Chapter 6

Within The Night

 “Minho, I-” Jinki started, pushing Jonghyun, who was looking at Minho with his hand covering his neck. The older vampire was thinking in a way to explain what Minho just saw when he was interrupted.

“Are you a vampire?” Minho asked, taking a step back and still looking from Jinki to Jonghyun. “Jinki-hyung, why aren’t you answering me?”

“He is, of course.” Jonghyun answered, rolling his eyes at a speechless Jinki. “Why do you think he was attacking my neck?”

“He was attacking you?” Minho opened his eyes even more, shocked.

“In a good way.” Jonghyun added, feeling his legs still trembling and his neck burning.

“Shut up.” Jinki finally talked, walking towards Minho. “Minho, how are you?”

“You’re not going to feed on me.” Minho warned, taking a few more steps back.

“Of course not, I’m more than enough to fulfill-”

“Jonghyun, I’m warning you. You better shut up.” Jinki didn’t even bother to glance at him, still looking at Minho. He looked as handsome as before. “No, I’m not going to feed on you, I was just worried.”

“Then why didn’t you come earlier? You are a vampire! You knew about everything and you didn’t come.”

“I couldn’t. I had my reasons. But I’m here now.” Jinki smiled at him, encouraging him to talk. “How do you feel?”

“I’m okay and I’m going to Kibum’s house right now. There are some things I need to tell him.”

“About him… I’ve been thinking about this and… Minho, you need to leave.” Jinki said, grabbing Minho’s arm as he passed him.

“What? Where?”

“I don’t know. Just go. At least until you can control yourself. I’m not going to let you hurt Kibum just because you can’t control your hunger.”

“I’m not going to hurt him.” Minho said, pushing Jinki without success. “Let me go.”

“Minho, please. You’re a new vampire, you don’t know anything about your strength or the power of your hunger. He’s a human and I’m sure you don’t want to hurt him, so you have to listen to me.” Jinki said, finally letting go of Minho’s arm. “I’ll take care of him.”

“No way. You’re a vampire too.”

“We’re going to leave tomorrow.” Jonghyun intervened, ending their discussion. “Minho, we can do it. I’ll teach you everything you need to know.”

“You think I’m a monster too.” 

“No. I think you’re just like me and you don’t want to live feeling guilty for hurting your friends.” Jonghyun explained, trying to make him understand. “I turned you. And I’m going to teach you how to be you again. Do you trust me?”

“I do.” Minho nodded and looked at the ground, defeated. “I’m going to my room. We can leave tomorrow if that’s what you want.”

Jinki watched as Minho walked to his bedroom and closed the door. His personality wasn’t changed at all, he was still the same tender heart kid he always admired, thinking about his friends all the time. It was another thing that made him fall in love with the human.

“About earlier-” Jonghyun spoke, catching his attention.

“Pretend that that never happened.”

“I was going to talk about your obvious crush on Minho. You’re not hiding it, you know?”

“You already knew about that, what’s the surprise?”

“You liked it.” Jonghyun affirmed, after a little silence.

“Don’t misunderstand my hunger with your stupid desires.” Jinki walked towards the door, followed by Jonghyun who was now too quiet. “I’m going now. You better take care of him.” Were the last words he said before he turned around and started to disappear on the road, without looking back.

Jonghyun stayed as he was until Jinki disappeared and just then he thought that that was a lot of things he needed to do if they were really going somewhere next day. He closed the door and punched it before he started to walk to the living-room.

**

Minho sat on his bed and hid his face on his hands, thinking about how his life has changed since the accident. Deep inside, he knew that Jinki and Jonghyun were right. He really needed to learn how to control himself or he will end up doing something that he would regret forever.

However, he didn’t want to leave. He was sure that he could do it there, with Jonghyun as his trainer. They were doing a good job. Minho wasn’t hungry every hour anymore and he could control his emotions most of the time. With a little more time, he was sure that he could do it. There was no need of going away. However, he knew that it was pointless to discuss it with Jonghyun since his decision was made.

The time was passing by and, in a few hours, they were going to leave. He didn’t know for how long or their destination, but he knew there was something he needed to do. Call Kibum. Explain to him that he would be gone for a while. And ask him to meet him the next day so he could see him one more time before he had to say goodbye.

He dialed the number and waited for Kibum to pick up, but it wasn’t a surprise when he didn’t and Minho heard the ‘beep’ to leave a message. “Hey, it’s me.” He said, even knowing that Kibum already knew it. “I’m calling because I wanted to say that I’m really sorry about what happened tonight. Kibum, I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to scare you.” He sighed, not knowing what he could do to explain to his friend what happened. “I’m sorry for not going to see you at the hospital too. I knew you would be fine, you don’t just give up like that.” He added, followed by another pause. “Remember when I told you I really love to travel? Well, I’m going to do it now. I know it is unexpected, but I need to go and spend some time out of here. I know what you’re thinking, but don’t blame yourself! It has nothing to do with you. Since the accident that I’m not feeling good, that’s why I didn’t visit you in the hospital. I couldn’t see you like that, unconscious, and know that it was my entire fault because I couldn’t avoid that stupid accident.” Another pause. Minho sighed again, and then continued to talk. “Kibum, I want to say goodbye to you. So, it would be really great if you could come here, at my house, tomorrow. I understand if you don’t want to come, but I would be really thankful. You’re my best friend, you know.” His voice was fading as he prepared himself to hang up. “I miss you and I don’t want to go like that.” He whispered before disconnect the call and lay down on his bed, waiting for the next morning to come. 

Hi! I'm back again with a new chapter ^^

This one's a little short and, for me, a little sad too.

I also want to thank you all who left a comment last week, it's good to have some support :) I hope you guys continue to tell me what you think. Oh! And thank you to those who upvoted ♡ And welcome to the new subscribers.

I'll see you all hopefully next week :)