Defiance

What Kpop doesn't know?

“We were told to leave this world. We were told that we were ridiculous. Now tell me, how is this ridiculous. I am fighting for our love. I am fighting for us. Even if we are young. Even if this damn world is against us.” I rapped in English as I looked into the camera with a fierce gaze. I leaned back doing a body wave as a backup dancer slid to me moving his hand to my waist. We blended into each other as we danced. “I will fight for us even if you give up. I will be like Mount Vesuvius on Pompeii on all those who oppose us.”

 I turned pressing my back to the backup dancer. He pressed his body tightly against my back. His hands trailed my arms as he went to interlace our fingers. You would think it is weird having someone feeling you up while you dance. But, you get used to it.

 Well, it helps if you don’t have a partner that gives you ‘do me’ eyes. Sadly, my partner has that.  That and a small bulge in his pants. Really small. Was that y? Hey he has basically hit on me all day, it is almost harassment. I earn the right to say that. Right?

Mimi then appeared in front of us with her dancer. She started rapping Korean going super-fast. My dancer and I followed the beat of the music twirling around each other with precision careful not to hurt the other. Our moves hurried and became more complicated the faster Mimi rapped.

 Towards the end of Mimi’s rap, I broke away from my dance partner to come next to her and interjected some English lyrics. While doing a solo matching dance with her. Both of us lifted our hands in the air then quickly punch to the sides as we bent. We body waved up as we stomped forwards.

I can fell a cramp coming. Please, someone stop this. I am going to die.

Then Ran and Soonie came out starting the chorus. Their voices blended together soothingly as the music slowed down for them. My partner and I spot each other, we walked in almost slow steps. Once we reached each other we grabbed hands and proceeded with this complicated mixture of weird waltz mixed with hip hop. Our moves matching perfectly in sync with everyone else.

Whoever invented this dance is going to get a strongly worded letter from me.

Thank God, this dance is just for the music video. When we preform it the dance is less intense.

 I think I am getting a second cramp on my back.

Someone save me!   

“Cut!” The director yelled just as the backup dancer dipped me. We were both breathing heavily and sweating. He helped me stand back up gently. I let out a groan moving my hand to my sore lower back. Damn. I hate this dance. It is to tiring. “You girls did good. We will have a 30 minute break then start again from where we left off.” I my teeth. Only 30 minutes. That’s not a break that just a makeup check. “Sam, did you say something?”

“No.” I let out quickly at the director shaking my head furiously. The backup dancer next to me let out a snort as he pulled away from me.  I quickly elbowed him in the stomach. “Shut up.”

“I didn’t say anything.” He defended holding his hands in surrender.

“You were about to.”

“Was not.”

“Was too.”

“How about we settle this matter over a date?” He flirted. I rolled my eyes at him in annoyance. This is the third time today that he asked me out. That and the ‘bedroom’ eyes, he has been throwing me are getting on my last nerves. I mean, how many times do I need to tell him no for him to get it? “I don’t take no for an answer.”

I quirked my eyebrow at him. Don’t worry, I’ve noticed.  

“I don’t even know your name.” I breathed out.

“Well, my stage name is D-bag.” He answered saying his stage name in English.

He can’t be serious. I let out a snort. I have a feeling this guy is missing a few brain cells.

“Are you serious?” I let out still trying to keep in my laugh. Seriously who names themselves D-bag. “Why would you name yourself that?”

“Because I am a bag of Danger.” He let out haughtily.

I couldn’t hold it anymore. I burst out laughing earning many stares from everyone. I can’t breathe. A bag of Danger? Who says that? Then call themselves D-bag. Does he know that means douchebag in America?

“Why not just call yourself Danger?” I gasped out between breathes. I was bent over clutching my stomach. Tears were actually coming out of my eyes. “Or even Dan and say it’s short for danger. Or even D8ger.”

“I didn’t really think about it. D-bag was the first thing that came in my head.”

“That says a lot.” I snorted.

“What?”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get there.” I cooed standing on my tip toes to pet his blonde head.

He looks so confused. 

“Are you two done flirting?” I heard Ran’s annoying voice growl. I rolled my eyes at her then told D-bag I will see him later. I made my way to Ran. She stood with her arms crossed over her chest. Her long black hair was loose and cascading like a curtain over her shoulders. Her shirt was white and tight against her small bust. The shirt contained many tears revealing most of her stomach. She completed the edgy look with black leather pants and high heeled combat boots. Her makeup, much like mine and everyone elses, was natural with a perfect winged eyeliner and dark purple lipstick. “Don’t think I am not angry at you for what you did. I am still super pissed.”

“Hey! I apologized a whole bunch of times, Unni. I even left you Yunho’s number on the note.” I breathed out with a suggestive smile. Amusement filled her dark eyes then quickly disappeared as she scoffed. Ran quickly turned walking away from me without another word. “Yunho is going to kill me.”

