Chapter 5

Within The Night

Jinki refused to see Jonghyun since that conversation on the alley and that was the reason why he hadn’t seen Minho since the accident. Or the transformation.

That was why said Jinki couldn’t explain what led him to grab his keys, walk down the street where his car was parked and drive toward Minho’s house. He blamed his curiosity since he was dying to know how Minho was and to give him some support. The transformation wasn’t that easy. His senses would become really powerful. His emotions would be in overdrive. And his crave for blood was going to be the hardest thing to control.

Jinki wished more than anything that he could be there for Minho, by his side, to help him through that phase. But he just couldn’t force himself to be in the same place as Jonghyun. It reminded him too much of the past.

Lost in his thoughts, Jinki just noticed that he wasn’t alone when someone collided with him.

“Oh, I… Sorry.” Kibum said, looking at Jinki. “Jinki hyung? Oh thank God!”

“Kibum?” He answered, as surprised as the other was. “What are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be resting?”

“I guess.” Kibum seemed to be anxious, always looking over his shoulder.

“What happened?” Jinki noticed his voice trembling and could feel that he was scared. “Are you okay?” And it was enough for Kibum to let his tears roll down his face. Jinki didn’t know what to do, so he just hugged Kibum, letting him rest his head on his shoulder, waiting for him to calm down. “Are you hurt?”

“No, but I’m so scared.” The answer came a few minutes later. “And I’m confused. Minho, he-“

“Minho? Were you with him?” It was Jinki’s turn to get anxious. How was he even alive?

“Yeah, but I think he hates me.” Kibum’s eyes were tearing again but he made an effort to keep talking. “I missed him so much so I came to visit him. One second I was hugging him and in the next he… he bit me? I don’t know. Am I making any sense?”

“You need to go home, okay?” Jinki was so shocked that he wasn’t thinking straight anymore. Was Jonghyun insane? How could he have let this happen? Seeing Kibum looking at him with his eyes wide open he decided to add: “I’ll go with you.”

Jinki passed his arm around Kibum’s shoulders and they walked like that until they reach the car. Kibum stayed quiet, probably thinking and trying to find an explanation to what happened, so Jinki decided to do the same. He couldn’t understand how Kibum was still alive after seeing Minho. A vampire as young as he was didn’t have enough self-control to be near a human and not warm them.

Maybe Jonghyun had done something right for once and actually stopped Minho from taking it too far. Or else, Kibum wouldn’t be alive.

“Here we are.” Jinki said, showing a little smile when they reached Kibum’s house. “Go. You need to rest.”

“Jinki-hyung.” Kibum started, looking at his own hands and then glancing at the other person in the car. “Can you stay a little? My family’s already asleep and I don’t want to be alone. I need to talk with someone.”

“Sure.” Jinki looked at the clock, thinking that he would have to change his plans and visit Minho later. “No problem. Let’s go inside.”

“Thank you.”

The both of them got out of the vehicle and walked to Kibum’s house front door. The younger pulled his keys from his pocket and slip them through the hole, trying to make as little noise as possible. He really didn’t want to deal with his mother’s questions.

Kibum led them to his room and when they both were in there, he slowly closed the door and walked to his bed, sitting on it and sighing.

“What am I supposed to do?”

“You need to rest. Lie down and try to sleep.” Jinki explained, noticing that his friend was still clueless. “It’s late.”

“No. I was talking about Minho. What am I supposed to do now that he hates me?”

“He doesn’t hate you.”

“Of course he does! He tried to hurt me! If it wasn’t that guy who was with him, he would continue to look at me with that expression. I was so scared and yet I couldn’t believe it!”

“Kibum, stop.” Jinki said, trying to keep him from panicking again. “You just came back from the hospital, you can’t walk around and visit friends! Does your mother know that you went to Minho’s house?”

“Well, no… But she didn’t understand! I needed to know wha-”

“Okay, forget it.” He interrupted him again, pulling the blankets so that he could crawl under it. “Now try to sleep. I’ll stay here until you fall asleep to make sure that you’re not going anywhere.”

Jinki watched how Kibum closed his eyes but remained unsettled. He sat on the edge of the bed, with his back on the wall and stretched his arm, setting his hand on Kibum’s hair. The younger scooted closer to Jinki and when he touched Jinki’s leg with his hand, he sighed. After that, he only took him a few minutes to finally fall asleep. When Jinki was sure that he wasn’t waking up anytime soon, he slipped from his hold and stood up. 

