Epilogue

Within The Night

 

Another day was starting in Kibum’s life. A life that has been meaningless as the days seemed to drag on forever. He didn’t know how long he has been leaving in the middle of nowhere but it sure felt like a century.

During the first weeks he stayed there, his grandmother used to visit but then she started to show up fewer and fewer times until she stopped completely. It was part of the cure, she said, but he didn’t think it was the truth. What kind of treatment required a person to be completely isolated from humanity for who knows how long?

He had felt a lot of pent up anger at everyone, especially at Minho for leaving him alone once again. But he had had the time to think about it and he concluded it was probably for the best. Kibum still didn’t know when he would be allowed to return to his old life but he sure hoped it was soon.

He yawned and got up from bed, walking to the window, staring at the same flower field he saw everyday for the last year. It long lost its beauty so he didn’t stop for too long at the window before he walked to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast.

Kibum was busy preparing something to eat when he heard noises at the door.

Confused, he stopped what he was doing and walked out of the kitchen into the front hall wherein the noises only gotten louder. Kibum went to the front door and opened it, revealing behind it someone he never expected to see.

“W-wh-“

“Jonghyun, can you step aside? I want to look at my grandson.”

Kibum stared wide-eyed at the old lady that gently pushed Jonghyun to the side and his eyes filled with tears. “Grandma!”

“My pretty, pretty Kibummie…” She cried too as he collapsed in her arms, hugging her like his life depended on that. “Did you miss me that much, baby?”

“Were have you been? I’ve-I’ve been here alone, I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t what to think, why did you leave?”

She laughed and patted his head. “I’m sorry but I had to do it like this, otherwise it wouldn’t be as successful.” He leaned back to look at her and she kissed Kibum’s cheek. “You were never alone, baby. Just because you didn’t see me, doesn’t mean I wasn’t here to watch over you.”

“I was so scared…”

“I know, Kibummie.” She kissed his face all over and he laughed. “But all’s well now. You’re good now.”

Kibum nodded and smiled before looking over her shoulder to the other two people. “And what are you two doing here? Where’s-where’s Minho?”

“What a fantastic way to great the two people who come to get you.”

Krystal chuckled and leaned on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Oppa, that’s his charm! Being like this is how he attracts other people.”

“What-what are you guys even saying?” Kibum asked but they only stare at him so he looked at his grandmother. “Why are they here?”

“They wanted to come with me.”

“Okay but why isn’t anyone telling me where is Minho?”

They all laughed at the same time, which bewildered him, but then his grandmother grabbed his arms and pulled him out of the house. “Let’s go, Kibummie, you have other places to be.”

He tried to protest and asked again where were they going and were Minho was but every time he was met with silence or with silly answer so he gave up. They led him to a car and made him seat on the back with his grandmother while Jonghyun and Krystal took the front seats.

Kibum had his eyes on the road the entire way but he really didn’t recognize anything around. He thought they were taking him home but apparently they had other plans for him.

After what it felt like hours, Jonghyun finally pulled over and Kibum was out of the car the minute he stopped.

“Where are we?” He asked to no one in particular while he looked around. “Why did you take me here?”

“Well, if I told you it would ruin the surprise.” Jonghyun said, throwing an arm around his shoulders, startling him. “You’re going to like it.”

“Shut up, Jonghyun, you’re already saying too much.” Krystal scolded, throwing a dirty look in his direction. “Let’s go in, Kibum.”

There was a house, one that looked exactly like the one he had been living for the last years and he instinctively took a step back. “I’m not going there.”

“There are only good things for you in there, Kibummie.”

He continued to shake his head and took another couple of steps back until he collided with something. Kibum turned around only to have his mouth open in shock.

There was a chuckle and a finger on his chin, pulling it up so he would close his mouth. “Hi, Kibum.”

Minho was in front of him, smiling that annoyingly sweet smile of his and Kibum was torn between kissing him and punching him. In the end, he anger took the best of him and Kibum drove his hand to Minho’s face, regretting it in the second after when he heard the noise of the impact.

“I’m… I’m so sorry.” He cried still not believing what he had done. “You’re such an idiot! Why didn’t you come visit me? I hate you!”

Kibum landed a hand on Minho’s neck and pulled him down, crashing their mouths together. He put his other hand on Minho’s hair, grabbing it when he felt the other’s hand on his waist, pulling them closer.

“I love you.” Minho confessed, between kisses.

Kibum purposely bumped his forehead with Minho’s. “I don’t care, I still hate you.”

“Of course.” Minho laughed and hugged him closer. “It’s good to have you back.”

“It’s good to be back.”

Suddenly someone coughed and the two of them broke apart to look at the side where the other three were. Krystal smiled at them and pointed to the house behind her, giggling. “I hate to interrupt but let’s go inside because Jinki oppa was cooking and I’m sure by now it’s already done.”

“That or everything’s on fire.”

Kibum’s grandmother laughed and patted Jonghyun on the back. “You should have a little more faith in your boyfriend, Jonghyunnie.”

“I do have faith in him.” Jonghyun said, beginning to walk forward with the old lady on his side. “But not in the kitchen, to be honest.”

The other three left behind began to follow them and this time Kibum didn’t have any objection with entering the house. Inside it smelled deliciously and he was the first to the run to the kitchen to eat something.

When Jinki saw him, the vampire stopped what he was doing and slowly approached him. What he didn’t expect was an armful of Kibum falling into him. Jinki laughed and closed his eyes; happy and relieved that Kibum had finally forgiven him. They pulled back and smiled at each other until Jonghyun jumped on Jinki’s back and Kibum saw how his eyes were filled with love and adoration for the smaller vampire.

Kibum excused himself to go to the bathroom and when he got back they were all already sat at the table, picking up things to eat. There was an empty seat between his grandmother and Minho that he was sure that was reserved for him and he smiled before realizing that from now on there was a seat that would always remain unoccupied.

"Don’t think too much, Kibum.” Jinki whispered, appearing suddenly behind him. “I know you miss him but Taemin is fine. Wherever he is.”

Kibum nodded and looked at Jinki, smiling. “I hope so.”

“I know so.” Jinki guaranteed, squeezing Kibum’s shoulder. “Welcome back.”

 

So we're finally at the end of this story. I hope you guys liked it as much as I liked writing it!

I know this fic was a bit longer than the others so thank you everyone who folloew it to the end.

Thank you so much again and until the next one :)