Chapter 4

Within The Night

“You want me to feed on you?” Minho asked, stunned, looking wide eyed at Jonghyun. “Again?”

Jonghyun shrugged and leaned on the couch with his arms crossed behind his head. “It’s either me or humans.”

“I’ve told you already, I’m not feeding on humans. There must be some way to-“

"Well, there is.” He interrupted, tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. Suddenly, Minho’s attention was all on him. “I can bring you some blood bags.”

“You mean to tell me that all this time, you had me feed on you when I could just drink some blood from a bag?” The taller one questioned, bewildered and Jonghyun just shrugged. “Never mind. That is actually perfect. Bring me some.”

Jonghyun groaned, throwing his head back. “Ugh, you’re so boring. Maybe I should’ve turn the other human instead, I’m pretty sure he-“ He was interrupted by Minho’s hand on his throat and his whole weight on top of him.

“Don’t you even think about it. Leave Kibum out of this.”

“Oh! I see!” Jonghyun snickered, pushing him to the side, making him fall on the ground. “That’s a sensitive topic for you.”

“Yeah, it is, so-“ Minho stopped talking, sniffling the air. He stood up and walked around, while Jonghyun arched an eyebrow. “Don’t you smell this?”

“What? I can’t smell anything.”

“This… this scent.” Minho said, walking towards the door. “It’s like it is calling for me.”

In no time, Jonghyun was in front of him, pushing him back, away from the door. “Whoa there, you can’t go outside. You’re not ready yet.”

“But what is this?”

“This, Minho, is your body craving for blood.”

Minho glanced at the door again and then back at Jonghyun. “But why? I’ve been-“

His words were interrupted by a knock on the door, followed by the bell ringing.

Minho only knew one person weird enough to knock and then ring the bell and when the realization dawned on him, he started to panic. His eyes grew twice in size and he grabbed Jonghyun’s shoulder, staring at him without knowing what to do.

“It’s Kibum.”

“I know. I recognized his scent.” He said and felt the hold on his shoulders getting tighter. “Don’t need to get all worked up. I’ve saw him before so I can tell it’s him by his blood’s smell, okay? Relax.”

“I can’t! He’s here and it’s driving me insane. What am I supposed to do?”

Jonghyun sighed and pushed Minho’s hand off his shoulders. “You have to act like you’re not here. You can’t see him, Minho, you’re not ready yet.”

Minho nodded, still feeling afraid. Nothing Jonghyun had said to him, could prepare him for this situation. The older vampire had said it would be a horrible experience but he didn’t expect it to be like what he was feeling. He could feel the need crawling through his skin and almost consuming him. Minho was sure that he wouldn’t be able to control it, considering how strong it felt. For the first time since he turned, he was actually glad that he had Jonghyun with him.

“Minho?” Kibum called from the other side of the door. “Are you in there?”

Minho froze and all of his attention was stolen. The only thing he could think of was Kibum’s voice and how fragile it sounded.

“Ignore it.”

“I know you probably are and don’t want to see me.” Kibum said and there was a long silence before he spoke again. “I’m sorry, Minho, I really am. I know the accident was my fault but… Why won’t you talk to me? Why didn’t you even visit me? Are you really that mad?” He kept throwing questions at the door. “You’ve never been mad with me, Minho. I don’t know what to do. No one tells me what happened to you. Jinki hyung just told me you didn’t need to go to the hospital but how can I believe it?” Minho could hear him sigh. “God, I miss you. I really do. I wish I could talk to you, I need to know what happened and-“

Before any of them had the time to process what was happening, Minho opened the door, interrupting Kibum. The latter stared at him, teary eyed and mouth hanging open in disbelief. He quickly wiped his eyes with his hoodie’s sleeve and his face broke into a smile.

“Minho.” He said and sighed, relieved. He then looked at the side where Jonghyun appeared, arching an eyebrow. “Who’s this?”

“I’m Jonghyun, his friend.” He presented himself, taking a step and standing in front of Minho, between him and Kibum, trying to create some kind of barrier. “You’re Kibum, I suppose?”

“Yes, I am. Minho’s best friend.” Kibum glanced over Jonghyun’s shoulder at Minho who was still quiet. “Can I come in?”

The answer came from Jonghyun. “No.”

“I wasn’t asking you, I was asking Minho.”

"Still, I think-“

Minho put a hand on his bicep and pushed him to the side. “No, let him in, Jonghyun, it’s okay.”

“Minho, I think you’re not-“

“It’s okay, Jonghyun.” He repeated, without taking his eyes from Kibum.

Defeated, Jonghyun sighed and walked to the side, letting Kibum enter the house. Minho closed the door behind them and quickly approached the only human in the room being, once again, struck with the other’s scent. He tried his best to act normal but when Kibum turned to look at him and smiled, he felt his resolve crumbling down. How was he supposed to resist the urge to sink his teeth on Kibum’s milky white skin?

