Chapter 26

Within The Night

Minho was feeling more anxious as they were approaching Kibum’s house and he knew he wouldn’t be able to do it. It was Jonghyun’s order and he was getting nervous because he knew there was nothing he could do to stop it.

“Krystal?” He called, touching her arm. “I can’t go. Sorry, I know you’re trying to help, but I can’t meet Kibum.”

“Oh god, no way. We’re going; he’s waiting for us.” She said, continuing to walk, leaving Minho behind. “Minho, please.”

“I can’t even answer my phone! How am I supposed to just meet him like this? You know I can’t, you heard Jonghyun.”

“Ok, fine. Let’s find a place to eat something, we have to find a way to do this.” Krystal suggested, faster than Minho was expecting.

Still suspicious, Minho followed her to a Café, noticing that she was texting someone. When she looked at him, Minho tried to pretend he wasn’t paying attention, but it didn’t work.

“What?” She asked, arching an eyebrow.

“You’re texting Kibum?”

“Of course I am. Am I supposed to leave him there, waiting forever? I need to tell him that we’re going to be late, since you can’t.” She explained, rolling her eyes and choosing a table. “Do you want tea? You need to drink something to calm down.”

Minho nodded and continued to look at her, not knowing what to do. Krystal was thinking that a cup of tea was going to help, but it was clearly more difficult than that.

However, some minutes later, he was feeling much more relaxed. Talking with Krystal was really easy and helped him a lot. Since he met her that it had been like this and he was really thankful that she was trying to help him, once more.

“Krystal, I don’t think I can meet Kibum today. Can you call him and say that I’m really sorry?” Minho asked, noticing that his friend was always checking the clock. She should have things to do.

“Oh, finally!” Minho heard Krystal exclaiming, looking over his shoulder to the door, what made him look in the same direction. Just to regret it as soon as the saw Kibum in the door, looking at him with his expectant eyes. Minho felt a mix of emotions. At first, he was shocked by the new hair color of his friend. Bright red? What was he thinking? It was really unexpected and weird and incredibly hot.

“Kibum?” He managed to say when he noticed that he was making the other uncomfortable staring at him like that.

“Oh, you scared me.” Kibum said, finally walking in their direction. “I thought that you wouldn’t be able to talk to me.” He continued, making Krystal laugh. “What? I don’t know how does that order’s thing work.”

“You look good.” Minho said, surprising them. And surprising himself too. “Hm, I don’t think I can stay here much longer.”

“Oh, right.” Kibum said, trying to find something on his pockets. “Here! This is for you. My grandmother gave it to me, she says it might help.” He explained, giving an amulet to Minho. “Bring this with you whenever we meet.”

Minho accepted the amulet, looking at the little stone. Was it really going to help? He wasn’t feeling anything different yet.

“You’re not going to stare at the amulet forever, are you?” Kibum asked, sitting in front of him. “Oh, right!” He exclaimed, looking at Krystal. “Thank you for texting me. I had a feeling that he wouldn’t be able to go to my house.”

“So had I. That’s why I always have a plan B.” She winked. “Minho, how are you feeling?”

“Weird?” He tried, not knowing how to describe what he was feeling.

“Weird like… You’re about to run away?” She tried, smiling at him.

“No, I think I can stay.” Maybe the stone was helping anyway.

“Good. I’ll leave you two alone on your date.” She said, noticing how Minho moved on his chair. “But…” She continued, patting his shoulder. “If you need me, I’ll be here in 5 minutes.”

That was the last thing Krystal said before she disappeared, leaving them at the Café. Minho looked at Kibum, who was still smiling at him, and noticed that something was different in the way he was acting.

“What happened?” Minho asked, catching his attention. “Why did you decide to dye your hair?”

“Why?” He asked, concerned. “Doesn’t it look good? It is terrible, isn’t it?”

“Hm…” Minho was already regretting to ask. “No, it looks really good actually.” He was feeling his cheeks turning red so he decided to change the subject. “I saw your texts. What happened? You want to talk about it now?”

“Oh, Minho, you have no idea! Something is wrong with me. I beat someone. I was so upset when I left your home that I started to cry and there was nothing I could do to stop it. And then, suddenly, I was sad because you didn’t reply to me and someone touched my arm to ask if I needed something and all I could feel was anger and… I don’t know, I freaked out and I started to hit him. Oh my God, I was so ashamed.” He repeated the incident, nervous; with his eyes wide open. “Poor man, what did I do?”

“Hey, it’s okay now.” Minho said, holding his hand to make him stop shaking. “It’s fine, I’m here with you. And I’m sure the man is fine now.”

“What if I do this again? I couldn’t control it.” He said, squeezing Minho’s hand. “I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

“You won’t.” Minho assured him, leaning a little on the table. “I promise. I’ll be with you, okay?”

“O-okay.” He repeated, looking from Minho’s eyes to his lips and moving a little in his direction. “I’m not sure if-“ He was interrupted when Minho’s lips touched his. “Minho!”

