Chapter 29

Within The Night

“How is he now?” Kibum’s grandmother asked, quietly entering the room, with a tray of food. “Sleeping?”

“No, just resting.” Kibum was the one that answered, his head still leaning on Minho’s chest, while the latter played with his hair. He opened his eyes and sat on the bed, smiling sadly at her. “I wanted to apologize. I didn’t want… I’m sorry.”

The woman left the tray on the desk and walked to the bed, sitting in front of him and pulling him into her arms.  “Oh, Kibummie, it’s alright. I know you didn’t mean it.”

“I’m still sorry.”

“I know you are but don’t worry about it.” She kissed his forehead and smiled at Minho, winking. “I made tea for you. It’s a special one, so you really have to drink it.”

“He will drink it all.” Minho said when Kibum made a face at the thought of drinking tea.

“Alright, boys, I have to leave now.”

Kibum frowned and looked at her. “Where are you going at this hour?”

“I need to buy something for you.”

“Can’t it wait?”

“I’m afraid not. We have to be fast.” She said, rubbing his feet. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

“But-“

“Minho, can you make sure he takes a bath and drinks the tea?” The old lady asked, turned to Minho who nodded. “Thank you, sweetie. And you, Kim Kibum, do what he says and rest.”

Without giving him time to retort, she kissed his forehead again and squeezed Minho’s shoulder and then left the room, leaving Minho with a pouty Kibum.

The vampire turned to the other who was still sulking and laughed, pushing him with his shoulder only to pull him back into his chest. Minho placed his arms around Kibum and leaned his head on top of the other’s, his lips touching his hair.

They were in a comfortable silence when Kibum suddenly groaned and his whole body went slack against Minho’s. “I don’t want to take a bath.”

“You have to. It will make you feel better.”

“I don’t want to.” He rubbed his face on Minho’s chest, his voice muffled by the fabric. “Besides, my legs are wobbly. What if I fall and knock my head on the way to the ground?”

“Kibum, come on, don’t be a kid.”

He put his arms around Minho when he felt him move and didn’t let him go. “I’m actually being really serious. I’m afraid.”

“But you really need a bath.” Minho looked down, patting his back. “You’re smelling.”

Kibum gasped and quickly detached himself, with his mouth agape. “I am not!” When Minho only shrugged and made a face, Kibum slapped his chest. “Yah, Choi Minho! Stop.”

“What?”

“You’re making fun of me.” Kibum pouted again but then yawned. “I’m really sleepy.”

Minho laughed and rubbed his hair. “Then go take a bath so you can sleep after.”

“Come with me.”

“W-what? Go with you where? To the bathroom?” Minho stuttered and coughed, suddenly feeling uneasy. “Kibum, isn’t that… I mean…”

“Oh, come on. How many times did we take a bath together when we were kids?”

Minho scoffed. “Well, that’s the thing! When we were kids…. Now we’re not kids. It’s different!”

“Why is it any different?” Kibum whined, looping his arms around Minho’s neck. “Come on, I’m really weak. I’m afraid I’ll fall.”

Minho groaned, not knowing if Kibum was doing this on purpose or if he was just really clueless about what being in a bath together meant. But looking at his innocent and shining eyes, Minho couldn’t really bring himself to say no. So he just sighed and nodded, which led to have Kibum’s lips on his, as a way of thanking him.

The two of them got up from the bed and Kibum really felt his legs wobbly, so Minho had to help him walk to the closet so he could choose two sets of pajamas. When he also grabbed a towel for Minho, he walked them to the bathroom and sat Kibum on the closed toilet, turning on the hot water.

Minho was testing the water when he felt movement behind him and he looked back only to widened his eyes. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t know about you…” Kibum started it, ping his pants and shaking his hips. “But I usually take a bath with no clothes on.”

Minho blinked and followed the movement of Kibum’s jeans with his eyes, gulping when they reach his feet and he stepped out of them. He looked up again to find Kibum smiling at him and slowly turned to the front, staring at the water.

Suddenly, hands were on his shoulders and Kibum kissed the side of his neck, pulling his shirt, leaving him only with his short-sleeved sweater. When Kibum’s hands reached the hem of the sweater and pulled it up, Minho shuddered but raised his arms so that he could take it off.

Minho heard the piece of clothing hit the ground and felt Kibum’s chest flush against his back. “You’re so warm.”

“The water is warm too.” Minho muttered, grabbing Kibum’s hands that were playing on his front and making him feel things. “You want to go in now?”

Kibum hummed and quickly wiggled out of his boxers and entered the bathtub, sitting on the ground and sighing when the hot water made contact with all his body. He smiled blissfully and looked at Minho. “You’re not going to stay out there looking at me, are you?”

“No, of course not. I just have to… yeah.”

“Take all your clothes and come in, big boy.” Kibum laughed and leaned back, resting his head on the border and closing his eyes.

Minho took a deep breath and quickly discarded himself from his pants and underwear and entered the bathtub, sitting right in front of Kibum who still had his eyes closed. The vampire sighed; finally feeling relaxed enough to feel his muscles loosen up.

He was about to even close his eyes, when he heard Kibum chuckle and the water moved and before he knew, the other was sitting between his legs, with his back on his chest, humming happily. Kibum grabbed his hands and pulled them in front of both of them, lacing their fingers, and kissing Minho’s knuckles.

“Now, I’m starting to feel relaxed.”

Minho was happy for Kibum but he couldn’t say the same thing for himself. His body was hypersensitive and every tiny part of him that was in contact with Kibum’s skin was burning. Minho felt like his whole body was on fire.

“Minho, are you okay?”

Kibum sounded worried and started to move so that he could turn around and look at Minho but he was actually only making it worse. Minho’s hand fled to his hips and made him stay still. “Stop moving around.”

“Why?” He tried to look over his shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

“Please, just...” Minho breathed, closing his eyes, hands still on Kibum’s hips. “Give me a second.”

Minho was trying to concentrate in everything that didn’t make him think of Kibum’s body but it was becoming a rather difficult task. Every single one of his thoughts led to Kibum and it was making him go crazy.

He didn’t even realized when Kibum moved back again, leaning on him. “Oh!” He gasped; making Minho open his eyes, horrified and push him a little away. “Oh, that’s cute.”

“K-Kibum…”

“Is this why you’re so tense?” He giggled, wiggling his hips on purpose, hearing Minho take a sharp breath. “Why are you embarrassed? It’s something good.”

The grip of his hips tightened and he grinned, still lightly pushing them back. “You’re making this on purpose, aren’t you?” Kibum was applying pressure in all the right spots and it was making Minho see stars. “Turn around, turn around. I need to kiss you.”

Kibum promptly did as he was asked and turned around, straddling Minho when he was facing him.

Minho looked down and then stared at Kibum, grinning.

“What? Who told you, you were the only one?”

“No one but you could have given me a heads up.”

Kibum rolled his eyes and pulled Minho to him. “Shut up and kiss me.”