“I am to.” I heard Soonie breathe out behind me. I turned my head to look at the blonde with an innocent smile. “No. No. Don’t show me that face. You owe me so much. Do you know how much damage control I had to do on Ran for you? I got a migraine because of her yelling.”

“Sorry, Unni.”

“Nope, don’t want to hear it.” Soonie hissed glaring at me. I quickly grabbed her hand giving her my best pout. This will work. It always work with Soonie. “Don’t show me that face? I can’t deal with that face now. I am so pissed at you. You even came late today to the music video shoot.”

“That’s not my fault. I got lost.” I defended.

 Believe it or not, I actually did get lost.

 See on the way here, I kept thinking about Jaejoong. That damn man has invaded most of my thoughts. Well, I zoned out to the point that I ended up somewhere different than where I was supposed to be.

So I had to find my way back with the help of some girls, who turned out to be fans. I still can’t believe that they recognized me. I thought my disguise was perfect. Granted, it took them a while and they put two and two together when I told them I am going to the SM building. Man, I’m an idiot.

So, they annoyed me the whole way. They kept squealing things like ‘Oh my god, I can’t believe we are walking Violet’s Maknae, Ami’ and ‘Why are you dressed so wierdly’. And believe it or not, they even told me this ‘Do you mind if we take a lock of your hair’. I had to nicely decline and when I saw one of the girls go to my hair to take a piece, I grabbed her wrist and told her not to try it. I had to give them autographs in the end.

Well, after being almost an hour late with a dead phone. You can imagine how pissed everyone was. Especially Jon and Ran. And when they noticed my appearance they went crazier. They did not appreciate my fancy gothic e look.

Haters.

“Yes, it was your fault.” Soonie continued to argue. “Why was your phone dead?”

We made our way to the makeup room. Changing into a new wardrobe and getting our makeup done. As we prepared, Soonie continued to scold me.

“I told you, I forgot my charger.” I breathed out as I slipped on a white dress shirt and black tie. Remembering my phone, I quickly turned my head to my makeup artist. “Song? Is my phone charged?”

The tall red head made her way to the corner table that carried my phone. I watched as she bent down looking at it. She turned back to me and nodded. I lifted my hand up in the air as if telling her to throw it to me. She must have understood because within the next second I caught my phone in midair. Song went back to preparing the makeup she needed for me then proceeded to tell me she was ready.

After putting on Soonie’s ripped up leather pants and beat up combat booths, I made my way to her. I was supposed to wear a plaid pink skirt and black pumps, but let’s face it. Do you really think I am the type to wear that? Hell no, if you thought yes give yourself a smack in the back of the head. With a lot of pouting on my side, Soonie growled while she slipped on the skirt and pumps.

She looked a lot better in it than me. Her wasn’t so big that it made the shirt ride up and the pumps made her legs look like a supermodel’s. If I put that one that miniskirt will look like underwear cause of how big my is.

I am exaggerating, but you get me.

I went back to stare at my phone as Song worked on my now straight hair.

Yeah, they straightened my hair again. Song loves my hair curly so she hated doing it. She cursed Jon the whole time doing it under her breath. It was pretty funny actually, but I couldn’t laugh. During that time, Jon was breathing down my neck demanding answers. I shook my head at the thought.

Safe to say, it was chaotic when I first got here.

As Song fixed my hair, making sure every curl that sweat caused was straight, I my phone. I texted Jaejoong immediately when I plugged in my charger. I even saved his number. I didn’t have time to see his reply because I was immediately hurried away to get ready for the shoot.

 I let out a smile as I saw ‘Pretty girl’ had indeed texted me. If you must know, ‘Pretty girl’ is Jaejoong. I couldn’t very well put his name on my phone everyone knows the password. Don’t ask me how? I don’t know, I don’t even tell them.

Unlocking my phone, I clicked the message to read it completely.

Glad you got there safe. Btw you left your sweater with me. Does that mean it’s mine? ;)

I chuckled shaking my head earning a complaint from Song. Like hell I will let that bastard keep my sweater. Song put the finishing touches on my hair and then quickly moved to my makeup. I moved my head up and phone up to be in a position easier for her. While she worked I quickly replied to Jaejoong smiling because I knew what I was going to type.

You can keep that sweater when pigs fly! I want it back, Janie!”

I sent the message laughing to myself at the name I gave him. When I was ordering our stuff at the café I called him Janie and he glared at me. It suits him especially when he looked so pretty looking like a girl. He is going to be pissed.

“Someone’s in a good mood.” Mimi let out coming out in front of me.

