Chapter 24

Within The Night

“Thank you for coming today.”

Jinki stopped dead in his track after hearing Jonghyun speak so softly. He almost didn’t hear the other but the turned around to face him with a stoic expression on his face.

“I didn’t do it for you.” Jinki loudly said staring at Jonghyun’s eyes. “Just so you know.”

Jonghyun shrugged, already expecting that answer. “I’m glad you came, either way.”

“You are? Why?” He wanted to know. “I didn’t even do anything.”

“It’s just… it was nice of you.”

Jinki hummed, not convinced but then sighed. “If that’s all… I’m going to leave now.”

“Okay. I’ll see…” Jonghyun stopped himself before he finished the sentence. “No, never mind.”

Jinki gave him a little nod and turned around, heading for the door. Jonghyun watched him go without doing anything although he had a strong urge to stop Jinki from leaving so he could talk to him a little more.

It had been a while they’ve talked without wanting to slit each other’s throats open.

As if hearing his thoughts, Jinki stopped but didn’t turn, he kept facing the door. “Jonghyun? Have you been sleeping well?”

The other lifted an eyebrow, confused as to why was he asking that. “Why do you ask?”

“Nothing, forget I said something.” The older shook his head and silence fell between them once again. Until Jinki broke it. “Jonghyun, you did well today. That was the right thing to do.”

He nodded, satisfied with himself and then finally decided to leave. He grabbed the door handle to open it when he felt a hand on his arm, making him stop again.

“Wait!”

“What is it?”

"How do you know about that?”

Jinki tensed, knowing what he was talking about. “About what?”

“The fact that I haven’t been sleeping well.” Jonghyun muttered. “Was it real?”

“No.”

“It was. You were here with me. Otherwise, how would you even know what I’m talking about?”

Jinki shook Jonghyun’s hand from his arm and turned around. “Forget it. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yes, you do. Why were you here? Don’t lie!”

Jinki huffed, realizing that there was no use in lying anymore. Jonghyun was very much aware of the fact that he had been, indeed, with him a few nights ago. “Fine, I was here. Are you happy? Can I go now?”

“Why?”

“Just because.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and grabbed his arm again, preventing him from moving. “You really don’t think I’ll let you go like this, right?”

"It doesn’t matter. I’m going to leave anyway.”

“Why are you so difficult, Jinki?”

“Let me go and you won’t have to deal with it anymore.”

“You’re so frustrating!” Jonghyun growled, grabbing Jinki’s chin, leaning over him. Jinki did his best to get away from the other, but he was trapped between his body and the door so there was no way to escape what he knew was coming.

“Don’t you even think about it!” He screamed, serious.

Jonghyun scoffed and locked his lips with Jinki’s that immediately responded to him. He took a step forward and Jinki’s back hit the wall, making him gasp and put his hands on Jonghyun’s neck. Suddenly, there was a loud crash and the both of them jumped apart, looking back.

“Oh, I keep interrupting people today.” Taemin said, but he didn’t look sorry at all. “Well, I’m sure you’re interested in what I’m about to tell you.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, trying not to ask Taemin to go away and come back later, as he saw the other moving to his couch. Slowly, Jonghyun pulled away from Jinki, who he was sure was ready to argue with him.

“So?” Jinki asked, looking at Taemin, waiting for him to talk.

“Speak.” Jonghyun hurried him, crossing his arms.

“Hm, I saw Kibum outside.” Taemin started, looking from Jinki to Jonghyun to decide what to say.

“Are you going to speak or what?” Jonghyun was starting to get nervous and he didn’t know why.

“As I was saying, I saw Kibum and he… well, he was beating someone.” Taemin finally said, noticing how scared Jonghyun looked.

“What are you talking about?” Jinki asked, since none of the other two decided to keep talking.

“I don’t know. I was following him because he left like that and then someone appeared and touched his arm and he just started to beat him.” He explained as Jonghyun started to shake. “I was going to do something but, suddenly, he stopped and he looked, terrified, to the person on the floor and started to apologize.”

“And what did he do next?” Jinki kept asking, holding Jonghyun’s arm since the younger wasn’t feeling well.

“Nothing. I think he went home.”

“Something is wrong with him, I knew it.” Jonghyun whispered, making the other two look at him. “We have to do something.”

“What do you mean?” Jinki asked, interrupting Taemin, who was ready to ask the same question.

“I’m not sure, but we have to be careful. He’s going to hurt Minho.”

“Minho? I thought you ordered him not to be with him.” Taemin said, confused.

“I did. But I can’t do anything about Kibum.”

**

Minho was trying to concentrate in anything but the conversation between Jonghyun, Jinki and Taemin. At first, he wasn’t paying attention because he was really angry and was thinking in a way to undo what Jonghyun did to him. But then, he heard Taemin’s voice talking about Kibum, and all his attention was now on the younger.

How could he believe that Kibum had beaten someone? It wasn’t possible and it was, definitely, a lie. But why was Taemin lying? Wasn’t it enough what he had already done?

Minho kept hearing the conversation. Jonghyun seemed to be nervous and it was making him uncomfortable. Why was Jonghyun so scared and why was he so sure that Kibum was going to hurt him?

Minho’s thoughts were interrupted when his phone beeped again. He looked at the screen just to find 5 unread messages from Kibum.

 

              To: Minho

              Hey. Why are you still ignoring my texts?

 

              To: Minho

              Minho, don’t do this. I’ll talk to my grandmother and we’ll find a way.

 

              To: Minho

              Can I call you? I just did something terrible.

 

              To: Minho

              Please answer your phone. I think something’s wrong with me, I need to talk to you.

 

              To: Minho

              Ok, fine. I’ll stop bothering you. Just let me know when you think for yourself again.

 

Minho tried, once again, to answer with no success. It was like something was physically preventing him from moving his fingers and type a reply to Kibum. He suspected it had everything to do with Jonghyun and his ridiculous order.

Restless, Minho got up from his bed and walked around his room, trying to find a way, a solution for his problem. He wanted to reply since he could tell that the other was in need to talk but he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

Huffing, he went to Krystal’s room, not bothering knocking.

Minho opened the door and she was turned in his direction, already waiting for him. He pouted and almost ran to her bed, laying on it besides the girl.

“I need your help.”

Krystal smiled at him. “Anything.”

“Help me talk to Kibum.” ­

 

 

There's some Jongyu like I said last time! But there's even more to come.

Also, Krystal babe to the rescue!