Chapter 13

Within The Night

“When do you want to study? Every Wednesday and Friday after school?” Kibum asked, continuing to show his house to Taemin and Jimin. “Now that you know where I live, it’s easier for you to come here.”

“I don’t think I’m available; I need to check with my secretary.” Taemin said, laughing and sitting on a chair in the kitchen.  “We should study here, next to the fridge.”

“Hm, so is it decided? Wednesdays and Fridays?” Jimin asked, paying too much attention to Kibum and ignoring Taemin. “And what are we going to study at Wednesdays? Math?”

"We’re going to decided it later, isn’t it better?” Kibum looked at Taemin, who was anything but worried with the studies. “Taemin, what do you think?”

“I think that you both worry too much.”

Kibum rolled his eyes and hit Taemin’s forehead making the younger open his eyes. “Focus. Tell us what you think. Are you okay with those two days?”

“I’m okay with whatever you decide, Kibum. You know I’m only here to see you.”

Jimin suddenly coughed and both of them looked at him. “H-hyung, what are you saying?”

“The truth.” Taemin sighed and stood up, throwing an arm over Jimin’s shoulders. “So is everything decided? Can you leave now?”

“Hyung!”

“Taemin, stop that.” Kibum asked, smacking his head. “You’ll both leave. I have things to do.”

“Are you kicking us out? I’m going to be very hurt, if that’s the case.”

Kibum laughed and shook his head. “Don’t be an idiot. I need to rest, I’m tired.”

“Okay, okay. We understand.”

The two boys packed their belongings and began to head to the door. Kibum followed after them and waved at the two until they were already out of the house. He closed the door, tired and decided to go to his bedroom to relax since he was still alone. His grandmother was nowhere to be seen and his mother was still at work.

Kibum jumped two steps at a time and soon he was entering his own room. Just as he opened the door, he closed it again, screaming at the same time.

There was someone inside his room. He could hear their steps nearing the door and he looked everywhere, trying to find something to defend himself with.

“Kibum? It’s just me…”

“M-Minho?” He muttered, not believe his ears and opening the door, finding the other staring at him. “How-What are you doing here?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“How did you even get in here?" He asked but then shook his head violently. "It doesn’t matter, I want you to leave.”

“Kibum, please, let me talk to you.”

“Who do you think you are? You think you can just appear here out of nowhere and make me listen to you? When before you said you didn’t want to talk to me again?”

“I’m sorry, I was forced to say that.”

Kibum rolled his eyes. “Do you think I’m that stupid?”

“I’m being serious. Listen to me-“

“Enough! Shut up! Get out of my house!” Kibum began to him out of the room, pushing his shoulders. “I don’t want to hear anything from you.”

Minho turned around so fast that Kibum’s eyes didn’t even catch the move and grabbed his wrists. “God, you’re as stubborn as ever. Please, listen to me this once.”

Kibum tried to free his wrists from Minho’s grip to not avail. “Let go of me.”

“Only if you promise you’re letting me stay.”

“No.”

“Then I’ll talk to you like this.” Minho wiggled his fingers, trying to make his point. “Why do you act like you don’t know anything about me leaving? I left you a message after that night.”

“Have you gone completely insane? When did you leave a message? I had to go months without knowing anything about you.”

“I left you a voicemail message the night I left the country.”

“No, you didn’t.” Kibum snarled, tugging his arms and finally setting them free. “You’re wasting my time, Minho. If you don’t have nothing to say, leave.”

“Who were you with that night? After you left my apartment?”

Kibum scoffed and turned his back on the other. “You’re unbelievable.” Suddenly Minho was in front of him and Kibum squealed, taking a step back and looked behind his shoulder and the at the other again. “How-how did you do that? What’s going on?”

“Tell me who were you with, Kibum.”

“With Jinki hyung!” He cried, backing up against the wall and closing his eyes. “I was with Jinki hyung, okay? Please, don’t hurt me.”

“I won’t. I won’t hurt you ever again.” Minho promised and watched as Kibum opened his eyes again. “That’s why I had to leave.”

“What are you saying?”

“That night, I-I was not myself. Something happened to me.” The taller sighed and reached out to Kibum who flinched when he touched him. “I’m sure you’ll think I’m lying but I promise you I’m not. You’ll even think this is insane-“

“Just say it!”

“You sure you don’t want to sit?”

“Minho, just say what you need to say so that you can leave.”

“When we had the accident… I should’ve died that day. I was in no conditions of surviving.”

“But you did.”

“Yes, I did. All thanks to Jonghyun.” Minho concluded and the other raised an eyebrow. “Kibum, do you believe in mythical beings?”

Kibum’s eyes widened and he looked down. “What’s your point?”

“I’m immortal and I drink blood to live.”

“So… What you’re trying to say is that-that you’re a vampire?”

Minho was about to nod to confirm but before he could do anything, Kibum rested his hands on his shoulders and got close, having his body almost touching Minho’s. The vampire stood still out of shock and got really confused when he heard the other breathe in.

“Kibum?”

The call of his name made him return to reality and he pulled away from the other until they were at a respectable distance. “It’s true. You really are a vampire. That’s why you moved so fast or why you attacked me that night. You were hungry and I appeared and you lost control and- Was it because of me that you had to leave? And Jinki hyung… Does he know? He must because he’s a vampire as well and you have that weird scent… Oh my god, oh my god-“

“Hey, hey, Kibum!” Minho called grabbing a sense of what was happening. “Calm down. How do you even know all of this?”

“My grandma.” He explained, biting his lip and looking at Minho, launching himself at him in the next second, arms around the other. “Is this okay? I’ve missed you so much.”

Minho smiled and held his friend close, feeling happy to have him in his arms again. “This is more than okay, it’s everything I’ve wanted.”

“Don’t ever do this again. Promise me.” Kibum asked, tightening his hold on the other. “I wanted to kill you when you came back.”

“That’s not really helping.”

Kibum took advantage of his position to hit the other’s back. “Shut up, you wouldn’t die anyway. “

“I really missed you.” Minho confessed, kissing the side of Kibum’s head making him squirm in his hold. “I mean it.”

Kibum pulled back a little and looked up, smiling at his friend. “I know. Me too. But we have some things to talk about.”

 

 

Ohoh! So Kibum knows the truth about everything now. But that doesn't mean everything's going to be okay for them >.<

And, don't worry, we'll get back to Jongyu's past in the next chapters.