I looked up at smiling face. Mimi glanced at my phone then at my face. Her short light blue hair was sleeked back by a lot of gel. She had on a pink dress shirt and black tie with black ripped shorts. Her feet contained very high black pumps. I could almost scoff at her outfit even the one they wanted me in. We are idols, people. Not stars.

“Who you texting?” Mimi asked with innocent childlike eyes.

“A friend.” I breathed out. Song moved in front me putting the finishing touches on my makeup. Mimi moved to stand beside Song so I can see her. She gave me a ‘are you sure’ look. “I’m serious, Unni. It’s a friend.”

Just then my phone vibrated three times telling me I got three messages. Ignoring Mimi’s stares, I looked back at my phone with anticipation. Jaejoong sent me three messages the first one read.

                Don’t call me that >.<

                The second message was a picture of a pig with wings. I let out a laugh as I read the message that followed it.

                I found a flying pig. I guess your sweater is mine now. :D

                “That face isn’t a face you show when you text a friend.” Mimi observed out loud.

                I looked up at Mimi with a scowl. Why can’t she mind her own business? Anyways, I am showing a normal face. This is my face.

                “Your right. I’m not texting a friend. I didn’t want to tell you cause it’s embarrassing.”  I let out sarcastically. Mimi’s eyes widen in shock as a huge smile plastered on her face. She proceeded to say out loud that she knew it and asked me who I was texting. “You got to swear not to tell anyone.”

                “I swear, Sam.” She swore grabbing my hand. She looked at me with excited brown eyes. Liar, the first person she will tell is Sonnie then Ran. Mimi can’t keep a secret worth her life. “Tell me.”

                “Come closer.” I let out in caution. I looked around her to make sure no one could hear us. Song just looked at me with a disapproving look knowing what I was going to do. I gave her a warning look telling her not to say anything. I then focused on the excited Mimi who moved closer to me. “I’m texting my boyfriend.”

                “Really?!” Mimi exclaimed in a gasp. “Who is it? Tell me. How long have you been going out? Why didn’t you tell me?”

                “Too many questions, Mimi.”

                “Sorry. But who is he?”

                “Do you want to know?”

                Mimi nodded her head furiously. I smiled at her. So gullible.

                “Ok, I will tell you. But you can’t tell anyone. I trust you remember that.” I whispered seriously. I leaned towards her with caution. “It’s…”

                “What are you two doing?” I heard Ran hiss. Mimi and I turned our head towards her to see her standing with her hands on her hips. Her long black hair was now up in a tight pony tail. She had on a purple dress shirt and tie with a grey plaid skirt and pumps. Hey! She looks like the school’s . “Our 30 minute break is up. We have to go up now.”

                “Awww, Ran.” Mimi whined pulling away from me to stand straight. “Sam was going to tell me who her boyfriend is.”

                “What boyfriend? You idiot, she is messing with you. When will you ever learn?”

                “Really?” Mimi let out looking at me with wide eyes. I smiled shrugging my shoulders. “That’s so mean, Sam! I actually believed you.” Mimi whined giving me a push.

                “Sorry. I couldn’t help it.” I laughed standing up. I thanked Song for putting my makeup. Ran glared at me as I looked back at my phone. I need to reply to Jaejoong. I turned my head to Ran. “Give me a minute.”

                “You got 30 seconds. “ Ran growled. “Mimi, let’s go.”

                “Okay.” Mimi answered happily. She skipped towards Ran. She linked her arms with Ran’s. Just before they walked out of the dressing room, Mimi turned towards me. Her dark eyes shining playfully. “I will get you back.”

                “I’ll be waiting.” I answered with a smile.

                And with that they left the room. I got ’30 seconds’ to text Jaejoong. I glanced back on my phone unlocking it. I tapped on my messages seeing Jaejoong’s last message practically claiming my sweater. My thumb instantly tapped my phone screen at a fast pace as I replied to him.

                I meant a real pig! Not photoshop! I WANT MY SWEATER BACK! Meet me at the café tomorrow at 5pm. HAVE MY SWEATER, JANIE! ;)

                I froze just after I tapped the send button. Did I seriously just schedule another meet up? Why did I do that? My heart quickened in panic.

 Oh god, why don’t phones come with ‘cancel to sender’ buttons. Damn it. Give it back. Don’t send. Please don’t send.

A gasp of horror escaped my lips as my phone informed me that the message sent.

Damn it. Argghhh..

                “Sam!” Jon yelled coming in the room.

                I jumped back like a cat letting out a high pitched scream. My phone went in the air. Luckily, I caught it clumsily though.

He scared the out of me.

                “Jon! What the hell! I could have been still changing!” I yelled as I lifted my right hand to my chest.

My heart raced under my palm.

                “What are you wearing?” Jon hissed.

                He noticed I am wearing Soonie’s pants and not the right shoes. He is seriously gonna try to start something. This should be good. I looked at Jon with a bored look placing my phone on the table with the mirror. I walked towards him ignoring his glares.

