Chapter 1

Within The Night

It was another Wednesday and Kibum woke up a few minutes before the alarm clock had the chance to ring. He turned the TV on and decided to turn the alarm off since he was sure he wasn’t going to fall asleep again. So, it was a surprise when the TV show ended, he looked at his phone’s screen and he noticed he was late. He ran to the bathroom so that he could start his morning routine. Minho was coming to pick him up and since he was also late the past two days, he was sure that his friend would be mad if he did that again. However and despite feeling like he had rushed everything, Kibum was still fixing his hair when he saw Minho stopping his car in front of the house and honking.

Kibum was choosing a coat and doing a mental check list when he heard his mother’s voice.

“Kibum, hurry up! Your friend is already here waiting for you!”

“I’m going!” He yelled back, grabbing his books and running to the kitchen. “I’m late, I’m late!”

“Of course you’re late. Why don’t you set your clock ten minutes earlier?”

“Because I can’t miss any second of my beauty sleep.” He said, kissing her forehead. “Is grandma still sleeping?”

“Yes, she is. No more talking, you need to go!” His mother said, looking at the table after seeing her son disappear through the door. “Aren’t you forgetting your lunch, Kibum?”

“Oh!” He said, appearing once more in the kitchen and grabbing the paper bag while Minho honked again. “Oh my God, I’m going!” He added, running towards the door and waving as soon as he opened it and saw Minho.

As expected, the other didn’t wave back, so Kibum ran once more until he was sitting next to his friend.

“Good morning!”

“Good morning you say? More like good afternoon if I keep coming to pick you up.”

“Don’t be mean.” Kibum said, adjusting his seatbelt. “Let’s go or we’re going to be late!” He said, looking at Minho, who looked back at him in disbelief. “What?”

“You aren’t serious, are you?” Minho asked, still shocked, starting to drive.

“Of course I am.” Kibum said, really proud of himself. He looked through the window, watching with disinterest the road they went by every day until someone caught his attention. “Oh look! Jinki’s over there!”

Minho’s eyes bulged. “Oh, no way Kibum. We’re late.”

“But he’s our friend! And we’re going to the same place as him; you can totally give him a ride.”

“What if he wants to go alone? He’s kind of weird.” Minho said, stopping the car anyway when Kibum glared at him.

However, instead of answering, Kibum opened the car’s door and got out, raising his arms.

“Kibum, please, get in the car.” Minho pleaded, rolling his eyes. “Can’t you understand that I don’t want him to come here?”

“Jinki-hyung!” Kibum called, ignoring his friend’s protests. “Here! Come with us, we’re going to college!” It was enough for Jinki to notice them and walked in their direction. “Please, try to be nice.” Key added to Minho, turning around to find Jinki behind him. “Hello! Do you wanna come with us?” Minho’s friend asked, smiling.“Only if you don’t mind.” Jinki said, bending to look at Minho through the opened door. “Good morning Minho-ssi.”

“Hi.”

“So…” Kibum said, trying not to forget to scold his friend later for being so rude. “Come in, we gotta go.”

Jinki nodded and got in the backseat, all the while looking at Minho who didn’t even bothered to acknowledge him.  Truth to be told, Jinki had a major crush on the younger even though they barely spoke to each other. They only knew each other because Kibum was a mutual friend and Jinki was sure that if it wasn’t for that, the two of them would never cross ways.

But they did, and in the moment that Kibum presented Minho to him, Jinki became immediately attracted to the man. It was a strange thing for him at first since he knew how reckless he was being but after a few moments of thinking, Jinki came to the conclusion that he felt that he knew Minho all along because Kibum was always talking about him.

In fact, he had a theory about that.

Kibum was in love with Minho but was too blind to see it. Or he didn’t want to. That theory, thought, didn’t apply to Minho since Jinki was one hundred percent sure that the young man was totally infatuated. Except, not with him. But with Kibum. The only one who couldn’t see it was precisely the one who should.

“Jinki hyung, are you listening to me?”

He shook his head to clear his thoughts and smiled apologetically at Kibum, glancing at Minho who was watching him through the rearview mirror. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. I was just trying to make you talk.”

Minho scoffed. “If it was me you would freak out.”

“Well, Minho, it happens that Jinki hyung listens to what I say most of the time. You, on the other hand, only pretend to listen to me.” Kibum said, his voice overflowing with sarcasm making Minho roll his eyes. “But don’t worry, baby, I still love you even though you’re so bad to me.”

“S-shut up.”

“Oh, did I make you stutter?” Kibum asked, pouting at Minho, clinging to his arm. “Why, baby?”

“Kibum, let go of me and be quiet.”

Minho shook his arm to free himself of his friend’s grasp making the other laugh.

Kibum then turned to Jinki and smiled, mischievously. “Hyung, do you wanna see something really funny?”

When the older nodded, Kibum snickered into his hand and turned to his friend on the left. He then placed his hand on Minho’s seat, next to his shoulder and leaned forward, touching the other’s cheek with his lips, making an obnoxiously loud kissing sound, falling back on his seat right after.

Jinki and Minho had somewhat the same reaction. Both of their eyes were almost popping out but while Jinki remained quiet, Minho looked at his friend who was laughing like there was no tomorrow.

“God dammit, Kibum, what are you doing? Are you out of your mind?”

The male was still laughing, clapping his hands with enthusiasm. “Calm down, Minho, it was just a joke.”

“How can I calm down, Kibum? You’re always like this when we’re not alone!” He exclaimed, making the other two flinch. “Why do you keep doing these things?”

Kibum fidgeted on his seat, uncomfortable and gazed at the window, unable to answer the other’s question. “Minho, pay attention to the road.”

“Don’t change the subject.”

Those words made his temper flare even though that he knew Minho was right.

“I’m not, you idiot, I’m just trying to keep us safe.”

“So now you’re gonna tell me how to drive?” Minho gave him a hollow laugh and shook his head. “Seriously, Kibum, you’re unbelievable.”

“Why are you turning this into an argument? Now is not the time or the place-“

“That’s rich coming from you.”

“God, Minho, don’t be such an !” Kibum groaned and thrown his hands in the air.

“Stop acting like an idiot then!”

Jinki was looking between the two, getting caught in the discussion. The two of them continued throwing insults at one another and were almost screaming on each other’s faces. Minho was barely paying any attention to the road, more engrossed in responding to Kibum’s offenses than into driving, starting to make Jinki feel really nervous.

Suddenly, there was a truck coming in their direction from the opposite road. Minho seemed to have acknowledged it since he stopped looking at Kibum for a while to focus on driving again. Jinki sighed in relief but that was short lived. Kibum pushed Minho’s arm causing the steel wheel to turn abruptly making their car take an unexpected turn.

“Look out!” Jinki shouted, bewildered.

Desperate, Minho tried to hit the break as hard as he could but it was too late. The impact was too strong and Minho was sure that any of them were going to survive after that.

The last thing he heard before everything went black was Kibum’s call for his name.

 

Here's the first chapter! I know it doesn't say much but that the idea ahah 

I hope you like it and tell me what you think of it :D