Chapter 32

Within The Night

Kibum and Minho were walking down the road at night, having left Minho’s house after discussing the Zhou Mi problem with everyone. They didn’t come to any agreement simply because they didn’t even know what to expect from him and Jinki’s father.

Everyone was scared but they decided that they could only figure out what to do when they knew more about it. Jinki had some contacts and was going to try to gain more information but until then they could only be careful.

“Minho…” Kibum called, putting an end to the silence. “Aren’t you scared?”

“Of course I am, but I don’t think we should be worried.” When Kibum gave him a funny look, he quickly explained. “I mean, I don’t think they’re coming for us, you know? Their target is Jonghyun.”

“Well, but aren’t we going to help?”

“Of course, I’m not leaving Jonghyun alone and unprotected.”

Kibum searched for his hand and laced their fingers. “He does have Jinki, though. That has to count as something, right?”

“I hope so. Even though, I…” He hesitated before continuing because Minho knew how his boyfriend felt about their friend. “I don’t fully trust him yet. Not after everything he did.”

“Like what?” Kibum asked, interested.

“I’m not 100% sure, of course, but I think he was the one who deleted the voice message I left you the day I left for America.”

Kibum scoffed and his grip on Minho’s hand tightened. “I’m going to make him pay.”

“Bum, come on, relax. It’s not that big of a deal now since it didn’t work and we’re together, right?”

“It’s not that- It’s not that big of a deal? Seriously, Minho?” He became agitated and let go of Minho’s hand to stop in the middle of the sidewalk and look at him properly. “How can you say that? He’s spent the last year trying to bring us apart and it’s not that big of a deal? Did you know he had a crush on you?”

“What?” Minho was honestly surprised.

“Yeah, maybe he has been trying to separate us all along!”

“Kibum, you’re being unreasonable.” Minho tried to grab his hand to make him calm down but the other flinched when he touched him. “What’s wrong?”

Kibum stared at him with wide eyes. “Get away from me.”

“Kibum-“

“Get away from me, Minho or I’m going to hurt you.” He screamed, his breathing erratic while he clenched his fists. “I need- I need to go home. I’m not going to make it… This is too much and I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

Minho stood helpless by the side, staring at him. “I can take you home.”

“No!” Kibum denied the help and looked at him so quickly that an invisible force sent him through the air making his body collide with a wall of some building. “Oh my god, I’m- No, no, I’m not sorry. It’s what you deserve for treating the threats to our relationship so lightly.”

Minho was still leaning on the wall from the impact when Kibum started to walk towards him. He quickly stood up and lifted his hands to show he was not trying to do anything against him.

“Kibum, that’s not you talking, it’s the curse.”

He laughed out loud while he was still approaching. “What do you know about it?” He reached for his hair and pulled. “Ah, I hate this. I hate that you make me think about what I’m about to do. How do you do it?”

The moment he closed his eyes and turned his head to the side, Minho took advantage of it and quickly locked him in his arms, holding him against the wall. Kibum tried to fight it but since he was caught unexpectedly there was nothing he could do. Minho was physically stronger than him and not even his magic could help him since he was too preoccupied with getting away.

“Listen to me.” Minho tried but the other kept fighting and mumbling incoherent stuff. “Kibum, you need help, you can’t go on like this. It has to be something that you grandmother can do.”

"Let me go, Minho.”

Minho shook his head and caressed his scalp. “Bummie, I can’t do that and you know it. If you don’t stop moving, I’ll have to make you stop with force and I don’t want to. Will you look at me?”

“No! No, I won’t because I always feel bad when I do!”

That hurt more than what Minho led on but he knew he wasn’t really Kibum who was talking. “I’ll take you home, okay? We’ll make it there real quick and you’ll rest.”

“I don’t want you to take me anywhere, don’t you understand? I-“

Suddenly Kibum couldn’t speak because everything was passing through him at an inhuman speed and he knew Minho was making use of his capabilities to make them reach his house faster. That made warmth spread on his stomach but it wasn’t nearly enough to tune down the urge he had to hurt someone.

“We’re here already.” Minho announced but didn’t let him take a look. “You’re sticking with me while I search for you grandma.”

“It’s not like I have many options seeing how you’re set on not letting me go. I’m going to suffocate and-“

"Ah, baby, I knew you were in danger.” Rushed footsteps and an old lady’s voice were heard and Kibum was able to see again when Minho stepped aside. “Here, take this. It’s going to help.”

Kibum stared at the seed that the woman was offering him and pondered if he wanted it or not. Before he could think too much about it though, Minho took the seed and it into his mouth and gave him a cup of water next, making him swallow it.

“See? It wasn’t that hard, was it?” Minho was smiling at him and he wanted to wipe the smile off his face. “Thank you, Ms. Kim.”

The old lady caressed his face and smiled. “No need to thank, Minho, you’re taking great care of my grandson. I’m the one who’s thankful.”

“Can you please stop talking like I’m not-“ He stopped himself because suddenly dizziness overpowered him. “I’m not feeling too good.”

“That’s the seed’s effect.” She explained and he had trouble figuring out what she said. “Minho, can you please take him to his room? He will need the rest.”

“Yeah, don’t worry. I’ll take him.”

Just as Minho said those words, Kibum’s body fell forward but was caught by the vampire who lifted him easily. He leaned his head on Minho’s chest and listened to his heartbeat, feeling his consciousness slipping further and further away from him.

When Minho slipped Kibum into the bed, he was already sleeping, a troubled expression on his face. Minho smiled fondly and tried to smooth the creases on Kibum’s forehead with his thumb. When the other scrunched his nose, he chuckled and kissed his head, standing up to leave the bedroom.

“Minho?” Kibum’s grandmother called, outside the bedroom, like she’s been waiting for him. “You’re going to leave?”

“I have to go home.”

“Don’t you want to stay? I would be more relaxed if I knew you were here.”

Minho stared at her and her worried eyes and nodded. “Yes, I can stay here. Do I sleep on the couch?”

“Nonsense! Sleep here with Kibummie, I’m sure he won’t mind.” She winked but then turned serious. “I don’t know how much longer he will stand it. I’m starting to think we’ll have to use some extreme moves.”

“I don’t understand.”

She patted his arm and smiled. “Let’s not worry about this right now. Here’s another tea and another stone for him.” Minho took what she was giving him and bowed. “Make sure you drink this and give the stone to Kibum when he wakes up.”

“What about you?” He was confused as to why she was telling him this.

“I’m going to be away tomorrow, I need to find out how can I help him more. But I trust you to take care of him, Minho.” She smiled and hugged him. “Goodnight.”

She disappeared for her bedroom and Minho got back to Kibum’s where the latter was still sleeping soundlessly. He squeezed the stone in his hand and then put it on the bedside table, next to Kibum.

Quickly taking off his pants and his jacket, Minho slipped into bed, behind his boyfriend. He leaned on his elbow so he could hover over the other and look at him sleeping. When he began to feel too much like a creepy person, he lied down on the bed with his arm around Kibum, holding him close to his body.

 

We're getting closer and closer to the end!

Thank you all for being on that side <3