Chapter 18

Within The Night

The bell was ringing like crazy and it was making Jonghyun’s headache. He was supposed to be resting after a long day of running around the town and fighting all his instincts to feed on someone. He had to wait until it was dark outside so he could drink some human blood and then he had to use his powers to make the man forget everything that happened.

Since he annoying sound didn’t have intentions to stop, Jonghyun got up from his bed, stomping angrily on the floor to reach the front door but before he could even open his bedroom door, he heard some hurried footsteps. Trying his best to not make any type of sound, Jonghyun opened the door and peered outside, founding Minho with his back him.

“What are you doing here? Are you out of your mind?”

“I needed to see you.” A second voice that Jonghyun immediately recognized as Kibum said. “I can’t be away from you.”

“You can’t come here, Kibum.”

Jonghyun wanted to leave his room but something told him to stay and see what was going to happen. He waited in the dark by his bedroom door and listened to their exchange.

“Minho, I missed you so much. Why are you doing this to me?”

“Why are you doing this, Kibum?” Minho almost shouted, angry. “What part didn’t you understand? We can’t do this…”

Jonghyun saw how Kibum took a hesitant step towards the other and put his hand on the other’s forearm. Minho swallowed hard but didn’t make a move to create some distance between the two of them.

“Please, Minho, let’s just talk.”

Minho sighed and stepped aside to let him in. “Come on in, but you have to be quiet.”

Jonghyun frowned at those words but didn’t move. He wanted to watch until the end, to see how far they would go.

“I missed you.” Kibum confessed before throwing his arms around Minho and encaging him in a hug. “Never leave me again.”

"I won’t.”

Minho stared at Kibum’s eyes and leaned forward as Jonghyun almost gasped. Was Minho really about to do what Jonghyun was thinking? What was wrong with him? Didn’t he ask him to stop seeing Kibum?

Jonghyun watched, wide eyed, as Minho gently grabbed Kibum’s chin and tilted his head a little to the right, leaning closer to the other. The both of them had their eyes closed and their faces were getting closer and closer by second.

In the last instant, Kibum gasped and pulled back, staring at Minho, bewildered. “Oh my god… What…”

“I’m sorry, Kibum, I shouldn’t… I’m so sorry, I-“

“Please, give me a cup of water.”

Minho stared at him but then nodded and went running to the kitchen.      

When Kibum was sure he was away, he scoffed and rolled his eyes, letting his body fall on the couch. “What a loser.” He picked a small container from the inside of this jacket and stared at the liquid inside it for a while, rolling the bottle on his hand. “Let’s see how long you’ll last after you taste this.”

Laughing, Kibum drank what was inside the bottle, leaving Jonghyun very confused.

He waited until Minho was back and sat besides Kibum, giving him the cup of water while his back, lovingly. “I’m sorry for that, Kibum. I didn’t mean to… I mean, I wanted to but it was wrong of me since I didn’t know if you wanted it too…”

“Don’t… don’t apologize.” Kibum said, looking at the ground and then at Minho. “I want to ask you something.”

“You can ask me anything.”

“Anything?”

Minho nodded, very certain of what he was saying. “Of course, Kibum.”

Kibum hesitantly took Minho’s hand and closed his eyes, making Jonghyun frown. He couldn’t sense any emotion close to fear so Kibum had to be faking it. But why? What was he about to say that require him to be nervous when he wasn’t?

“Bite me, Minho.”

What?, Jonghyun screamed inside his head at the same time that Minho.

“What are you saying, Kibum? Are you out of your mind?” Minho was astonished with the request, looking at Kibum like he couldn’t believe what he had heard. “I could kill you.”

“No.” Kibum denied, taking Minho’s hands, instantly calming him. “I’m sure you won’t. You wouldn’t hurt me, Minho.”

“Kibum-“

“I trust you.” He whispered, caressing his face. “I know you want to. I’m giving you what you want, Minho.”

Minho shook his head. “It’s not like this, I-“

“Just a taste. If you start taking too much, I’ll stop you.” The human said, staring into Minho’s eyes. “You know I will. Trust me like I trust you.”

“Kibum, I do trust you but-“

“Then do it.” He pulled the scarf away and showed his neck and even Jonghyun was suddenly able to hear his blood pulsating in his veins. “Come on, Minho.”

Entranced, Minho leaned forward into Kibum private space and grabbed his chin again. He looked at the other and when he nodded, he pressed his nose against the pale skin of Kibum’s neck, taking a deep breath.

Jonghyun could sense all that was going on on Minho’s mind and how he was still uncertain of what he was doing. The moment Kibum touched his hair, the hesitation faded and his fangs pierced through the skin, making the human gasp in pain.

That was the moment Jonghyun decided to step in, to stop Minho from drinking, because he finally realized what Kibum wanted with all of this.

When he appeared in the doorway, Kibum looked straight at him and smirked, like he knew he had been listening all along.

“Minho, stop!” Jonghyun tried to scream but his voice got caught in his throat.

However, it seemed that Minho felt his presence because he tried to pull back and looked behind him.

Before he could do it, Kibum leaned his face on Minho’s head and his hair. “Keep going, Minho, there’s nothing to be afraid of. No one’s going to listen to us.”

“Kibum, stop! Why are you doing this?” Jonghyun tried again, desperate. “Let him go! You’re going to kill him!”

While Jonghyun struggled to talk, Kibum only stared at him and smiled, occasionally Minho’s hair and face.

“You’re a good boy.” He cooed at Minho. “Isn’t it the best blood you’ve ever tasted?”

“Kibum, please! He’s going to die!”

Suddenly, Minho gasped for air, pulling away from Kibum’s neck and collapsed on the floor.

Jonghyun stared, horrified at the body, while Kibum laughed and leaned back on the couch, wiping his neck. “Oops, I guess he already did.”

“NO! NO!”

 

Jonghyun woke up screaming, drenched in cold sweat.