Chapter 25

Within The Night

Jinki was trying to focus on something but it seemed impossible to him. He left Jonghyun’s house as soon as both Jonghyun and Taemin were trying to find a solution for their problem with Kibum. Jinki felt that they wanted to talk about it alone, so he left without saying a thing and now he was almost regretting it because he couldn’t do anything to stop thinking about Jonghyun.

The younger was so stressed when he left, and was almost sure that Kibum was trying to do something to hurt Minho, and this was scaring him. Jinki wanted to help, but didn’t know what to do, although he knew that they would figure it out without his help.

He walked for a long time and when he finally decided to go home something came to his mind. What if the nightmares were back? He rolled his eyes at the thought. Maybe Taemin was there with Jonghyun. And Minho was living there too, so there was no need to worry – he wasn’t alone after all.

It was what Jinki was trying to say to himself. However, in the middle of the night, he decided to go check on Jonghyun since there was no way he could sleep without knowing anything. During all the way, he was praying for Taemin to not be there and for Jonghyun to be already asleep, or he would have a lot to explain.

When he got to Jonghyun’s house, there was only silence filling the air. He pushed the slightly open window of Jonghyun’s room and found the other lying on his stomach, the covers just pass his waist.

“Why did you left like that?”

Jinki gulped, surprised. Why was Jonghyun awake? He thought as he turned around to look at the bed. “Weren’t you supposed to be asleep?”

“I can’t sleep. Do you come to visit me every night when I’m already sleeping?”

“Of course not.” Jinki rolled his eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed. “Where’s Taemin or Minho?”

“Taemin had things to do and Minho is still mad at me. Why are you ask-” Jonghyun stopped talking when Jinki took off his shoes and lay down beside him. “W-What are you doing?”

“I’m staying tonight.” Jinki said, turning his back to him. “Now sleep.” He added, closing his eyes.

“Am I dreaming?”

“Just shut up and sleep, Jonghyun.”

A few minutes later, Jinki felt Jonghyun’s hand on his arm. “Okay, I’m not dreaming.” He said with his sleepy voice, continuing to press Jinki’s arm until he turned and was facing him.

“Jonghyun, stop.” Jinki ordered, when the other got closer, their noses touching. Jonghyun smiled and bumped his nose on Jinki’s making him pull away, hastily. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I… Jinki, I-“

“I knew I should’ve stayed home. I don’t even know what I’m doing here.” The old vampire informed, sitting on the bed, looking at his lap while his hands gripped his hair. “I’m going home. Forget this, forget everything.”

“No!” Jonghyun almost screamed, grabbing Jinki’s arm once again. “You’re staying, we need to talk.”

“Let go!”

“No!” Jonghyun pulled Jinki to the bed, making him lie down and straddle his thighs, preventing him from moving. “We’re going to end this now.”

“W-what?”

Jonghyun gripped Jinki’s wrists on his hands and watched as the others eyes looked everywhere but him. He wanted answers and this was his opportunity to get them.

“Why are you always like this? What did I do to you? As far as I know, I’m the one who should be acting like this.”

“What are you even talking about? What right did you have to treat me bad?” Jinki asked, getting angry, his head off the bed. “After all I did for you?”

“Are you talking about turning me into a vampire or leaving me all alone to die in some dirty street, Jinki?”

“You’re such an ungrateful idiot! Do you know for how long I searched for you?”

Jonghyun scoffed, his grip on the others wrists tighter. “Apparently not long enough.”

“I’ve searched years, Jonghyun.” Jinki whispered, remembering all the days he’d spent looking for the other. “Years. And when I finally found you… You were already with someone else. Do you know how stupid I felt? I’ve lost years of my life searching for you and you didn’t even spare me a thought before you had another one…”

Jonghyun was left speechless after those last words. He stared at Jinki’s eyes that were filled with unleashed tears and felt his heart ache.

He also felt like crying. Crying for the years they’ve lost hating each other for something simple as a misunderstanding.

“There was no one.” Jonghyun joined their foreheads. “No one but you, Jinki. It was always you.”

Jinki sobbed and finally his tears fell down his cheeks. He freed his hand from Jonghyun’s grip, slipping it around his neck and pulling him down, crashing their mouths together.

“I love you.” He said when Jonghyun pulled back a little, eyes still close. “I’ve always loved you.”

Jonghyun nodded, his forehead bumping on Jinki’s. “I know, I know.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too.” He kissed Jinki again, letting himself gently fall on top of the other, engulfing his body in a hug that the other promptly responded. “I’ve missed you so much.”

