Chapter 23

Within The Night

Kibum was walking for a long time already. He was supposed to go home and try to think about something he could do to fix the situation, since that was no way he was going to give up like that. He needed some fresh air to help him think. Why would Jonghyun do that to them? Why was everyone against them? Even Taemin, who was supposed to be his friend.

“This makes no sense.” He said to himself, looking for his phone.  He found it on his pocket, and looked at the screen. He wanted to call Taemin and yell at him because it was all his fault, but he knew that it was not going to help, so he decided to just text Minho and wait for him to answer.

 

              To: Minho

              What do we do now? You better ignore Jonghyun.

 

He waited some minutes but he got no answer, so he decided to add something, texting him again.

 

              To: Minho

              Don’t leave me again, idiot.

 

He was so angry, and the damn tears wouldn’t stop roll down his face. He was so distracted with his own thoughts, that only when a hand landed on his forearm, did he notice that he attracted some attention. There was a young man looking at him, with eyes filled with concern.

“Sorry, I- Are you okay?” The man asked, still looking at him.

“What? Yes, I’m fine.” Kibum felt something inside of him that told him that it should get away from the man, so he tried to avoid him and kept walking.

“Are you sure? You’ve been crying for a long time.” The man followed him, touching his arm again.

“Don’t worry, I’m okay.” He said, pushing him. He was feeling angrier now, and he was sure that if that person kept following him he would end up doing something he didn’t want to.

“If you need something just-“ He continued, being interrupted when Kibum stopped and grabbed him by his shirt.

“I said I’m fine. Why are you still bothering me?”

“I-I'm sorry. Let me go please, you’re hurting me.”

“If I let you go, you’re going to keep following me and asking questions.”

“No. Please. I wa-was just worried. S-sorry.”

“And I’m just having fun now.”

Furious with all the things he was feeling, Kibum pushed the man and he ended up on the floor, falling on his . He laughed at how ridiculous the other looked and stepped on his foot, making it hard for the man to get up.

At first, Kibum was actually having fun, seeing the man on the floor but after a while he started to feel strange again. There was something inside of him. The same thing that made him feel the urge to hurt whoever decided to talk to him.

“Oh God.” Kibum said, when he finally came back to his senses. “W-What? What am I doing? I’m so sorry. I don’t know what happened. Are you okay?” He asked, observing the young man, looking for injuries. He continued to ask questions, but the man got up and started to run in the opposite direction with a scared face.

What was he doing? That person was trying to help him and he just got mad at him and started to beat him. Something was wrong, really wrong. Not knowing what else to do, Kibum decided that it was time to go home and talk to his grandmother.      

**

“Grandma!” Kibum called, as soon as he passed the entrance door. “Are you home?”

“Of course I am Kibummie. Do you want to eat something? I’m baking a cake, but it will take a little longer.”

The old lady continued to speak from the kitchen while Kibum walked to where she was. He needed someone to talk to, someone he could trust. He was going insane with all of those mixed emotions.

“I just beat someone.”

“What are you talking about?” The old lady turned to him a little bewildered. “Who?”

“I don’t know. What is happening to me?”

His grandma quickly stopped what she was doing and walked to the living room, holding Kibum’s hand to make him follow her.

“Tell me what happened, sweetheart.”

Kibum took a deep breath and sat down on the couch with the other, still grasping her hand to seek comfort.

“It was when Minho didn’t answer my texts. I was angry, but when he didn’t reply I felt even angrier and I didn’t know what to do to stop it. I was crying and I didn’t know how to stop it too. And then, someone touched my arm and kept asking questions and-“

“Calm down, baby, you’re crying again.” His grandmother said, wiping his tears with her hand. “You’ll be fine.”

“Is that thing, isn’t it? It will never stop.”

“Don’t worry about it. You have to avoid those situations, you can’t get that mad.”

“I tried but- I think somehow I was enjoying hurting that man, and all he did was asking if I was okay.”

The older sighed and patted his hand. “Who were you angry at?”

“I’m not sure. Taemin. Jonghyun. Maybe Minho too?”

“Then that’s not so bad that you relieved your anger in a total stranger.”

“What do you mean?” Kibum asked, confused with what she said.

"Nothing.” She assured, smiling softly. “How did you feel? I mean, before the whole situation.”

“I felt that I should get away, I was getting nervous.”

“Good. Whenever you feel that, you just call me okay? It doesn’t matter where you are or where I am, or what time it is.”

Kibum nodded and placed his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes. The old lady smiled and cradled him in her arms. “I’m scared. I don’t want to feel like this ever again.”

“It’s going to be alright. Bummie.”  She promised, kissing his head. “Trust me.”

Once again, he nodded and inexplicably he started to feel a lot better. Maybe it helped talking about it or maybe it was the way his grandmother said how everything was going to be fine. Either way, Kibum felt much better than when he entered the house.

He was so relaxed that he was already drifting off to sleep, when he remember that he needed help to solve his biggest problem. He looked up at her and grimaced.

“What is it?”

“I need help.” He simply said, sighing. “They don’t let me talk to Minho.”

She smiled, kindly and shook her head. “Well, that didn’t stop you two before, right, Kibum?” When he opened his mouth to talk, she quickly continued. “I know he has been visiting you, I may be old but I’m not stupid.”

“I, uh… The thing is this time is different.” He chose to ignore the accusations (which were true) and continued to explain. “Jonghyun did something to him. Like… A rule that can’t be broken? I don’t know. What I know is that he said he won’t talk to me again.” He bit his lip, looking down. “And it must be really working because he doesn’t even answer my texts.”

“If that’s the case then ignoring what Jonghyun told him will be really difficult for Minho.” She said, fearing his reaction. “I fear it might even be impossible.”

“What?” He got up from the couch, alarmed. “It can’t be! I- Why do they keep doing this to us? Why is it so wrong for us to be friends? I don’t understand!” Kibum cried, pulling at his hair. “They won’t even explain it to us!”

“Bummie, calm down.” The woman tried, grabbing his hands and pulling him back to the couch. “I can help you but I want you to think first. Do you really think it’s alright that you two-

“You’re also against us?” He didn’t even let her finish talking. “What is wrong with you all?”

“Kim Kibum, you listen to me!” She exclaimed, and he stared at her. “I’m not against you two being together. I’m worried, just as your and his friends are. He’s a vampire, Kibum. A new one.”

“He’s not new, he’s-“

She glared at him and it made him effectively shut up. “He’s a vampire and you’re a human. I don’t think it’s a very wise combination. He might hurt you… None of us want that.”

“He won’t hurt me. Minho would never do anything to hurt me.”

“Not intentionally.” She sighed, caressing his cheek. “But what if he one day just loses control?”

“He won’t. He won’t do it, I trust him.”

The old lady stared at him and saw how confident he was in those words. She couldn’t just say no to him without even trying to help.

“Then I’ll help you.” She said, after a while. “I’ll help you, okay? But you have to be patient and do as I say.”

“I’ll do it. Thank you. Thank you so much.”­

 

Hey guys, I'm back.

Not that I was away anyway but I only had time to post the chapter and nothing else. Now that school's over, I'll have more time and I'll start asnwering your comments again :) I'm really happy to see that you still follow this story and I'm really grateful for all the comments and subscribers! Thank yoooou ~