“Sorry! I’m sorry. I just thought I-“ Minho widened his eyes, covering his mouth with his hand as Kibum touched his lips. “I’m sorry, Kibum. I don’t know what I was doing.”

Kibum, realizing what Minho was thinking, grabbed his hand and looked around. “It’s not that but… look at where we are. We can’t do this here.”

“Oh, right. Uh, it was just…”

“Yeah, I know.” Kibum laughed, still gripping the other’s hands and smiling at him. He was so in love. “Minho?”

“Hm?”

“What are we now?”

Minho’s eyes doubled in size and he coughed, having to let go of Kibum’s hand to clutch at his chest. That was a question he was not expecting to hear this soon. Amused by the reaction, the human got up from his seat and went to Minho’s side, patting his back while he continued to cough.

“I’m so-“

“Stop that. You keep apologizing today.” Kibum rolled his eyes, still patting Minho’s back. “What’s wrong with you? Are you going to change now that we’re not exactly friends anymore?”

Minho looked up, staring at the other’s amused eyes.

“Of course not.”

Kibum tried to fight the smile that was threatening to break through but he couldn’t seem to stop it. Not today, at least. He wanted to tell the whole world how happy he was but since he couldn’t do that he just smiled at the one in front of him.

“You should stop smiling, I really want to kiss you again.”

Kibum slapped the other’s arm making him laugh. “What are you saying?”

“Weren’t you the one who just asked me to be the same as before?”

“I didn’t ask you to be a hormonal fool.” Kibum retorted and then paused before continuing. “But then again, you’ve always been like this…”

“Yah, you hurt me when you’re like that, Kibummie.”

“Minho…” He called, looking at the other with hooded eyes, chin resting on his hand. Minho nodded and leaned in, smiling until Kibum put a hand on his forehead and pushed him back. “Control yourself.”

Minho pouted and leaned his head on his shoulder. “Is it so bad that I want to kiss you?”

“No. But it’s bad that you make me want to do it too. In public.”

Minho grinned, satisfied with the answer and grabbed Kibum’s hand, going back to laying his head on his shoulder. He was playing with the other’s fingers in complete silence when an idea crossed his mind.

He looked up making Kibum look at him. “Want to go to the bathroom?”

“Why would I go to the bathroom with you?”

“So we can do what we both want to do but can’t do in public.”

When Minho winked at him, Kibum could only laugh. “Oh my god, you’re the worst.” He pushed him with his shoulder but the grip on his hand tightened. “But I like your idea, let’s go!”

Minho smiled as he got up and walked to the bathroom, holding Kibum’s hand. As soon as they were in the little room, he leaned against the door, pulling Kibum closer and holding him by the waist, with his hands on his back.

“Oh God, what are we doing?” Kibum asked, smiling at the other and resting his hands on his shoulders. “Are we 12 or something?”

“I don’t care.” Minho answered, pulling him closer and finally joining their lips. He squeezed Kibum’s waist, pulling him even closer. “You don’t know how long I’ve been dreaming of being able to do this with you.”

Kibum just hummed and continued to assault his lips. His hands were roaming everywhere, feeling Minho shudder under his palms. He took pleasure in it and grinned against the other’s mouth, slightly biting his lower lip.

Minho groaned and before he knew, Kibum was being placed on top of the little counter, next to the sink, with Minho between his legs. He looped them on Minho’s waist, keeping him trapped.

“I’m the one who does the biting here.” Minho said, smug, forehead touching his. “And we know that that is not likely to end up well.”

Kibum nodded and swallowed loudly, eyes closed and lips parted, trying to regain his composure. He could still feel Minho’s hands on his waist but now they were interestingly placed directly against his skin, under his sweater. How did they get there, Kibum didn’t know, he only knew that he never felt so good in his entire life.

When he opened his eyes again, Minho was staring at him so fondly that Kibum had trouble believing that what was happening was real.

The moment was short lived though.

Someone tried to open the bathroom’s door and the noise made them jump apart and look horrified at each other. The person asked if someone was in there and the both of them stayed in complete silence until Minho decided to break it by releasing a loud chuckle.

Kibum quickly followed suit but he also jumped from the counter, going to Minho to cover his mouth. “We’ll be out in a minute.”

They both did their best to fix their clothes and hair and then opened the door, where a very irritated young man stood with his arms crossed.

“Next time you decide to do this, be quicker.”

Kibum stared at the man and felt his anger rise. “Look here, you-“

“We’re really sorry.” Minho interrupted, grabbing his arm, pulling him against his chest. “Have a nice day.”

Minho led them both to their table and they were back to their seats, one in front of the other.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to…” Kibum quietly said, looking at his hands. “I couldn’t control it.”

“Are you okay now?”

“I don’t know…”

Minho sighed and pulled his phone from his pocket, starting to write. “I’m telling Krystal she doesn’t need to wait for me and we can talk some more about this, okay?”

Kibum nodded, feeling grateful. It was good to have Minho back in his life.

 

Hello, here's the chapter! :)

Hope you like it and thank you for commenting and subscribing!

See you next week :)