have to put him in charge of watching Kibum?” Minho demanded, pushing Jonghyun away. “Why him?”

“Because I trust him.” Jonghyun said, with finality in his voice. “I trust him, okay? Now, back off.”

Minho looked at Taemin, disgusted, and then at Jonghyun, shaking his head. “I’m sure you’ll be disappointed.”

The tall vampire shook Jonghyun’s hand of his arm and left the room, without another word. Jonghyun watched him leave and sighed, turning back to Taemin. Knowing what was about to come, he rolled his eyes, got up from the bed and dressed his clothes, disappearing into thin air the next second like he had never been there. Jonghyun groaned and let him body fall face fist into the mattress. They had only come back that day and the problems had already begun.

Jonghyun couldn’t wait for the next days.

 

Some of you thought it was Jinki that he saw but it turned out it was Jonghyun. And not with good news, right?

And Taemin also appeared! As for the little Jongtae moment we had there, you don't need to worry about it because it won't interfere with the Jongyu in this story. Although, taemin plays a really important part in Jonghyun's life after he turned into a vampire. But you'll learn more about that in the next chapters :)

As I always say, thank for you commenting, subscribing and reading this story. I hope you're still liking it and tell me what you think <3