Jinki smiled peacefully with his eyes closed, feeling Jonghyun’s body on top of his.

He finally felt at peace with himself. Finally, everything was fixed.

Jonghyun let go of Jinki and lied beside him. “Turn on your side.”

Jinki did as he was told and when he was comfortable, he felt Jonghyun’s body behind his. The younger hugged him, putting an arm on top of him.

“Do you mind?” Jonghyun asked when he felt him stiffen.

Jinki shook his head and grabbed the other’s hand. “N-no.”

**

“Kibum, you need to rest.”

He shook his head, continuing going back and forth on the living room. He had spent the whole night awake, waiting for Minho to answer his texts. He felt like if he had to be ready to call as soon as the other replied to him or he wouldn’t have the chance to talk to him again.

But all the wait wasn’t worth since Minho didn’t even bother to acknowledge him. Not even one text was answered.

Kibum was fuming, all he could think about was how angry he was.

“Kibummie, please-“

“No. No. I don’t want to sit down.” He refuted, shaking his head again. “Why can’t he try? Does he not care about me anymore? Is that it? Why couldn’t he tell me then?”

“At least, sit down.” His grandmother pleaded, looking at him with concern in her eyes. “Sitting down will do you good.”

“What if he calls?”

The old lady sighed, reaching out for his arm and pulling him into the couch, making him sit. “You can answer your phone while you’re sitting.”

“But what if-“

“Kibum.” She called, not letting him finish. “I’m going to make tea and you sit here waiting, okay? It’s only a few minutes.”

Kibum waited until she disappeared into the kitchen and got up form the couch, unable to stay still. He made sure she wasn’t paying attention to him and ran to the front door, getting out of the house. Being inside was beginning to suffocate him and he needed to do something to help pass the time. Suddenly a thought went through his head and he grinned, satisfied.

He made his way to nearest hairdresser, which was actually the one he used to go. When he entered the place, the staff welcomed him and he was guided to a chair.

“So, Kibum, what can I do for your hair today?”

Kibum looked at him through the mirror and smirked. “I want it bright red.”

**

“Kibum! Thank God, you’re home. Where- What happened to your hair?”

“I needed a change.” He explained, not bothering to look at the old lady, already heading for the stairs. “I’ll be in my room.”

“Don’t you want to eat?” She asked, behind him. “I’ve made-“

Kibum turned to her, his eyes cold. “I’m not hungry. I’m going to my room.”

“What happened to you? Talk to me or I can’t help you.”

“I don’t need help.”

He didn’t wait for her reply and went on with its course until he reached his room. He picked his phone from the back pocket of his pants and threw it on the bed but not before looking at it one more time.

Sighing, the now red haired boy went in front of the mirror to look at himself.

Kibum was satisfied with the final result even though it wasn’t something he had given too much thought about it. However, it did sound the right thing to do on his head and, in the end, the result had been good.

He was still checking himself on the mirror when his phone beeped. Turning around right away, Kibum almost ran to the bed to catch the electronic device. His heart speeded up when he saw who the caller was.

“Hello? Minho? Finally you call.” He muttered, afraid that anyone would listen. “I was so-“

“This is not Minho.”

Kibum’s eyes widened. “Who’s this? Is there something wrong with Minho?”

“Yes.”

“What did you do to him? Where is he?”

Suddenly, there was a laugh. “Relax, Kibum. The only problem Minho has right now is not being able to talk to you.” The girl turned serious and talked in a lower volume. “He wants to meet you tonight-“

“Alright. Where?” He asked, agreeing without hesitation.

“You’re as eager as him, I see.” She laughed again and Kibum heard Minho’s voice in the back, making him smile. “Minho says you know a way to stop what Jonghyun did.”

“I do.” He rolled his eyes, already becoming impatient. “Just tell me where do we meet.”

“We’ll catch you at your house, okay? Is that alright with you?”

“Yes, it is but… Will Minho be alright?”

“Don’t worry about him, everything’s under control.” She assured him. “I’ll text you the details later. Be ready.”

Just like that, the call ended and Kibum was left speechless staring into space.

Slowly, a wide smile started to form on his lips. Minho was willing to fight against Jonghyun’s order to meet him. And apparently someone was helping him. Kibum was so happy that he could cry.

 

This chapter is a little longer than the others ~

And yay for jongyu who finally got back together after so many years !!