                “Cloths, Jon. I am wearing cloths.” I breathed out walking out the dressing room with Jon on my heels.

                “I know you are wearing cloths, idiot.” He growled. He sounds like a freaking dog. A big drooling bulldog. Oh! I should throw a bone to see if he chases it. I waved at the staff getting ready the new set. I bet you can guess what this set is by our outfits. If you guessed a classroom, then you are right. “Why are you wearing Soonie’s pants. You’re supposed to be in the skirt, she has on now. What are those shoes you are wearing? Where are the black pumps? You are all supposed to be wearing the matching shoes!”

                “Nag! Nag! Nag! Damn, Jon! Chill!” I exclaimed stopping in my tracks. I snapped my head at my manager with annoyance. My brown eyes stared into his with challenge. “I am not putting on that skirt and pumps to look like some star. We are idols not symbols for middle aged erts who can’t get dates!”

                “Sam-“

                “Don’t Sam me! You can’t force me in those cloths. I won’t wear them. The other members might be comfortable in them, but I am not.”

                Electricity sparked between our eyes as we glared at each other furiously. They only wanted me to wear the damn skirt because my is big. The skirt would ride up and show part of my and apparently that is y. ing erts.

 My hands fisted at my sides. They were ready to throw one hell of a punch if he even dares to come closer to me. Come on, Jonny boy. Make a move. Try to force me in those dreaded cloths. I would love to send you to the hospital.

                “Fine, wear those pants and shoes.” Jon sighed out in defeat. I arched my eyebrow. There is going to be a ‘but’ somewhere. “But.” Told you. “You have to at least open up the dress shirt. Your members are showing their legs. It’s only fair.” He finished with a smirk.

                “How about I open up your face?” I threatened lifting my fist up as if to punch him.

                “What is going on here?” An older man with long brown hair and casual cloths walked up to us.

His wrinkled face contorted in confusion. It’s the director.

“Ah, Director Jin.” Jon spoke up with a happy smile.

Damn it.

I should explain. You see you never want to get on a director’s bad side in this industry. It is really bad and they can even put you and your whole group on a black list. You would live the rest of your career making ty music videos. Depending how much influence the director has, they can even blacklist you from a lot of variety show even music shows. Sad, right? But that is how this world is.  

Just so you know, Director Jin here is very influential.

“I was telling our dear Ami here that since she choose to wear the pants then she must open her dress shirt. It wouldn’t be fair that her group members are showing off her legs while she is cover. She is not even wearing the pumps.” Jon informed the director. I narrowed my eyes at the man. My pants have tears in them and they are super tight. That is enough! A soft growl escaped my clenched teeth as I took a threatening step towards him. Jon just stayed rooted in his place with an arrogant smirk. His eyes sparkled victoriously. That damn snake. This is payback for how I threatened to expose his secret. “It’s only fair she shows some skin also. Don’t you agree?”  

“Hmm.” Director Jin let out. His dark eyes scanned my body in thought. He can’t be serious. “That is a good idea, Jon. Ami has a great body. It will help with the views if she shows it off. Ami, open the dress shirt. You should be wearing something underneath so it should be find.”

“Director Jin, if I may. I have a tattoo over the right side of my ribs. My company have strict rules not to show my tattoos. I. Cannot! Open my shirt.” I tried to reason. It’s not like I am self-conscious of my body. I was skinny despite all that I eat. Anyways, I had on a black sports bra on. Director Jin shook his head at me letting me know he didn’t care. He will deal with the company himself. Apparently, showing my body off with torn up tight leather pants and sports bra is good for views. I glared at him as he motioned for me to open my shirt then walked away. He let me know to hurry up so we can start the shoot. Then Director Jin walked away. Jon let out a dark chuckle as he looked at me. Motherf- “I would watch out if I were, Jon.” I threatened. I took a few steps towards him. Stopping right next to him. Regret flashed in his eyes. He was struggling to keep his composure. “You just pissed me off. I would warn you little girlfriend, if I were you.”

Wasn’t that big of a threat, but it was effective. Jon’s eyes widen in fear as he let out a gasp. I chuckled darkly as I strutted away heading towards the set.

Everyone’s eyes were on my as my face darkened drastically. My hands came up to my shirt. I loosened my tie ripping it off my neck and throwing it on the floor. I then ripped my white button down dress shirt open with force causing the buttons on it to fly out, scattering everywhere. I felt the cool wind of the AC hit my exposed stomach. My detailed white tiger tattoo was completely exposed for everyone to see.

I sent the Director and Jon a dangerous smirk. Jon’s eyes were still wide with panic. Realization flashed through his features. He shook his head at me silently pleading with me to not do what I was about to do.

They want more views.

They want me to show skin.

Fine! I’ll show them!