Jinki quickly and soundlessly left the house. He still had a matter to take care of.

**

Jonghyun was resting on the couch after sending Minho off to sleep. He was reviving the events of the day and was glad how everything turned out kind of okay despite Minho having lost control of himself due to Kibum. There were no major consequences and he was happy for it, being the optimistic person he always had been.

He sighed, ready to doze off when he felt that presence again, that always made him tremble. "How rude of you to enter someone's home uninvited, Jinki."

"Where is he?" Jinki asked, without even bothering to answer.

"He's resting right now." Jonghyun informed seeing the other nod and taking the direction of the bedroom. In no time, Jonghyun was in front of him, blocking the way. "No, no, no, we don't want to wake him up, do we?"

"What have you done to him?"

Jonghyun scoffed, smirking. "Me? I saved his life."

"No! You ruined it! Don't you understand? Don't you remember how hard this whole thing is? I can't even imagine how much he's suffering without anyone to guide him, to help him, to teach him."

"I beg to differ, Jinki. I think he's quite pleased with me."

Jinki scoffed. "I highly doubt that."

"Yeah? Why so?"

"I saw Kibum getting out of here, crying.” He changed the subject, opting for not answering Jonghyun’s question. “He was so confused. What happened?"

"Oh, that was a little accident. We weren't expecting visitors, to be honest."

"What happened?" He repeated, growing impatient.

"Minho went a little out of control. I doubt it was only the thirst though. However, I think you know what I'm talking about."

"Why did you let him in, in the first place?"

"I didn't. Minho opened the door before I could stop him. He's a free spirit, let me tell you. Hardly does anything I ask him to but I like them that way, you know."

Jinki growled and grabbed Jonghyun by his collar. "Stop being a jerk. You're his sire, you better be teaching him the right things."

"Don't worry about me. I think I'm doing a good job."

"I'm not worried about you. I'm worried about Minho."

"I don't see why."

"You ruined his life!" He screamed on the other's face.

Having Jinki's face so close to his was a real challenge to Jonghyun.

Before he knew it, he closed the distance between their lips and joined them, kissing Jinki for the first time in many years.

Although it had passed a long time, to Jonghyun, the feeling was the same. Jinki still had the same soft lips as before. The only different thing was how they were not moving in sync with his. Suddenly he was pushed back and fell into the couch behind him. Jonghyun didn't have much time to think about what he did because in the next seconds, he was grabbed again by the collar of his t-shirt.

"Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again." Jinki roared.

With every word he pulled Jonghyun to him, making him collide with his body. The two of them were left in silence looking at each other's eyes, almost like they were having a staring contest. None of the two dared to move, afraid that if they did, something like what happened before would happen again.

Hours seemed to pass until Jinki, who had been having an interior battle with himself, slowly leaned in and caught Jonghyun's lips with his. The reaction was instantaneous.

The white haired vampire threw his arms around the other's neck, pulling him closer. Now that Jinki was the one that initiated the kiss, Jonghyun was not so cautious and let his feelings run free. He moaned involuntarily when Jinki left his lips and attached his mouth to his neck. His grip around Jinki slackened only to tighten in the next second when he felt the other's teeth brush against his skin.

Jonghyun couldn't care less if what they were about to do meant having him declare himself inferior to Jinki, he only wanted to feel the older vampire closer. When Jinki's teeth tore his skin and were buried in his neck, Jonghyun felt his legs give in and if it wasn't for Jinki's tight grip around his waist, he was sure he would have fell on the floor.

He couldn't help but moan at the sensation even when he felt his blood dripping from his neck. Jinki's head was right next to his and he closed his eyes because the image reminded him too much of what they had been in the past.

His hands slowly let go of the other's shoulders to merge with his hair, massing his scalp, listening to the little sounds of contentment that Jinki was making. The two of them were so lost in each other that only when they heard Jonghyun's name being called, did they noticed that they were not alone anymore.

In the doorway stood Minho, who must have been woken up by the noise, staring at them like they had grown two heads.

"Jinki-hyung?"

Hi guys! Here I am, back with another chapter...

Also, I wanted to talk about something. Since there's not a lot of feedback to this fic, I don't know if I should keep going on with it. The story is still unfinished but if there's no interest, I won't keep writing it. So yeah.... tell me what you think.