Minho was so drowned in his thoughts that only when he felt Kibum’s body collide with his own in a hug, did he come back to reality.

His senses were in overdrive. Everything was Kibum. He could only see, smell, hear and feel Kibum, nothing else matter at that time for him. The only thing missing was tasting him. If only he could have a little taste of his blood.

Minho could feel his craving increase to crazy proportions in a matter of seconds and before he could control it, his canines grew and he was scratching Kibum’s neck with them, making a fine line of blood come out.

When a tiny little drop of blood fell on his tongue, Minho closed his eyes and rejoiced in the sensation, only wanting to drink more and more. However, Kibum’s body warmth was gone in an instant and when he opened his eyes again, the boy was in front of him, touching the scratch on his neck and wincing.

“What have you done?” He asked, eyes big with confusion. “Are you insane?”

"More.”

“Minho, no.” Jonghyun ordered but Minho was far too gone to listen to him. “You don’t want to hurt him.”

Kibum, upon hearing those words, looked at Jonghyun. “What’s going on?”

“You need to leave right now.” Jonghyun said, walking towards him but was thrown by Minho to the other side of the room. “Kibum, go!”

Kibum stared at Jonghyun, terrified, and then at Minho who was walking to him which made him walk back until his back collided with the front door. “Minho, what’s going on? Stop it, you’re scaring me.”

“You’re not going to leave.” He said, trapping the human between the door and his body. “You’re mine.” He spoke next to Kibum’s neck, feeling the other’s fear, grazing it with his nose. “All mine.”

“Minho.” Kibum called, eyes tightly closed, trembling. “Let me go. Please.”

Suddenly, Minho’s body was not next to his again and when he opened his eyes, he saw Jonghyun tackling him to the ground. Minho was wrestling to set free but apparently the shorter one was strong than him.

“Kibum, leave!” Jonghyun shouted, still holding the other one. When Kibum didn’t move, he groaned. “You need to leave now!”

Kibum shook his head and quickly picked up his things that were on the floor and opened the door. He looked back one more time to find them on the same position, with Minho looking at him with hunger and something more in his eyes. Terrified, the human leaved the place but the guilt of not helping his friend didn’t leave his mind. 

**

Inside of Minho’s apartment, a few minutes passed and not a sound was heard. Minho had given up fighting as soon as Kibum walked out of the door but Jonghyun still had a vice grip on him, afraid that if he let Minho go, he would go after Kibum.

“You can let me go now.” Minho said, staring at Jonghyun, completely defeated. “I’m serious, let me go!”

Jonghyun sighed and got up from the floor, extending his hand for Minho. When the other took it, he pushed him up. “What the hell is wrong with you? I told you, you weren’t ready, Minho!”

“I know, I know.”

“You need to listen to me to make this work and to learn how to control the hunger.”  Jonghyun continued his rant while Minho rubbed his wrists, out of habit. There was no pain, not anymore, but he felt the need to rub them like he would have if he was still human.

Even though a few minutes had passed since Kibum left, Minho could still feel him everywhere which meant he was still nearby. The human’s scent was embedded on his clothes and it was making his head dizzy again.

“I can hear his heartbeat. I can smell his blood. I can feel his presence.” Minho groaned, in pain, pulling his own hair. “Please, make it stop, Jonghyun, make it stop!”

In no time, Jonghyun was by his side. “Hey, hey, calm down.” He led Minho to the couch and grabbed his hands, pulling them away from his hair. “Let’s sit there for a while.”

“He was terrified. He’s never going to look for me again. What am I gonna do? I thought I was going to able to have my life back but after this…. What if I do this to every human I see?”

“You won’t.”

Minho opened his eyes to look at Jonghyun. “How do you know?”

“Remember when I told you that when you turn, your emotions are ten times stronger?” He asked, and when the other nodded, he continued. “Well, that’s what happened. Your longing for Kibum just increased.”

“My… what?” Minho blinked his eyes, in confusion.

“Minho, who are you kidding? I can feel your emotions and believe me, what happened now? It wasn’t only hunger.”

Minho gulped under Jonghyun’s teasing gaze and bit his lip, too embarrassed to say something. “I’m going to rest.”

“Alright.” Jonghyun shrugged and watched as the other got up from the couch and began to walk to his bedroom. “Hey, Minho!” He called and Minho looked at him over his shoulder. “Don’t worry too much, okay? You’ll get there.”

"I-“ He interrupted himself and gave him a little smile. “Thank you, Jonghyun.”

 

Here's another chapter :)

As always, I hope you like it and tell me what you think of it! Thank you.